Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 05:34 AM

30,001 posts, read 18,571,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/0...rica-season-4/

I've been a CNN user for about 30 years.

They've been my go to news source, they're the only news app on my phone for the past 10+ years.

My last so many presidential votes were I, I, D, I, R, D, R.

My congressperson, whom I voted for is Charise Davids.

With that said, this is garbage and frankly legitimizes the media complaints from Trump and his supporters.

I mean , wow. First page of CNN.com and you have a "journalist" that has rounded up some very young children to talk about how "they felt safer" when Obama was president.

Shame on CNN for running this sort of garbage.

I'm deleting my app now. Not sure where I'll get my news next, but it won't be from them (or fox).

But yeah, Obama, Hillary etc. were right when they started saying "Fake News". So is Trump for copying them.

Liberalism is based on fear and emotion, not reason. Such tactics are exactly what one would expect.

You are viewing this action by CNN through the prism of someone who is rational, therefore it does not make sense. Get really high and drunk, then look at it and perhaps it will make more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 05:35 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,689,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Ask the business crowd around New YorK City about him. They have known about him for a while. The rest of the world didnt have to deal with him. The one negative side you talk about is the real Trump. Everything is about him. How about the doctored video, and the incoherent apology from Giuliani, thats how they operate.

Yep, the people of New York KNOW Donald Trump, and he is hated there. That says a lot. People in Iowa have no idea who this man is, or how crooked he has been forever.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:38 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,361,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberalism is based on fear and emotion, not reason. Such tactics are exactly what one would expect.

You are viewing this action by CNN through the prism of someone who is rational, therefore it does not make sense. Get really high and drunk, then look at it and perhaps it will make more sense.
Can't rep you again, but spot on! I know many liberals (not the hate spewing type) and almost all of them have a difficult time having basic factual, rational conversations because they are so filled with emotion and believe anything they're told to believe. Not a whole lot of thinking going upstairs in those heads, for sure.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:59 AM

30,000 posts, read 11,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Sure, that is your prerogative , just like many of us can't stand to watch Fox News because of their very obvious bias for Trump (although even they are beginning to realize they have been living a lie and are changing...………..much to the chagrin of Donald Trump)

One thing I have noticed though is how CNN and MSNBC are staffed by intelligent, experienced news hosts. Rachel Maddow and all the rest, both male and female, who know their craft and are very professional. Fox News "hosts" consist of those two morning show clowns and the bleach blonde bubble head who was picked strictly for her looks, obviously. There are exceptions, Shep Smith, etc, who refuse to go along with their skewed agenda, so there are some shows worth watching.

I get it, the smart ones agree with you the dumb ones do not. That is the mindset that keeps Fox News, CNN and MSNBS going.

Nothing on Fox News, CNN or MSNBC is worth watching unless only for entertainment purposes or of someone needs their perspective validated by a talking head who they perceive are smarter or wiser than they are. Those networks exist for ratings and except for small slivers of hard news that may happen for a few minutes at the top of the hour they have "shows" all day long. Good thing is put all their ratings together and they only account for a small less than 10% of the US population. So most are smart enough to look elsewhere for real information.

But even with Fox News, Laura Ingram is a lawyer, Bill O'reilly was a Harvard grad, Tucker Carlson was on CNN for years, Greta was on all three of the cable news outlets at one time or another. But like I said they are smart when they are on your side and dumb when they are not.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-25-2019 at 08:12 AM..

Old 05-25-2019, 08:23 AM

34,173 posts, read 18,460,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Can't rep you again, but spot on! I know many liberals (not the hate spewing type) and almost all of them have a difficult time having basic factual, rational conversations because they are so filled with emotion and believe anything they're told to believe. Not a whole lot of thinking going upstairs in those heads, for sure.
That is why they end up hate spewing, name calling and accusing you of being racist and sexist. It is to end the argument because they can not discuss nor argue RATIONALLY.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:29 AM

30,696 posts, read 21,836,679 times
This thread shows exactly why CNN ratings are going down the tube. Thank God we have a more accurate news source in TMZ

Old 05-25-2019, 08:47 AM

62,697 posts, read 28,894,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That is why they end up hate spewing, name calling and accusing you of being racist and sexist. It is to end the argument because they can not discuss nor argue RATIONALLY.
I have found that within my own lefty relatives. They can't discuss the issues without anger, name calling and constantly trashing our president with mostly lies. Thank God I only have a few of them while the rest of the family are conservatives and don't resort to such behavior.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:52 AM

8,837 posts, read 4,504,328 times
CNN app? Nope. I get all my news from Facebook.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:28 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,589,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have found that within my own lefty relatives. They can't discuss the issues without anger, name calling and constantly trashing our president with mostly lies. Thank God I only have a few of them while the rest of the family are conservatives and don't resort to such behavior.
hmm..

Quote:
anger, name calling and constantly trashing our president with mostly lies.
And these liberals actually think thats the best way to win over someone..wow

Old 05-25-2019, 10:05 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/0...rica-season-4/

I've been a CNN user for about 30 years.

They've been my go to news source, they're the only news app on my phone for the past 10+ years.

My last so many presidential votes were I, I, D, I, R, D, R.

My congressperson, whom I voted for is Charise Davids.

With that said, this is garbage and frankly legitimizes the media complaints from Trump and his supporters.

I mean , wow. First page of CNN.com and you have a "journalist" that has rounded up some very young children to talk about how "they felt safer" when Obama was president.

Shame on CNN for running this sort of garbage.

I'm deleting my app now. Not sure where I'll get my news next, but it won't be from them (or fox).

But yeah, Obama, Hillary etc. were right when they started saying "Fake News". So is Trump for copying them.
All I can say is, what took you so long to discover how bad they are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies