Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2019, 08:52 AM

51,998 posts, read 52,442,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He cannot answer any questions about the report, or risk perjury.
He can however answer questions the Republicans will have.
Authority
Conflicts
Knowledge
Weissmann
Strzok
Page
Withholding exculpatory evidence?
I suppose so. I was thinking more about the report directly, not all of the surrounding stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 08:57 AM

13,829 posts, read 5,552,985 times
How is talking about something that has been openly published going to be some new groundbreaking gotcha moment for Trump?

The entire report, minus like a dozen redacted lines, is available to anyone with an Internet connection. His "testimony" won't reveal anything not already known.

Unless they are specifically trying to get him in caught in a perjury/obstruction trap, nothing else could really come of this non-event.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,516,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
How is talking about something that has been openly published going to be some new groundbreaking gotcha moment for Trump?

The entire report, minus like a dozen redacted lines, is available to anyone with an Internet connection. His "testimony" won't reveal anything not already known.

Unless they are specifically trying to get him in caught in a perjury/obstruction trap, nothing else could really come of this non-event.
So two years of drumming up Russia is a waste?

Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 AM

16,169 posts, read 10,314,754 times
The Dems should just let this go. I for one am concerned that there was obviously evidence of obstruction by Trump as Mueller clearly showed, evidence Trump supporters apparently do not care about. I happen to believe the President is not above the law and yeah that was an important finding, his base does not appear to be concerned that our President may have broken the law and that is so wrong.

But that was not enough to impeach and testimony from Mueller will not reveal anything new.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:31 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,491,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
HAHA very funny.
Its the OPPOSITE of damning-
7th November 2016 = 43.6
18th September 2018 = 40.2
25th June 2019 = 44.2
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
Do you really think that is something to brag about? He has never reached 50%.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:35 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,516,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The Dems should just let this go. I for one am concerned that there was obviously evidence of obstruction by Trump as Mueller clearly showed, evidence Trump supporters apparently do not care about. I happen to believe the President is not above the law and yeah that was an important finding, his base does not appear to be concerned that our President may have broken the law and that is so wrong.

But that was not enough to impeach and testimony from Mueller will not reveal anything new.
Do you even know what obstruction of justice is?

Is there’s no underlying crime, it’s not obstruction. The law is very clear on this.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,483,808 times
Graham: Mueller Testifying to Congress Will Blow Up in Dems' Face

SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM (R-SC): Bottom line is, after all of your looking and all the time you had and all the money you spent, did Trump collude with the Russians? No. Do you stand by your report? Yes.

It is case closed for me. They can do anything they want to in the House, and I think it will blow up in their face. It will blow up in their face. This will blow up in their face. The conclusions can't change, there is no collusion, that's what the whole thing was about to begin with.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM

669 posts, read 318,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

You realize the risks to the Democrats are questions regarding Weissman, the Dossier not being verified but using that as the basis of your investigation, the DNC server that wasn't examined directly by US Authorities but taking it at the DNC's word of some security firm that is a DNC connected. There are much more risks to to the Dems on this. And Mueller issued a joint statement with Barr after that press conference, so if he contradicts again, he's putting himself in jeopardy.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,483,808 times
Dershowitz: Democrats Will Regret Mueller Testimony, "Shooting Themselves In The Foot"

Alan Dershowitz weighs in on former special counsel Robert Mueller's decision to testify in front of House Intelligence and Judiciary committees.
ALAN DERSHOWITZ: Nobody can defy a subpoena, but you can respond to the subpoena and then refused to answer questions based on the traditions of the Justice Department, based on grand jury material, based on an ongoing investigation, based on a range of possible defenses. but he can't refuse to answer questions about the FISA application.
Those are the kind of questions that I think Republicans will be very well prepared to ask. Those are the kind of questions which are currently under investigation by the inspector general whose report we are waiting for. But those are not in any way precluded. So I think that they will regret having called him.

Look, I'm a liberal Democrat and I'm on the Democrat side.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:13 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,708,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Do you even know what obstruction of justice is?

Is there’s no underlying crime, it’s not obstruction. The law is very clear on this.
In the words of Bob Mueller

Quote:
Quote:
If we had had confidence that the president had not committed a crime, we would have said so,” he said, elaborating on the obstruction of justice portion of his investigation. Mueller emphasized that, “charging the president with a crime was not an option we could consider,” because Department of Justice policy deems such a move unconstitutional. He said he would not testify in front of Congress, calling the report he completed this Spring, “my testimony.
Quote:
"That is also a reason we investigated efforts to obstruct the investigation. The matters we investigated were of paramount importance. It was critical for us to obtain full and accurate information from every person we questioned. When a subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators, it strikes at the core of the government’s effort to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable.
We need a little bit more clarity on that. This is a risk for the Democrats but I dont think the vast majority of the American public even read the 400 plus page of the Mueller report, now they will here it in Mueller's own words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies