Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 09:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Again, why is nancy not screaming impeachment if Mueller laid out a 100% factual document? It should be very very easy.....yes?
If she did, would you agree with her? I am guessing no, you are using this as an excuse.

I appreciate the measured and cautious approach. If we can investigate these alleged crimes without impeachment hearings and also continue to pursue legislation to help the people of this great land, then that is the approach I would recommend.

However, many people in the executive branch are refusing to comply with subpoenas, and they should also be held to account. Refusing to comply is a crime, and they know it. This is a stalling tactic hoping to run out the clock. We may have to start an impeachment inquiry soon, and that could lead to impeachment hearings and that could lead to a trial in the senate. This is serious business.

It is vitally important in a republic that the general public be informed, and the Trump administration is taking the approach that the public should not be informed. This is a form of manipulation, he is lying not only to me, but to you as well.

But you already knew this. You already know he is guilty and you don't care, and that makes you comfortable with the cover-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 09:40 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If she did, would you agree with her? I am guessing no, you are using this as an excuse.

I appreciate the measured and cautious approach. If we can investigate these alleged crimes without impeachment hearings and also continue to pursue legislation to help the people of this great land, then that is the approach I would recommend.

However, many people in the executive branch are refusing to comply with subpoenas, and they should also be held to account. Refusing to comply is a crime, and they know it. This is a stalling tactic hoping to run out the clock. We may have to start an impeachment inquiry soon, and that could lead to impeachment hearings and that could lead to a trial in the senate. This is serious business.

It is vitally important in a republic that the general public be informed, and the Trump administration is taking the approach that the public should not be informed. This is a form of manipulation, he is lying not only to me, but to you as well.

But you already knew this. You already know he is guilty and you don't care, and that makes you comfortable with the cover-up.

I've said many times, let the chips fall where they may....if they go down...they go down...

LOL, guilty of what.....and it's obvious you don't care there is nothing there....again, if there is a "there - there" then it should be a no brainer for nancy....

Why should there be a cautious and measured approach, if it's extremely clearly laid out as you say it is in the Mueller report.....there should be nothing other than to run forward with impeachment....

Old 06-10-2019, 09:43 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
I've said many times, let the chips fall where they may....if they go down...they go down...

LOL, guilty of what.....and it's obvious you don't care there is nothing there....again, if there is a "there - there" then it should be a no brainer for nancy....

Why should there be a cautious and measured approach, if it's extremely clearly laid out as you say it is in the Mueller report.....there should be nothing other than to run forward with impeachment....
gutless wonders. They have the report they've been waiting for. Two years of investigations by our nations #1 investigator and 40 top FBI agents. Start the impeachment hearings!

Old 06-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Congress still has legislation pending, and they can pursue a lot of the groundwork investigating without an impeachment inquiry while working on legislation as well. The more they do now in a comprehensive way, the less that will need being done later if it is decided necessary to impeach. It can go quickly later if they lay out the basic groundwork now. This is an information gathering stage, the Mueller report generated not only facts but more questions.

The congress has the right to follow up on every issue surrounding the crimes of the Russians and the cover-up of the administration, plus the motives for the cover-ups. With Trump commanding his subordinates not to cooperate it can be like going in with one boot off, and each of these new acts of obstruction will also merit an investigation and testimony. If they feel they need more time I say they should have more time, and do it right.

Measure twice-cut once.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Congress still has legislation pending, and they can pursue a lot of the groundwork investigating without an impeachment inquiry while working on legislation as well. The more they do now in a comprehensive way, the less that will need being done later if it is decided necessary to impeach. It can go quickly later if they lay out the basic groundwork now. This is an information gathering stage, the Mueller report generated not only facts but more questions.

The congress has the right to follow up on every issue surrounding the crimes of the Russians and the cover-up of the administration, plus the motives for the cover-ups. With Trump commanding his subordinates not to cooperate it can be like going in with one boot off, and each of these new acts of obstruction will also merit an investigation and testimony. If they feel they need more time I say they should have more time, and do it right.

Measure twice-cut once.

Translation, Mueller could not find anything, so we have to keep looking until we do....something has to be there...SOMETHING..................

Sad....

Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:

Measure twice-cut once.
Fortunately the DOJ is now cooperating and is supposed to turn over its evidence used in the Mueller report.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Translation, Mueller could not find anything, so we have to keep looking until we do....something has to be there...SOMETHING..................

Sad....
I find it odd, and quite sad, that you fall back on this old unjustifiable canard. I had thought you were one of the more credible posters here, but it's seems like you are just pushing the false narrative. I have to wonder why.

The plain and simple truth is that there is so much malfeasance already known of it can not be ignored.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I find it odd, and quite sad, that you fall back on this old unjustifiable canard. I had thought you were one of the more credible posters here, but it's seems like you are just pushing the false narrative. I have to wonder why.

The plain and simple truth is that there is so much malfeasance already known of it can not be ignored.

Think about this....2+ years the FBI, 19 lawyers, who knows how many other agents were used, 2 of the top lawmen in the United States, and they came up short of pushing the threshold of finding a crime....

Now, you really think that congress....is going to find something that all those people could not, somehow piece it together that all these agents could not do after 2 years?

Sit back and think about that....maybe even ponder that a while....

Now, you can say, many are lawyers...when was the last time they were in a court room...

Old 06-10-2019, 12:13 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Actually, I can read.

Not sure why you find reading the actual report so daunting, but perhaps this summary with excerpts from the actual report might help.

If this proves too challenging, perhaps a colleague might be willing to read and explain it to you.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ustice-summary
Of course, it doesn't help.

Those are alleged facts. There is nothing about any crime in that article. No mention of any criminal statute, and no mention of how any fact relates to any statute.

You can't even ALLEGE an obstruction crime. You lose.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:42 PM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Think about this....2+ years the FBI, 19 lawyers, who knows how many other agents were used, 2 of the top lawmen in the United States, and they came up short of pushing the threshold of finding a crime....

Now, you really think that congress....is going to find something that all those people could not, somehow piece it together that all these agents could not do after 2 years?

Sit back and think about that....maybe even ponder that a while....

Now, you can say, many are lawyers...when was the last time they were in a court room...
the average age of Congressional employees is 31. Basically about 5 people in the office making in the low 6 figures, the rest making cooley wages less than 40K a year. They have no real investigators, it looks like a college campus of people in their 20's scraping by. Most leave within a couple years and look for better jobs.

They couldn't find a fat man in a phone booth.
Long hours, stressful work environments, and low-pay make the turnover rate among Congressional staffers extremely high.

Turnover is so high, in fact, that 46%of staffers would look for a new job within a year due to a “desire to earn more money,” according to a study cited by The Hill. That’s understandable considering that the median pay for staff assistants—the most common position in the House’s workforce—is $30,000 per year, according to The Washington Times.

http://time.com/3105933/congress-staff-pay/

Last edited by skeddy; 06-10-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies