Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I have total respect for Bob Mueller, but one thing bothers me a little. Why was he hesitant to testify as to what he found in that almost two year investigation ? I mean, he was hired to do a job, did it, and yet he was reluctant to discuss it in person.

Being as experienced and as dedicated as he is, I am sure there has to be some reason, but I really don't get it.
Mueller is an honorable man, a constitutionalist. An American's American. There was not a biased bone in his body when it came to performing his duties as Special Counsel.

That said, I think he didn't want to be dragged in to testify about the report, because both sides, dems and repubs, will try to politicize him. Mueller did not want that at all.

Unfortunately for him, and I truly do feel badly for Mueller, with a situation of this magnitude, it was inevitable that him submitting his report would be the end of his involvement. Because Trump and Barr have done everything they can to spin and slant this in Trump's favor. I'm tired of hearing from biased individuals and people put their own interpretation on the report. I want to hear from the man who actually wrote the report. I think even Trump supporters, if they claim to love America, would agree that is a reasonable request.

There is one question that dems, if worded properly, could change the course of history. Something like: "If it were not for your belief that a sitting president cannot be indicted, would you have indicted Trump, or suggested that Congress indict him, for obstruction of justice?"

The answer to that question could be devastating for Trump, as it will probably push dems to impeach, and it will deal a heavy blow to Trump's reelection chances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
I have total respect for Bob Mueller, but one thing bothers me a little. Why was he hesitant to testify as to what he found in that almost two year investigation ? I mean, he was hired to do a job, did it, and yet he was reluctant to discuss it in person.

Being as experienced and as dedicated as he is, I am sure there has to be some reason, but I really don't get it.
Bob Mueller has always despised having to speak in public, and he has always shunned publicity. After he made his statement on 9/11, he clammed up and we rarely heard from him again.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:18 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:

Because he wrote a report and it has been publicly available. What more do you want from him?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:19 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Mueller is an honorable man, a constitutionalist. An American's American. There was not a biased bone in his body when it came to performing his duties as Special Counsel.

That said, I think he didn't want to be dragged in to testify about the report, because both sides, dems and repubs, will try to politicize him. Mueller did not want that at all.

Unfortunately for him, and I truly do feel badly for Mueller, with a situation of this magnitude, it was inevitable that him submitting his report would be the end of his involvement. Because Trump and Barr have done everything they can to spin and slant this in Trump's favor. I'm tired of hearing from biased individuals and people put their own interpretation on the report. I want to hear from the man who actually wrote the report. I think even Trump supporters, if they claim to love America, would agree that is a reasonable request.

There is one question that dems, if worded properly, could change the course of history. Something like: "If it were not for your belief that a sitting president cannot be indicted, would you have indicted Trump, or suggested that Congress indict him, for obstruction of justice?"

The answer to that question could be devastating for Trump, as it will probably push dems to impeach, and it will deal a heavy blow to Trump's reelection chances.
He already answered it. It was no.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mueller can’t say anything different than what is in the report otherwise he will face perjury charges

So ok
What if what trump is saying conflicts with the Mueller report?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 AM

We have to remember that Mueller went out of his way to state that this report does NOT exonerate President Trump.

Very convenient that most Trump supporters around here won't speak on that.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What if what trump is saying conflicts with the Mueller report?
Good one

I doubt you get an honest response LOL

Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
We have to remember that Mueller went out of his way to state that this report does NOT exonerate President Trump.

Very convenient that most Trump supporters around here won't speak on that.
Probably because they don’t know the definition of exonerate

Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:

A bunch of accusations, with no one there to defend it.
Due Process, gone aerie.
Muller could wind up with defamation lawsuits and perjury indictments....
Did Nadler call him into a trap?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Dems jump for joy

I remember back when they celebrated that Hope Hicks was going to co-operate.
Nuthin...?

But cheer up Dems! Ya got him for sure, this time!
I can hardly wait until a Republican asks Mueller when he knew there was no case....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies