Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 01:48 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...I actually like the topic. Keep talking about him. That’s even better for me. That way, I can keep rubbing your noses in it.

Like I said, white folks picked him because they were terrified of the alternatives. Me? I absolutely LOVE the alternatives. People like Malcolm X, Huey Newton and Assata Shakur are right up my alley. Love’em. King was black clergy, and I can’t stand the black clergy anyway. I don’t even think that African Americans should be Christians. You’re just upset that whites didn’t pick a better horse. That’s not my problem.

It’s yours.
Why do you love Assata Shakur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 01:49 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
Quote:
The Founders aren’t traitors. Sorry.

How many men and women did Lee beat, whip, and rape? How many children did he sell away from their families?

And don’t gimme any nonsense about him being a kind and benevolent master. There’s no such thing.
Do you hold the same disdain for President Grant, who owned a slave?

And do you really care about "treason?" Again, so many on the Left deride the United States as an incorrigibly "racist, imperialist, genocidal" entity. So why whine about "treason" against the very country that is despised? Doesn't add up.

Sorry.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:54 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Shrug. We have far worse figures in our history. Deal with them first, then we can talk about MLK.

Lee committed treason against this country. He should’ve been hanged after the war.

Nah...we’ll STILL be going after the Confederate, racist, seditious, Slave owning traitors from the South and demanding that our tax dollars aren’t used to maintain their statues and other commemorative items. Those still have to go if they’re anywhere near where we live or even gallivant.

That’s just how it’s gotta be.

................ that is to be expected. Lincoln admired Lee for his dedication to his cause and did not consider him a traitor. The only Confederate executed after the Civil War was the commander of Andersonville. If a "reign of terror" had been initiated after the Civil War (as it appears you favor), there would have never been a healing of the nation and another civil war would have eventually erupted. This is probably why Africa is in perpetual civil war. Lincoln was magnanimous and a great president, realizing that revenge would destroy the nation. He had enough blood to last a lifetime.

The American Taliban wants to destroy all remnants of US history and present a "sanitized", revised version just like a good communist.

Your selection of "heroes" reveals a lot about your views, which appears to be hateful of white people. That is not unexpected, as many blacks are racists. It is ironic that they call others "racist" while engaging in the very same activity.

If not for those "traitors from the South", you might be very well living in a hut in west Africa with no running water or electricity. I would imagine that most of those West Africans would gladly trade places, if you wished to do so. My understanding is that the government in South Africa is working on ejecting most of the white inhabitants, so that might be a great place as well.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:57 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Do you hold the same disdain for President Grant, who owned a slave?

And do you really care about "treason?" Again, so many on the Left deride the United States as an incorrigibly "racist, imperialist, genocidal" entity. So why whine about "treason" against the very country that is despised? Doesn't add up.

Sorry.
nah. he doesn't care.

it's merely a club to whack old white guys with.

Old 05-29-2019, 05:35 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Lol...I actually like the topic. Keep talking about him. That’s even better for me. That way, I can keep rubbing your noses in it.

Like I said, white folks picked him because they were terrified of the alternatives. Me? I absolutely LOVE the alternatives. People like Malcolm X, Huey Newton and Assata Shakur are right up my alley. Love’em. King was black clergy, and I can’t stand the black clergy anyway. I don’t even think that African Americans should be Christians. You’re just upset that whites didn’t pick a better horse. That’s not my problem.

It’s yours.
So what accounts for all this sudden revisionism from these a** clowns slamming King?

Interestingly, as you've said, King might have been the "mildest" of the alternatives to White America, but he was quite reviled in his lifetime.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:25 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
king was a man. why should his human foibles negate his accomplishments? I will never understand why some assume important men in history were saints. great men are NEVER saints.

My deceased father-in-law told me decades ago that he met king once. In the elevator of his apartment building. he said the gossip was one of king's mistresses lived in the building.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:35 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like the wokescolds would demand it, for the sake of consistency.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rishioner.html

Off with everyone's heads....We all have secrets

Old 05-29-2019, 06:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
king was a man. why should his human foibles negate his accomplishments? I will never understand why some assume important men in history were saints. great men are NEVER saints.

My deceased father-in-law told me decades ago that he met king once. In the elevator of his apartment building. he said the gossip was one of king's mistresses lived in the building.
If he was alive today, he'd be elected POTUS ... oh wait ...

Old 05-29-2019, 06:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So what accounts for all this sudden revisionism from these a** clowns slamming King?
FBI recordings. why didn’t you read the OP?
it’s great that you consider this Pulitzer prize winning autobiographer an ‘a** clown’ though. maybe you should email him and vent some rage.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

Leftists salivate at any opportunity to persecute any republican male for the slightest mistake.

You’re lucky our side doesn’t control the MSM. If we were like you, we would make absolutely sure to turn this into a 3 month long temper tantrum and not rest until the mans name was removed from every possible piece of public and private property in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies