Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 02:32 AM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Hispanics are the second most obese group in the US.
Well what then would explain their longer average lifespan than white non-Hispanics?

My son's Grandfather in law emigrated from Mexico and is now 97 years old and still in decent health. He told me he had an Aunt in Spain that lived to 114.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 03:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Middle aged white males are driving the numbers down too...especially since they lead the nation in suicides.

But we’re supposed to ignore that.

Old 05-25-2019, 03:50 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Middle aged white males are driving the numbers down too...especially since they lead the nation in suicides.

But we’re supposed to ignore that.
Are we supposed to ignore that?

I think it clearly goes to show that the ruling billionaire class of this country dont care at all about race and "white supremacy" as some people claim, but is purely interested in grabbing as much of the national wealth as possible at the expense of ordinary Americans of all colors. "White privilege" is just part of the distraction they push through their mainstream media mouthpieces they own.

40 years of "trickle down" and Wall Street grovelling has been an utter disaster for the working class of this country and its just getting started. The all-out attack on labor unions and salt of the earth Americans is continuing with full force under Trump and the Wall Street democrats.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:02 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Are we supposed to ignore that?

I think it clearly goes to show that the ruling billionaire class of this country dont care at all about race and "white supremacy" as some people claim, but is purely interested in grabbing as much of the national wealth as possible at the expense of ordinary Americans of all colors. "White privilege" is just part of the distraction they push through their mainstream media mouthpieces they own.

40 years of "trickle down" and Wall Street grovelling has been an utter disaster for the working class of this country and its just getting started. The all-out attack on labor unions and salt of the earth Americans is continuing with full force under Trump and the Wall Street democrats.
Trump...
Lol, like none of that stuff happened before Trump? ... You people with the Trump derangement syndrome are funny, short sighted for sure.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:06 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Leftist agenda having it's desired effect. Nothing to see here...

And you all know there are tons of leftists who are glad to see this.
Oh you mean the “leftists” who just gave the big corporations a huge tax cut and the same leftists who constantly threaten to eliminate Obamacare and Medicaid?

Old 05-25-2019, 04:07 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump...
Lol, like none of that stuff happened before Trump? ... You people with the Trump derangement syndrome are funny, short sighted for sure.
Trump and friends who gave huge tax cuts to big corporations and threatens to eliminate affordable care act and Medicaid.....yeah, that trump and friends...

Old 05-25-2019, 04:08 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelino19 View Post
I reviewed several charts from various sources regarding life expectancy in the US. Here's what the life expectancy data shows.

2013 STUDY

Hispanic Americans 81.6
White Americans 78.9
Black Americans 75.3

2014 STUDY

Hispanic Americans 82.89
White Americans 79.12
Black Americans 75.2

2019 - TEXAS LIFE EXPECTANCY STUDY

Hispanic Women 83.9
Hispanic Men 78.28

White Women 80.6
White Men 75.6

Black Women 78.0
Black Men 72.4

From the data it's clear Hispanic Americans are out living White & Black Americans. Data also reflects the group with the highest life expectancy in the US is Asian Americans at 86.67
Hispanic is not a race and if it were, it would be mostly white.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:10 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
While I don't know what ethnic group on average has the highest life expectancy, the Okinawan people and similar are definitely up there! Look, I am fine if the White man's life expectancy is going down, but I want to live to be at least 85.
So do I.

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I'm not overweight, and I have good diet.

Most of the people in my family, on both sides, who took decent care of themselves, lived to be from late 80s to 104.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:15 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Trump and friends who gave huge tax cuts to big corporations and threatens to eliminate affordable care act and Medicaid.....yeah, that trump and friends...
Like I said cronyism long long predates trump... lol, jeesus, the Trump derangement syndrome is strong here.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:16 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump...
I specifically mentioned the last 40 years. Trump has not been in charge for 40 years, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Trump is simply continuing the disastrous trickle down policies we've been accustomed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies