Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Thank you for your service Pete Buttigieg!
I concur with that.
As for the link, it's not that I disagree with anything he said. It's just that I thought we got past Vietnam with Clinton. We're taking a war that ended years ago. There's plenty of things to go after Trump about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 11:38 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
What did Pete says about Obama's lack of military service?
Dude;

That's so 2008. Obama is not running. Evict him from your head.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:42 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Right. Trump has no morals, no honesty, no integrity, no intelligence, all something Mayor Pete has and Trump doesn't want.
Almost half of American adults are deplorable. How did that line play in the electoral states that count last time?

Old 05-25-2019, 02:27 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Almost half of American adults are deplorable. How did that line play in the electoral states that count last time?

No.. only the people who know the truth about Trump, and internalize it as OK to vote for a con man, a liar, a cheat, a narcissist, a wannabe dictator, while playing their everybody hates white people rhetoric and pumping their chest with religion, morals and family values are.

They have painted themselves as a moral police, the true patriots who belive faithfully in the constitution and preaching family values, just to throw it ALL away, because trump is the President.

If you voted for trump because you did not want Clinton elected.. FINE. But then to accept that trump lies about EVERYTHING as easily as breathing and still accepting that as ok... That is when you become deplorable.

If you voted for trump because you did not want Clinton elected.. FINE. But then to accept that trump cheats on his wives constantly... and then that becomes ok to, while claiming to be the party of Morality. That is when you become deplorable.

If you voted for trump because you did not want Clinton elected.. FINE. But then to ignore that trump where trying to get a hundreds of million $ deal with Putin, speaking to Putin several times in in secrecy, while lying to the American people... and deem that to be ok as well.. That is when you become deplorable.

I dont put people on pedestals... I can accept a few faults and insignificant lies or personal traits in an elected official. However the Right wing Taliban, has gone completely of the rails, casting aside EVERTHING they have preached themselves to be for 40 years, to defend a man, who spits on ALL your claimed beliefs and morals...

And you think its aaaaaall fine...

Do you think the next republican candidate claiming to be a family man, with strong morals and ethical beliefs are supposed to be believed? He will be laughed out of running by you, because that is not what the Right Wing Taliban wants. They want a low browed bully, who is good at calling other people names and laughing at their disabilities... As long as he has touched a bible once in his life and claimed to like a verse in the Bible, they are OK with you.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:57 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump's President something Pete isn't.
Trump has something Pete wants.
Pete has nothing Trump wants. Winner Trump !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Pretty sure Trump would like to be as intelligent and articulate as Pete.
Quote:

Its not what someone has, its how they use what they have.
So far being intelligent and articulate hasn't helped him to knock off the two dotards leading in his party. He's obviously more intelligent and articulate than those two clowns but they all carry the same ball and chain of their ideas.
The all too common contradiction from the posting poet...Seems Pete has some things a lot of folks need!

Old 05-25-2019, 06:18 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
You’re not the only retired solider I know.

I know a lot also....

Quote:
I was once a military spouse.

So, what was your rank, never mind, you had none that was your husbands rank....now, do spouses go through a lot...of course, ask my wife of 20+ years.....

Quote:
At any rate, what does that have to do with your flair for the dramatic?

Over accentuating to bring attention to your post, which is what it did....

Quote:
Trump dodged the draft. Google is your friend.

Trump was medically deferred from the draft....a dictionary should be your friend, but as we can see....

Dodged and medically deferred have 2 completely meanings....your definition does not matter because you don't like someone....

Old 05-25-2019, 06:20 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What's happening here is that Trump has no integrity; and neither do his followers.

Says the obama/hillary boot licker....

Old 05-25-2019, 08:29 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
well, the honest truth is that

1. For people who like Trump, they won't care if Trump dodged the draft.

2. For people who dislike Trump, they won't care even if Trump didn't dodge the draft.

Pete Buttigieg has been in the war zone, but he volunteered to serve, he wasn't drafted. So he shouldn't be comparing himself to Trump. Different era, different mentality.

I agree with the poster who said once upon a time, a military service was a desirable quality for a presidential candidate, but people stop caring about such a quality for years.

Pete Buttigieg will be using his military service to attack Trump, this is predictable.

In his interview, he said,

"I don't have a problem to stand up to someone who was, you know, working on season seven of 'celebrity apprentice' when I was packing my bags to Afghanistan. "

Honestly, the above is a turn off to me. It is okay for somebody to be proud of his military service, but he seems to be somebody who have the attitude of "I served, what about you?" He seems to be the person who believes any civilians who never served are somehow beneath him. Working on a TV show is a job, going to the war zone is also a job. I don't think one is more honorable than the other.

Somebody who attacked me once saying I shouldn't be talking too much about the military because I have never served. He was some kind of veteran and all of sudden, I lost my right to "talk." The person has such sad astonishing sense of entitlement. Remember, you gave up SOME of your constitutional rights to uphold ours. Stop acting you are better than the civilians who never served.

I know many combat veterans who don't have this kind of attitude and they never act like they are better than us civilians.

He hasn't impressed me so far.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, the honest truth is that

1. For people who like Trump, they won't care if Trump dodged the draft.

2. For people who dislike Trump, they won't care even if Trump didn't dodge the draft.

Pete Buttigieg has been in the war zone, but he volunteered to serve, he wasn't drafted. So he shouldn't be comparing himself to Trump. Different era, different mentality.

I agree with the poster who said once upon a time, a military service was a desirable quality for a presidential candidate, but people stop caring about such a quality for years.

Pete Buttigieg will be using his military service to attack Trump, this is predictable.

In his interview, he said,

"I don't have a problem to stand up to someone who was, you know, working on season seven of 'celebrity apprentice' when I was packing my bags to Afghanistan. "

Honestly, the above is a turn off to me. It is okay for somebody to be proud of his military service, but he seems to be somebody who have the attitude of "I served, what about you?" He seems to be the person who believes any civilians who never served are somehow beneath him. Working on a TV show is a job, going to the war zone is also a job. I don't think one is more honorable than the other.

He hasn't impressed me so far.
That's mostly how I see it too.

Pope Pete is desperate.
Pulling out all the stops and going for broke.
Now he is bankrupt in more ways than one.

McCain didn't win on his military record when he ran for president.
GW Bush didn't win b/c of his either.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:38 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
That's mostly how I see it too.

Pope Pete is desperate.
Pulling out all the stops and going for broke.
Now he is bankrupt in more ways than one.

McCain didn't win on his military record when he ran for president.
GW Bush didn't win b/c of his either.
agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies