Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 06:54 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I've read about the abortion debate. Kudos.
Standard opperating procedure for the Left. Once again you have no intelligent response, so act like a child and toss around some childish insults. That'll show me!!

C'mon, call me a poopy head. Say I'm a jerk-face. You know you want to. I'm sure it'll make you really feel that deep down moral superiority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 07:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The last abortion clinic in Missouri is set to close on Friday when its license expires:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...inic-shut.html

The State is reviewing the license application but only two of the eight doctors are cooperating. Looks like the State could be left with no abortion clinics.
God works in mysterious ways.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:51 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Will they keep a couple open for future tourists, like Auschwitz and Treblinka?

Old 05-28-2019, 07:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You mean the good old days when women had back alley abortions or self aborted with coat hangers? Or the good old days with no birth control and high rates of maternal and infant death? Yeah, those days were “great”.
sarcasm was lost on your (possible) hyperventilating it seems.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:04 PM

I'm personally always interested in the facts ...

Quote:
A total of 2,910 abortions occurred in 2018 in Missouri, according to provisional data provided by the state health department. That includes 433 abortions at eight weeks of pregnancy and 267 at six weeks or earlier.
it would be nice to know at what other intervals they took data. before the state passed their 8-weeks abortion restriction bill (May 15), here's what happened

Quote:
According to a lawsuit filed by Planned Parenthood on Tuesday to try to ensure continued abortion services in St. Louis, the state health department visited the clinic in April to investigate a patient complaint.

Planned Parenthood says the agency hasn't specified the complaint, but said its subsequent "investigation has identified a large number of potential deficient practices requiring explanation by the physicians directly involved in patient care, as well as the attending physicians."
Quote:
The lawsuit says the state wanted to interview seven physicians, including medical fellows who no longer provide care at the clinic. It says two staff doctors agreed but the others did not, and Planned Parenthood can't compel them because they're not staff.
it's interesting that in 60 days or less, the clinic can't get the physician fellows - and other docs - to talk to the health agency.

It's telling that the article paints an obviously misleading narrative about clinic proximity, like this ...

Quote:
If the St. Louis clinic no longer can provide abortions, the nearest clinics performing abortions are in a Kansas suburb of Kansas City and in Granite City, Illinois, just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis. The Kansas clinic is about 260 miles (420 kilometers) from St. Louis.
the Granite CIty clinic is 30 minutes or less away.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:12 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Quote:
You mean the good old days when women had back alley abortions or self aborted with coat hangers? Or the good old days with no birth control and high rates of maternal and infant death? Yeah, those days were “great”.

Or the good old days where sex wasn't considered sport? An activity to be pursued out of drunkenness or boredom?

Here's a very simple fix to unwanted pregnancies; don't let some clown bone you raw and send a nut flying into you. Men, send it elsewhere. The easiest fix of all is stop with all the sex. I get it, it feels good. I enjoy it. I also don't run around popping a nut in every axe wound I come across, no pun intended. Whatever happened to the whole "No glove, no love", or "Don't be a fool, wrap your tool"? A smidgen of responsibility would eliminate a whole helluva lot of abortions.

I don't have an answer to getting rid of abortions but personal responsibility goes a long, long way. I will also admit that I haven't studied specifics of who gets abortions, married, single, etc.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:31 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Or the good old days where sex wasn't considered sport? An activity to be pursued out of drunkenness or boredom?

Here's a very simple fix to unwanted pregnancies; don't let some clown bone you raw and send a nut flying into you. Men, send it elsewhere. The easiest fix of all is stop with all the sex. I get it, it feels good. I enjoy it. I also don't run around popping a nut in every axe wound I come across, no pun intended. Whatever happened to the whole "No glove, no love", or "Don't be a fool, wrap your tool"? A smidgen of responsibility would eliminate a whole helluva lot of abortions.

I don't have an answer to getting rid of abortions but personal responsibility goes a long, long way. I will also admit that I haven't studied specifics of who gets abortions, married, single, etc.
Sex outside of marriage has been around forever. That’s not going to change. If states are serious about reducing abortion then they need to provide sex education that focuses on more than abstinence, make birth control easily available and free for those with financial need. But that would cost money and it’s much easier to just shame women for having sex.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Sex outside of marriage has been around forever. That’s not going to change. If states are serious about reducing abortion then they need to provide sex education that focuses on more than abstinence, make birth control easily available and free for those with financial need. But that would cost money and it’s much easier to just shame women for having sex.
Imagine if Planned Parenthood put their "advocacy" (aka lobbying) money into birth control. Or pre-pregnancy counseling.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:36 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

the Granite CIty clinic is 30 minutes or less away.
Yeah,funny how they forget to mention that....

As a practical matter if the only abortion clinic in MO is in St.Louis and it closes it changes nothing.If you can get to St.Louis you can just as easily drive across a bridge to Illinois.

If it was centrally located in the state I could see where there would be a real concern but as a practical matter its merely symbolic.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:38 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Sex outside of marriage has been around forever.
And married women also terminate pregnancies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies