Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:23 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Until science can change DNA, a dude going to be a dude, and gal is going to be a gal, and no amount dressing, chopping, nor implanting will ever ever change this.
Wrong.

Science can give a dozens ways in which intersex can not only occur but in which the sex chromosomes mismatch the phenotype of the biological sex. Not only that but it has also identified ways in which people can change from one sex to another naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 07:26 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Wrong.

Science can give a dozens ways in which intersex can not only occur but in which the sex chromosomes mismatch the phenotype of the biological sex. Not only that but it has also identified ways in which people can change from one sex to another naturally.
My understanding of science is lacking, but it is my understanding that outside of being intersexed or having such a condition, one cannot truly get a 100% gender-/sex-bend except in fiction/fantasy.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:28 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
"The term the World Health Organization uses to describe transgender people -- "gender incongruence" -- is being moved to the panel's sexual health chapter from its mental disorders chapter, the WHO's legislative body has voted."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/healt...der/index.html

Calling a rose a dog does not make it so.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 PM

15,528 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What’s that agenda, to make you guys gay?
Transgender is not Gay, totally different.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:33 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
My understanding of science is lacking, but it is my understanding that outside of being intersexed or having such a condition, one cannot truly get a 100% gender-/sex-bend except in fiction/fantasy.
You would be wrong. Alpha 5 reductace mutation results in not enough testosterone for a fetus (which starts out female) to turn male despite the XY chromosomes. So infant arrives fully externally female. When that second flush of testosterone occurs (usually during puberty) most of those with this single point mutation become fully, functional physically male (many if not most go on to get married and have children).

An uncommon genetic condition to be sure, but biologically fascinating. Especially since despite a lack of genetic testing most of the children with this condition know they are boys despite not being physically male.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Transgender is not Gay, totally different.
Fine, is it to make you transgender?

Old 05-28-2019, 07:45 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
You would be wrong. Alpha 5 reductace mutation results in not enough testosterone for a fetus (which starts out female) to turn male despite the XY chromosomes. So infant arrives fully externally female. When that second flush of testosterone occurs (usually during puberty) most of those with this single point mutation become fully, functional physically male (many if not most go on to get married and have children).

An uncommon genetic condition to be sure, but biologically fascinating. Especially since despite a lack of genetic testing most of the children with this condition know they are boys despite not being physically male.
That Alpha-5 thing is an intersexed condition. From what I understand about intersexed people is that they will always be both sexes somehow even if they look more masculine or more feminine. So, outside of an intersexed condition making a person more masculine or feminine looking, I don't buy the gender-bending thing happening in real life. By this, I mean me (a White man) turning into a White woman and every trace of my "manly cells and manly organs" has vanished to where I am 100% woman mentally and physically.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Good. It's about time.
I have several transgender friends and they are really good people. If anyone is ill it is me, because sometimes I still feel uncomfortable around them. Not if they visit my home or I am in theirs. The public places can bother me and that is 100% on me.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Wrong.

There is zero genetic predisposition to a man wanting to be a woman via wearing dresses, wearing cosmetics, breast implants, basically engaging in every stereotypical trait of a woman, traits that are not genetic in any way.

These people are mentally ill, a man is not a woman and vice versa, no amount of cutting, implanting, etc, will ever change that.

They can call themselves anything they want, but what they are not is a man/woman.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:39 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
So political organizations are now voting to decide what is an illness? I suppose those with depression, agoraphobia, necrophilia and pedophiles are not "ill" either-just making different lifestyle choices, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies