Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 05:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Democrats are fighting to keep the disgusting abortion practice just like they fought to keep slavery.
Do you think a mother should be forced to give birth to a baby conceived due to rape? Do you suggest mothers who do not want children to put them up for adoption? Do you support safe haven laws that allow parents to drop off kids they don't want at places such as churches and fire houses? If you said no to any if not all is it worth having a discussion about continuing abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 08:14 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Crime will skyrocket without abortion access.
That's an interesting point.

It would mean unwanted children, born to stressed out parents who may not be able to afford to care for them. So, yes, it might mean more crime in the long term, as well as a greater drain on government support.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:18 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's an interesting point.

It would mean unwanted children, born to stressed out parents who may not be able to afford to care for them. So, yes, it might mean more crime in the long term, as well as a greater drain on government support.
IOW it's working exactly as Margaret Sanger "planned".

Old 05-24-2019, 09:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think that would be if a law is put forth for only a second and third trimester ban rather than the heartbeat bills that are baiting and fueling the current debate.

with the increase is laws permitting abortions beyond what the original ruling of roe v wade allowed, i think what will happen is the scotus will step up and set down a ruling that will restrict abortions to what the original ruling of roe v wade entailed. i think they have to

Quote:
Do you think a mother should be forced to give birth to a baby conceived due to rape?

i dont think so, but again lets get it done in the first trimester

Quote:
Do you suggest mothers who do not want children to put them up for adoption?
yes they should. there are plenty of childless couples tht would be more than happy to raise a child.

Quote:
Do you support safe haven laws that allow parents to drop off kids they don't want at places such as churches and fire houses?
yes, unwanted children should be dropped off in safe places, like fire stations, police stations, hospitals, churches, convents, and other places like those. and with no questions asked either, except maybe proof of who is the parent of the child, IE provide a birth certificate.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:53 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
with the increase is laws permitting abortions beyond what the original ruling of roe v wade allowed, i think what will happen is the scotus will step up and set down a ruling that will restrict abortions to what the original ruling of roe v wade entailed. i think they have to

yes they should. there are plenty of childless couples tht would be more than happy to raise a child.

yes, unwanted children should be dropped off in safe places, like fire stations, police stations, hospitals, churches, convents, and other places like those. and with no questions asked either, except maybe proof of who is the parent of the child, IE provide a birth certificate.

Do you think there is a waiting list for couples wanting to adopt. We already have hundreds of thousands kids waiting to be adopted. When I was in high school, we volunteered at a home for unwanted kids. I was in catholic school and the home was run by nuns. It was absolutely heartbreaking meeting these young children that just wanted a family to love and be loved. Why in the world aren’t we concerned about them.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
What was the original ruling of Roe V. Wade? If I am not mistaken it was simply that a woman could get an abortion to terminate a pregnancy especially during the first trimester and make it less possible in the second while the third is based around health risks. The recent laws however greatly limit this even in the first trimester. From looking into it, Planned Parenthood V. Casey removed the trimester for fetal viability. That case was originally looked at as the case to reverse Roe V. Wade.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you think a mother should be forced to give birth to a baby conceived due to rape?

Quote:
Do you suggest mothers who do not want children to put them up for adoption?

Quote:
Do you support safe haven laws that allow parents to drop off kids they don't want at places such as churches and fire houses?
I am glad to see you reply even if I didn't direct it at you. It seems you are in fact pro-life rather than pro-birth/anti-abortion.

I think unless the woman has access issues to an abortion outlet, they should be able to have a first trimester abortion for rape. I excluded incest as perhaps incest isn't as problematic (I mean unless the family disowns them) unless we talk incestuous rape. That is unless it is in the health and welfare of mother or baby.

I think we need to make adoption a far more appeasing option for mothers and encouraging more foster parents. It is hard, I agree but we don't do much right now.

I honestly see a lot of backlash to the safe haven laws in Arizona sadly, that is why I bring that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you think there is a waiting list for couples wanting to adopt. We already have hundreds of thousands kids waiting to be adopted. When I was in high school, we volunteered at a home for unwanted kids. I was in catholic school and the home was run by nuns. It was absolutely heartbreaking meeting these young children that just wanted a family to love and be loved. Why in the world aren’t we concerned about them.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:55 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
.....and the murdering of the innocent unborn will plummet once and for all.
Seriously, are you so incredibly naive that you actually trust that government can do much of anything about putting a stop to abortion by banning it?

Old 05-25-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Bank robberies are illegal and they still happen. Should we legislate the right to rob banks?
Robbing banks and abortion aren't remotely comparable.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
No, they won't

But as you talk about "chipping away," let's talk about "pushing the envelope." And that's what pro-abortion activists have been doing since Roe v. Wade. And that's what it is when "abortion rights" now include infanticide.

This SC will strike down the most restrictive abortion laws (including "heartbeat" laws), and will uphold those which require doctors to provide care to viable babies who survive abortions.

The pro-abortion lobby shouldn't delude themselves into thinking, either, that everyone who's pro-abortion supports late-term or partial-birth abortions, or the killing of babies who survive abortions, because they don't.

Even among liberals, they're not all that intemperate with respect to this issue. Believe it.
Who is pro abortion? It's all about having RIGHTS to an abortion and how restrictive they should be. Would someone appreciate being labeled pro abortion, if he or she is only supportive of abortion rights when the life of the mother is in danger? HELL NO! Is a woman pro abortion, who says after her abortion, "My next pregnancy will be as wanted as it can be; no more abortion for me." HELL NO!.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Democrats are fighting to keep the disgusting abortion practice just like they fought to keep slavery.
Slavery and abortion are not comparable, unless you want to point out that neither abortion or slavery were banned in the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies