Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 06:33 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have a major issue with Republicans who do this.

An example would be the Chick-Fil-A law in Texas.

If San Antonio wants to keep CFA out of their airport, that's San Antonio's choice and not for the rest of Texas to decide.

Since when is an international airport the purview of someone's flaky-ass city council?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Netflix says it will rethink its investment in Georgia if ‘heartbeat’ abortion law goes into effect
Glad to see Netflix standing up for women's rights .
I'm sure another pro choice state would happily take their business
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/28/netf...aw-stands.html
Is Netflix really so eager to lose half of their paying customers? Any business taking sides on politics is stupid and shows very poor judgment.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 05-28-2019 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: CURSE YOU TYPOS!!!

Old 05-28-2019, 06:41 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So you are in favor of Congress enacting laws to punish Netflix?
As I recall it was Netfix's decision to wade into the vile cesspool of America's political affairs.

Netflix would like to economically batter and bruise the good people of Georgia because they have a political disagreement with them, but two can play that game.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:51 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Since when is an international airport the purview of someone's flaky-ass city council?
Well, seeing as how the airport is owned by the City of San Antonio, the City Council might have some say in what goes on there.

Granted...there is ne'er the brain surgeon nor rocket scientist to be found on the San Antonio City Council. Most of them, in fact, are city councilmen primarily because nobody else will hire them, on account of their severe mental deficits.

But...as stupid as the lot of them collectively are, they still get to call the shots at the San Antonio International Airport.

As stupid as any such decisions may be. And, boy...was the Chick-fil-A decision ever stupid.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:09 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Congress can enact laws to make Netflix pay extra taxes or make them conform to campaign finance regulations. I'm sure stock-holders won't mind reduced profits as Netflix spends $Millions extra for compliance.
How would campaign finance relate to a decision not to do business in a particular state. They are not contributing to anyone's campaign, just deciding not to do business in Georgia due to the laws Georgia is passing.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:12 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
As I recall it was Netfix's decision to wade into the vile cesspool of America's political affairs.

Netflix would like to economically batter and bruise the good people of Georgia because they have a political disagreement with them, but two can play that game.
It is free choice if a business does not want to make movies in a particular state. Their reasons don't have to be to your liking.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:13 PM

623 posts, read 233,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Glad to see Netflix standing up for women's rights .
I'm sure another pro choice state would happily take their business
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/28/netf...aw-stands.html
Bye! I stopped by subscription when they hooked up with Hussein Obama. They can go support murdering babies in another state.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:15 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Bye! I stopped by subscription when they hooked up with Hussein Obama. They can go support murdering babies in another state.
Sure you did

Old 05-28-2019, 09:17 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:

Netflix will gain supporters too--those of us who care about a woman's choice. I applaud them for having the guts to stand up for what they believe in.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:20 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Netflix isn't going anywhere. But, if they do, its their choice. I'll vote with my wallet, too, if it comes down to it. Most companies have been wise to stay out of the abortion debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies