Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 11:55 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump leaving for Japan today and all eyes will be on him as usual. Media will be on full alert for protocol pitfalls.

If he doesn't puke on Prime Minister Shinzo Abe it will be a big success !!!

Watch out: Protocol pitfalls abound as Trump heads
https://japantoday.com/category/feat...p-heads-abroad

In 1992, President George H.W. Bush slumped over and vomited in the lap of Japan's prime minister during a state banquet in Tokyo.

Protocol has stumped other presidents and dignitaries, too.
Full alert? The entire press corps just needs to sit there and watch. Protocol breaches and embarrassing gaffes WILL happen. Trump will be Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 12:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Full alert? The entire press corps just needs to sit there and watch. Protocol breaches and embarrassing gaffes WILL happen. Trump will be Trump.
He will ask for fries and ketchup with his sushi. Japan, the nation that prides itself on its manners and rituals and the best the USA has to offer is a monstrous disrespectful obese knuckle dragger. OMG...how utterly humiliating for us.

Old 05-24-2019, 12:56 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Sorry. no kiddy debate table on the forum !!!
Just follow along and soon you'll get the hang of it.
Feel free to chime in when you know something !!!
You certainly are a clever poster. I will say I'm super impressed that you managed to get your whole subject line out to fit the standard this time. Seems to be an issue for you.

So what was your point on the fortune cookie remark because it's lost on me too. Was it some clever "Oriental" joke?

Old 05-24-2019, 01:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You certainly are a clever poster. I will say I'm super impressed that you managed to get your whole subject line out to fit the standard this time. Seems to be an issue for you.

So what was your point on the fortune cookie remark because it's lost on me too. Was it some clever "Oriental" joke?
Its not my issue !!! Must be yours !!!

I like it when they are to long b/c people click on it to see the rest. The hook !!!

If it is like Trumps flight and goes over your head ignore it. I can't understand it for you.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:56 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Trump leaving for Japan today and all eyes will be on him as usual.

Oh break out the violins...poor Trump getting what he wants: ATTENTION.

Geez, you Trump folks are never satisfied. Angry since the day you got what you created and desired.

Spare us the whining and pre-apologies. You are never happy.You want the spotlight but then complain. The free press, doing its job, is damned if they look and report and damned if they don't!

You know one should know a little history before claiming to be a leader of a nation. There once was a president who utilized a phrase that is sometimes attributed to him, but actually it was just one of his favorites... Trump should pay more attention to those who are wiser and came before him.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen," was one of Harry S. Truman's rejoinders when grown ups in government whined and complained.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:58 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Haha. Watch how progressives immediately morph into experts on Japanese culture and State protocol.
Haha! If Trump so much as sneezes, it'll be national news for a minimum of two days.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Trump leaving for Japan today and all eyes will be on him as usual.

Oh break out the violins...poor Trump getting what he wants: ATTENTION.

Geez, you Trump folks are never satisfied. Angry since the day you got what you created and desired.

Spare us the whining and pre-apologies. You are never happy.You want the spotlight but then complain. The free press, doing its job, is damned if they look and report and damned if they don't!

You know one should know a little history before claiming to be a leader of a nation. There once was a president who utilized a phrase that is sometimes attributed to him, but actually it was just one of his favorites... Trump should pay more attention to those who are wiser and came before him.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen," was one of Harry S. Truman's rejoinders when grown ups in government whined and complained.
Triggered much ???

Trump is always entertaining !!! Maybe he'll get in some golf !!!
The protocol blunders will always be secondary to the blunders of anti-Trumpers and the media.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:07 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Triggered much ???

Trump is always entertaining !!!
The protocol blunders will always be secondary to the blunders of anti-Trumpers and the media.
I can't wait to watch the media make fools of themselves for any presumed blunder on Trump's part. Very entertaining.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:11 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:

Triggered much ???

Trump is always entertaining !!! Maybe he'll get in some golf !!!
It's your thread, dear. Bless your little heart!

Old 05-24-2019, 02:17 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Based on the article,

Trump's penchant for flattery is not lost on the Japanese, with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe going all-out to become perhaps Trump's closest friend among global leaders. The frills of a state visit, including meeting Naruhito and an imperial banquet, should bring out the best in Trump, said Michael Green, senior vice president for Asia and Japan chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

the bold is the bottom line. I think Abe would give Trump something he wants, that is really what is the most important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies