Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:14 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
All of those are doing well IN SPITE of Trump.
That's not true at all. He's help to create a positive environment for all those areas due to HIS policy. We don't need you. Vote for any Commie du jour. Trump will be reelected for a good reason.

If the economy was tanking, unemployment up, stock market down, housing market down and energy prices up you would say it happened in spite of Trump right? Or none of it was "his fault". Right?

Last edited by Pilot1; 05-23-2019 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 01:32 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
1. He's right about 99.99999% of the time
2. He never lies
3. He's funny
4. He fights the lying media
5. He doesn't take bribes like the Clintons and Obama did to get rich

Dislikes:

1. He can be a bit harsh and too frank
2. He has not been a model husband
....struggling for more dislikes

He never lies? I'm gonna have to ask you to explain that. He lies all.the.time. And what makes you think he doesn't take bribes? A little personal fiscal transparency would go a long way toward making that case.

For my part, being from NYC I have known about Trump for decades. Before he was a politician, I guess he was...entertaining? A good quality for a TV show host, though his brand of showmanship was never my cup of tea. But stories of his unethical approach to business were always, always in play--he had a way worse reputation than any other high-end NYC developer since the start. Nothing to like about that. (He did renovate a skating rink that the city had been stalling on once, which people applauded. But he only did it for the PR and to rub it in the mayor's face.)

As President there is literally nothing that HE has done that I like in any way shape or form. From day one, watching Sean Spicer at the podium defending the size of the inauguration crowd, I was appalled and it's only gotten worse since then.

I've never given any president full credit for a winning or losing economy. That rises and falls on a whole host of factors and usually, what goes around comes around. What rises will fall.

What do I dislike? His policies on deregulation and trade and immigration and education and the environment, his selections for agency heads, the criminals in his campaign and businesses, his lack of concern about voting rights and security, his big idiot mouth and fragile ego, his infantile ranting on Twitter, etc., etc.

There is nothing I "like" about Trump or his administration.

Sorry, I tried.

Last edited by Sanderling; 05-23-2019 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-23-2019, 02:47 PM

662 posts, read 313,311 times
I never liked anything about Don the Con long before he became a politician. Obviously, someone you don't like at all isn't going to win you over by becoming a childish politician.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:18 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
On the negative side, there are so many things to dislike about Trump, and, not just dislike, but detest. Let's start with his lifelong history of being an unscrupulous , dishonest businessman. Some business people make money at their craft, but they do it ethically and honestly. He did not. He stepped on an cheated every person and vendor he ever dealt with. Many went out of business because of the financial damage he caused them, and many had to sue to get the money they were entitled to.

Unfortunately, that is how the super-rich get that way. Don't think Bill Gates is an angel. Of Jeff Bezos.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:19 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
#1 He is not a Democrat.
#2 He got the Republican nomination.

Nothing else really counts, with me.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
#1 He is not a Democrat.
#2 He got the Republican nomination.

Nothing else really counts, with me.
Of course not, at least your honest, even if you are politically my enemy

Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Dislikes:

Greedy
Egomaniac
Cheating
Thin skinned
Abusive

Not a stooge of the deep state or the Uber Elite top 1% of the 1%. He's an enemy of them.
Is hated by really nasty, awful people in politics, in the MSM, in Hollywood.
Can at least see that our government is causing problems and is instead trying to solve them.
Beat Hillary. What is out highest medal we can bestow on someone? He deserves that. That ranks just below curing cancer or saving the planet from alien invasion.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
1. I like his use of Twitter and he uses it for all the right reasons. (some disagree) He told us that he would communicate with America via Twitter. This is his main way to connect to voters. I like it! But back off a little bit from it sometimes.

2. I like how much he cares about America and I believe he can get it back to the way it used to be, before criminals like Hillary Clinton contaminated it with her greed and illegal activities .

3. I like how incredibly STRONG he is despite 2 years of total HELL from democrats and all the dirty things they did to him and he still stands strong!

4. He is a fighter. He will not bend to anyone! He has more "cajones" than the last 3 presidents. I love how he tells off the news media! Tells them to be quiet and ignores their dumb questions.

5. I like his love of family and how close he is to them and has them a part of his life.

It's hard to say that there is anything to dislike about this amazing man but here goes:

1. I wish he would not wear such large, hanging ties. I think it's to hide his stomach, (wild guess) but he would look more professional if he would reduce the width and the length.

2. Sometimes he can come off as harsh (to some people) but he was similar to my Dad: Ruled the roost, what he said goes and how can you argue with your dad? You can't. You can't argue with Trump either. You won't win. But I would rather have a strong, authoritative figure than a wimpy President who runs from conflict.

3. He has a very high opinion of himself. This is great to run the country. But he is human, just like us. It's okay to admit you might have said the wrong thing to someone and it's okay to say you were not great at something, like negotiating with someone and not get the deal you wanted.

That's all I got!

Trump 2020!

Old 05-23-2019, 05:04 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've yet to meet a Trump Supporter that could give me one reason why they dislike him. IN most cases, it's 100% love!

In the Far East it's been said you can't love someone without simultaneously hating them, at some point in time, and vice versa.

And those that hate Trump, it won't be any different, so if no one responds to this post, I won't be surprised.
Didn't vote for him, but what I like about him:

Brash Alpha Male
Negotiator
Successful Real Estate Developer
Not a Politician
Speaks His Mind

What I don't like about him:

He's a Democrat pretending to be a Conservative
He's too much of a Playboy, even in his 70's, he needs to chill
His hair, it's just too much
He is a phony when it comes to Religion, caring about others, etc...He don't really care, it's just for the cameras.
Spray tan is the wrong shade of Tangerine.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've yet to meet a Trump Supporter that could give me one reason why they dislike him. IN most cases, it's 100% love!
In the Far East it's been said you can't love someone without simultaneously hating them, at some point in time, and vice versa.
And those that hate Trump, it won't be any different, so if no one responds to this post, I won't be surprised.
By that standard, we'd have to love Adolf Hitler and Charles Manson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies