Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 03:18 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
YEAH! That's show them
Maybe he doesn't care about "showing them," but rather finding other sources of news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 06:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
YEAH! That's show them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Maybe he doesn't care about "showing them," but rather finding other sources of news.
"Getting them" is how dems think, thats why the OP and Finn don't get that deleting the app was about finding other sources.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:42 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Yeah, deleting your app - that's really going to scare them.

Write an angry letter - or comment - or tweet.
It should because they’re losing viewers at a rapid pace. There is trouble on the horizon for CNN. In fact, I think there is trouble on the horizon for a lot of things - professional sports, network tv, cable tv, radio, newspapers, brick and mortar stores. Young people don’t watch sports in great numbers, they don’t shop, they don’t watch tv unless it’s from some streaming service or YouTube, they don’t buy music. I don’t know what’s going to happen to these industries in the future. I guess musicians will get revenue from Spotify and YouTube, but it can’t be as lucrative as it used to be.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its better to have a news aggregate like Drudge and peruse the links. No need to watch cable news.
You should go to other news aggregators too, like RealClearPolitics. They’re pretty good at showing both sides on similar topics. The problem is it’s only political opinion. I’d like a news aggregator that has actual news other than Drudge. Is there a liberal news aggregator? I think the Daily Beast is somewhat a news aggregator, but also has its own content. Can someone tell me, because I’d like to check it out?

Old 05-25-2019, 08:55 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL no.

If a News source argues philosophy, which WSJ does, then it is not just "right leaning by comparison".
I dont necessarily see CNN as having a philosophy. I doubt most of you do either , which is the most interesting thing about the attacks on CNN and the right vs left divide in this nation.
Put CNN on for 5 minutes virtually any time day or night unless they are running filler show like Anthony Boudain or the like and they will have some negative Trump discussion, story or something negative running across the screen about Trump. Whatever Trump has done or said that day they will find an "expert" who will find fault in it.

Whatever you want to call this sort of journalism it is anti Trump. Fox News and MSNBC have their
philosophies and lean the way they do but CNN tries to pretend the are in the middle and objective. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:38 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
CNN has been garbage for a while, but I tolerated it up until recently because it was more important to me to get breaking and actual urgent news ASAP. They really fell off a cliff with Trump though. They spend more time tripping over their own two feet trying to bash him. They allow every single one of their "journalists" to go on air and give what are more opinion pieces than news.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
CNN has been garbage for a while, but I tolerated it up until recently because it was more important to me to get breaking and actual urgent news ASAP. They really fell off a cliff with Trump though. They spend more time tripping over their own two feet trying to bash him. They allow every single one of their "journalists" to go on air and give what are more opinion pieces than news.
Trump is part of it, but the other part is they got Jeff Zucker to run their news division, and he decided to get more like MSNBC and Fox to compete with them for ratings. CNN being in the middle in the cable news field was actually making them the least rated of the three. The problem is that it didn’t work. Their ratings are tanking even farther now.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Trump is part of it, but the other part is they got Jeff Zucker to run their news division, and he decided to get more like MSNBC and Fox to compete with them for ratings. CNN being in the middle in the cable news field was actually making them the least rated of the three. The problem is that it didn’t work. Their ratings are tanking even farther now. I personally think they should have stayed in the middle. There is a market for that. Though no one is in the middle now, even network news.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 AM

I wonder how I posted two duplicate posts? Honestly don’t know how that happened, and now I cannot delete one of them. Sorry about that.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:47 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,639,050 times
I quit watching CNN decades (?) ago when they posted up this as the second amendment. I nearly threw something at my TV. There is no way anyone can convince me that was accidental. Leaving out one word, maybe. Leaving out 3 critical, consecutive words, is not an accident.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

I like Axios and One America News Network for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies