Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“When I graduated from Wilson in 2011,” Kohrman writes, “it was roughly 20 percent white, 50 percent black and 20 percent Latino . Today, Wilson is roughly a third white, a third black and a fifth Latino. The trend is likely to accelerate. The District is growing whiter, and the majority-white elementary schools that feed into Wilson have more students than ever. The school may become majority-white within a decade.”

I wonder what the overall the test scores, and overall disciplinary climate, were like in 2011 versus what they're like now. I'm betting that both of them have been improving in these past few years, and will continue to do so.

For that remark I will surely be called racist. And I couldn't care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 11:13 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
God, white liberals are the absolute worst.

I think it's hilarious when white liberals believe they have a moral responsibility to "teach" other white people. To stand as self-appointed arbiters between "communities of color" and "Non-woke whites."

They don't understand that "non-woke whites" hate THEM more than they ever disliked or had problems with "persons of color."

Even worse, white liberals don't understand how loathed they are by non-whites as well. The patronizing way they interact with the world is just... gross. The Chinese have a term for them - Baizuo:

Baizuo (/ˈbaɪˌtswɔː/;[1] Chinese: 白左 báizuǒ, literally "idiotic leftist"[2]) is a derogatory Chinese neologism used to refer to Western liberal elites.[3][4][5] . In more than 400 answers submitted by Zhihu users during 2015 to May 2017, the term is defined as referring to those who are hypocritically obsessed with political correctness in order to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority motivated from an ignorant and arrogant Western-centric worldview who pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours.
Spot on. We spend way too much time, money, and energy worried about PC culture, which ultimately further divides us. The Libs are obsessed with RACE!

Old 05-24-2019, 11:13 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I wonder what the overall the test scores, and overall disciplinary climate, were like in 2011 versus what they're like now. I'm betting that both of them have been improving in these past few years, and will continue to do so.

For that remark I will surely be called racist. And I couldn't care less.
Ask and YE SHALL RECEIVE!

at least on the testing end.

https://www.greatschools.org/washing...n-High-School/
https://www.schooldigger.com/go/DC/s...33/school.aspx

Second link shows historical testing.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:21 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
God, white liberals are the absolute worst.

I think it's hilarious when white liberals believe they have a moral responsibility to "teach" other white people. To stand as self-appointed arbiters between "communities of color" and "Non-woke whites."

They don't understand that "non-woke whites" hate THEM more than they ever disliked or had problems with "persons of color."

Even worse, white liberals don't understand how loathed they are by non-whites as well. The patronizing way they interact with the world is just... gross. The Chinese have a term for them - Baizuo:

Baizuo (/ˈbaɪˌtswɔː/;[1] Chinese: 白左 báizuǒ, literally "idiotic leftist"[2]) is a derogatory Chinese neologism used to refer to Western liberal elites.[3][4][5] . In more than 400 answers submitted by Zhihu users during 2015 to May 2017, the term is defined as referring to those who are hypocritically obsessed with political correctness in order to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority motivated from an ignorant and arrogant Western-centric worldview who pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours.
It's even more hilarious when such white liberals end up becoming victims of crime by the very color of people they are out to "teach" other white people about.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:21 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Maybe the worrying issue is that the school is going from being an integrated school....to a mostly white school.

Test scores are a product of the home....not the school.
are you saying it's impossible for a 'mostly white' school to be integrated?

Old 05-24-2019, 11:30 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
What a shock, the thread title is a lie. The Washington Post isn't worrying about this. They published an opinion piece by an individual who happened to have graduated from the school and wanted to share his thoughts.

And he explained his concerns, including

Quote:
The school’s changing composition threatens what, for me, made a Wilson education exceptional: grappling with privilege and being in the minority. It also threatens a public good more important than a white teen’s moral development: an excellent education for thousands of low-income black and Latino students across the city.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.84b1037a5b19

For anyone who wants to actually read the piece as opposed to a quote taken out of context, most likely because it's currently making the rounds of the RWNJ blogosphere

Old 05-24-2019, 03:12 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What a shock, the thread title is a lie. The Washington Post isn't worrying about this. They published an opinion piece by an individual who happened to have graduated from the school and wanted to share his thoughts.

And he explained his concerns, including

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.84b1037a5b19

For anyone who wants to actually read the piece as opposed to a quote taken out of context, most likely because it's currently making the rounds of the RWNJ blogosphere
I would find it hard to believe that the fine folks at the Washington Post don't share the writer's view.

Two eyerolls and two slappies.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies