Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 02:27 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the man who tweeted a fake trump quote is a foreign affairs correspondent and an editor-at-large for Time magazine.

talk about fake news? ya can't trust any reporter and any publication these days. liars, fabricators.
Yah and we sure can't trust anything tweeted out by President Twitter or anything that comes out of his mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 02:31 PM

26,124 posts, read 14,767,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Obviously, this is bad and the guy who circulated this should apologize and even face consequences by his employer if he did it intentionally.

As for libel laws: That's fine, but let's also tighten them when Trump and people like you shop around faked Pelosi vids. I noticed crickets from him when that happened.

Hmmm let me guess..the enhanced libel laws would only kick in if it's someone outside of Trump's core base..
Please show me a single post where I shopped around a fake Pelosi video.

You don't have to lie to make your point.

I will gladly say Trump lies as I have said numerous times in the past. I want you and others to call Trump out when he lies. You seem to be saying that it is okay to lie about Trump, because Trump lies. You are fine with professors of universities with esteem purposefully inventing fake news? Do you recognize the dangerous slippery slope you are setting. I can lie about Obama then, right? He lied too!

Last edited by michiganmoon; 05-27-2019 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-27-2019, 02:32 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
Well, it was silly of him to make it seem like a direct quote. He could have just quoted what Trump ACTUALLY did say, which is pretty much the same thing and equally ridiculous and offensive anyway.

Quote:
“Kim Jong Un made a statement that Joe Biden is a low-I.Q. individual. He probably is, based on his record. I think I agree with him on that,” Trump told reporters during a joint news conference with Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, according to a transcript provided by the White House.
https://people.com/politics/donald-t...-biden-insult/

Old 05-27-2019, 02:48 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,281,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Well, it was silly of him to make it seem like a direct quote.
ian Bremmer is a time magazine editor-at-large and foreign affairs correspondent.

Bremmer's. Quote. Was. Literally. Fake. News.

every liberal blue checked Twitter **** ass-u-med it was true and retweeted it with venom (cue Ana Navarro et. al).

no one asked Bremmer to verify. No one.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-27-2019 at 03:29 PM..

Old 05-27-2019, 02:55 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
ian Bremmer is a time magazine editor-at-large and foreign affairs correspondent.

Bremmer's. Quote. Was. Literally. Fake. News.
And do you get so worked up about the massive amount of Fake. News. that routinely comes out of Trump's mouth?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

As I said, Bremmer shouldn't have made it seem like a direct quote but the reality is that it was barely an exaggeration of what Trump actually said, in which he said he agreed with Kim for his criticism of Biden.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:43 PM

30,120 posts, read 23,499,354 times
It is absolutely fascinating how very little the left knows.

Ian Bremmer is not "some professor somewhere", he's an editor at large at Time magazine, for one. He is also an author of a number of books, as well as being a professor at NYU.

The fact that some people have no clue who people are doesn't mean that the person isn't well known, and doesn't play politics - especially this guy - he's a political scientist for cripes sake.

"Some professor somewhere..."

No wonder so many are easily led to their slaughter. They don't have a clue what is going on and who is doing it.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:49 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,016,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump puts out more lies and misinformation than any president in history and you start a thread because some professor somewhere made a false tweet.

You can't make this up.
Unbelievable right? Dunning-Kruger Effect at work again?

Old 05-27-2019, 03:50 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,016,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yah and we sure can't trust anything tweeted out by President Twitter or anything that comes out of his mouth.
President Twitler

Old 05-27-2019, 04:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,439,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Apparently the left doesn't have enough material so a professor invented a Trump quote that some news figures and politicians picked up and ran with.

Professor Ian Bremmer of New York University tweeted a quote with quotations from Trump stating that "Kim Jong Un is smarter and would make a better President than Sleepy Joe Biden." It was fake news, but some politicians and a guy at CNN ran with it.

Trump is using this as an opportunity to ask for tougher libel laws.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Trump, the POTUS, tweets a link to a fake tape that claims Pelosi is drunk and/or demonstrating dementia. And it’s no big dead.

Someone attributes a fake tweet to Trump and it’s the end of the world.

Why are grown men behaving like tweens on social media?

Old 05-27-2019, 04:43 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,555,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Please show me a single post where I shopped around a fake Pelosi video.

You don't have to lie to make your point.

I will gladly say Trump lies as I have said numerous times in the past. I want you and others to call Trump out when he lies. You seem to be saying that it is okay to lie about Trump, because Trump lies. You are fine with professors of universities with esteem purposefully inventing fake news? Do you recognize the dangerous slippery slope you are setting. I can lie about Obama then, right? He lied too!
Why are people calling the Pelosi video fake? It is Pelosi in the video? right? Those are her words..right? That does not mean its "fake", any more than instant replays during NFL games are fake..just slowed down for emphasis..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies