Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 03:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Do a test market. Run some adds for bus companies that want to work for free or no pay !!!

Lets us know the pragmatic results !!!
I imagine abortion activists would be funding the bus rides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 03:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think free BC for the asking is more pragmatic.

Never fear, though, all around the country, women are talking about reviving the Jane Collective should SCOTUS upheld any of the crazy state laws that are being enacted. Or worse, overturn Roe v Wade.
It’s liberals who typically argue bc is not 100% effective and there will always be people who think pregnancy won’t happen to them and pass on bc regardless of the cost. I’m not sure lawmen in Mississippi or Alabama would be as tolerant as Chicago lawmen were in the Jane Collective era.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:06 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Please elaborate.
I think the OP referring to giving women free bus tickets to travel to another state if they want an abortion.

Women in Ireland would often get the ferry or plane to Liverpool to have an abortion and it became known as the Liverpool-Ireland abortion corridor.

Womens groups in Liverpool have historically offered accommodation and other support to women travelling from Ireland seeking abortions and Liverpool Women’s Hospital is the only health provider directly referenced in political debates on Irish women’s right to abortion. Over 5,000 Irish women travel to Liverpool to have abortions every year.

Travelling from Ireland | Marie Stopes UK

The heartbreaking stories of Irish women forced to travel to Liverpool for an abortion - Liverpool Echo

Old 05-27-2019, 07:05 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I imagine abortion activists would be funding the bus rides.
Imagination is idealistic not pragmatic !!! Its the art of BS, dwelling in the house of deception.

Eventually they will want the tax payer on the hook for it. Just as they do with abortions !!!

Last edited by phma; 05-27-2019 at 07:43 AM..

Old 05-27-2019, 07:37 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They can sew it shut. Cheaper than an abortion.
Who can sew what up? Are you suggesting women should sew their vaginal openings shut as a means of preventing pregnancy?

Old 05-27-2019, 07:46 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
If they agreed to pay for their own abortions, would you try to stop them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No. As long as they paid for it. They can live with moral and ethical implications of their decision. Especially being stupid and having sex.
My thoughts, exactly. Pay for it yourself, and live with the moral and ethical consequences of killing another. People kill other people. Happens every day. Nothing will ever stop that.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Who can sew what up? Are you suggesting women should sew their vaginal openings shut as a means of preventing pregnancy?
Would that be more horrific than killing babies ? Is that where you are going ?

Old 05-27-2019, 09:13 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Would that be more horrific than killing babies ? Is that where you are going ?
Having had an abortion, yes, I do think that having my vagina sewn shut would be a million times More horrific.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:27 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
How about free birth control?

Interesting that you choose what most would consider the lowliest form of transportation. Does that reflect your opinion of women?
Only the ones that would expect others to pay for their birth control...

Old 05-27-2019, 09:31 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think the OP referring to giving women free bus tickets to travel to another state if they want an abortion.

Women in Ireland would often get the ferry or plane to Liverpool to have an abortion and it became known as the Liverpool-Ireland abortion corridor.

Womens groups in Liverpool have historically offered accommodation and other support to women travelling from Ireland seeking abortions and Liverpool Women’s Hospital is the only health provider directly referenced in political debates on Irish women’s right to abortion. Over 5,000 Irish women travel to Liverpool to have abortions every year.

Travelling from Ireland | Marie Stopes UK

The heartbreaking stories of Irish women forced to travel to Liverpool for an abortion - Liverpool Echo

That's what I figured. Basically the equivalent of "Delta's Ready When You Are."

It's an awfully insensitive opinion to hold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies