Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 01:59 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,578,623 times

Advertisements

Gillette a best a trans can get? Their advertising department first went after men in their toxic masculinity ad. Now they are transitioning to......trans shaving.

New Gillette Trans Ad

Old 05-25-2019, 02:06 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,161,454 times
Whenever they upload this to their youtube page, I bet they disable comments and voting.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:08 PM

24,735 posts, read 17,480,571 times
Well most everyone has to shave something here and there and that applies to Trans people too.
I just don't understand why big companies like Gillette feel the need to reach out to such a small segment of our society while running the risk of offending a larger segment?

We all know that there are Trans people in the world but do we need to see them on prime time TV in an ad? I could care less about it but I wonder if the feelings of the Trans people are so fragile that they need the reassurance of seeing a person like themselves on TV?

Old 05-25-2019, 02:15 PM

5,999 posts, read 3,750,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well most everyone has to shave something here and there and that applies to Trans people too.
I just don't understand why big companies like Gillette feel the need to reach out to such a small segment of our society while running the risk of offending a larger segment?

We all know that there are Trans people in the world but do we need to see them on prime time TV in an ad? I could care less about it but I wonder if the feelings of the Trans people are so fragile that they need the reassurance of seeing a person like themselves on TV?

Why are you so offended at seeing them on TV?

Old 05-25-2019, 02:21 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,397,177 times
Quote:

I could just imagine if we decided to remove all white people from television. The howling would be heard on the moon. Yes, everyone likes to see others they can relate to. It's not rocket science here. It's simply human nature.

Not sure why that would offend you.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:27 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,578,623 times
Quote:

It's social engineering and promoting the SJW agenda. I would imagine someone at Proctor and Gamble is going to fire the SJW over the advertising department at Gillette. They are going to lose a huge market share over this recent nonsense. I know multiple people who are basically moderates who have said they will never buy Gillette products ever again.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:32 PM

26,683 posts, read 15,240,888 times
Gillette says they aren't afraid to tackle these issues....how much do you want to bet they won't run these ads in their Muslim market areas just like last time? So much for being unafraid to tackle any issue anywhere.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:48 PM

19,385 posts, read 6,545,985 times
Quote:

True. I read somewhere that the trans population is 1/3 of 1%. What business runs an ad targeting the needs of 1 out of 300 people, while likely turning off at least 10% of their potential customers? This PC stuff has gone too far.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:53 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,397,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Gillette says they aren't afraid to tackle these issues....how much do you want to bet they won't run these ads in their Muslim market areas just like last time? So much for being unafraid to tackle any issue anywhere.
It's on Facebook. Muslims get Facebook.

Old 05-25-2019, 03:02 PM

26,683 posts, read 15,240,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's on Facebook. Muslims get Facebook.
Thanks for proving my point.

Just like their traditional website...it shows the hypocrisy and fakeness of their claim that they are unafraid to tackle these issues anytime and anywhere.

Their USA Facebook page in English gives us a nice lecture on SJW issues. If you go to their Saudi Arabia Facebook page, which is primarily in Arabic - you get ZERO SJW issues lectured to you.

https://www.facebook.com/gillettearabia

The USA Gillette traditional website gives us SJW lectures.....the traditional Gillette Saudi Arabia website does not.

How can you think Gillette is being sincere that they are unafraid to tackle these issues anytime and anywhere?

Is Saudi Arabia known for being a hotbed of gender equality in your worldview?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies