Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2019, 02:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

I heard Mueller made another statement today to clarify his statement yesterday which was written for him. Did he contradict what he said? What happened?

I've been running around doing errands all day, getting up at the crack of dawn, and I'm exhausted so going to take a nap now!

I'll check back later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 02:50 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, remember Hope & Change? Then nothing changed?

All that is simply political poetry and theater, telling the people what they want to hear and more of the same, joining the good ole boys club and getting nothing done.

Gaslighting lol, did it ever occur to you that it is not gas lighting but in fact the way Dems are acting and the hatred is truly crazy? Do you actually think Democrats don't look nuts? Really?

I used to watch Morning Joe and after the election the vile, over the top hatred was so gross that I stopped watching. I could go on and on.
I loved Obama. He was such a class act. Didn't like a lot of his foreign policy though. At least he was intelligent and didn't throw temper tantrums. Can you imagine what he wouldn't have gotten done had he stayed on Twitter combating those who were birthers? And thanks to him, I've been covered under the ACA for years.

Gaslighting is when you say something and then say you didn't say it. Trump has done that numerous times. He would be reported on tape as saying a certain thing, and then when confronted he would say he hadn't said it. So yes, he gaslights.

I haven't seen Morning Joe in years. I don't get MSNBC.

Unless the Dems can come up with a really good candidate, I think Trump will take 2020.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:53 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes it was abhorrent. I would think that if you have to cheat to get the nomination you aren't a strong candidate. So is it possible if she was willing to do that to Bernie she wasn't capable to do something to Trump?
As I've said so many times, if there is an investigation and something about her comes out, then so be it. I have no problem with that. So far I'm not aware of anything though.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Hillary was a terrible candidate. I voted for Bernie and what the DNC did to him was abhorrent.
Yes it was abhorrent. If you have to cheat to get the nomination you aren't a strong candidate. Being that she wasn't a strong candidate for even the nomination she was capable to do something to Trump? The media was in on it too.

MSNBC host Chris Matthews spoke into the camera during his Monday night "Hardball" and told Hillary Clinton, "we'll get you in there," regarding her bid for the presidency in 2016.
https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/chri.../26/id/492072/

Last edited by petch751; 05-31-2019 at 03:11 PM..

Old 05-31-2019, 03:11 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard Mueller made another statement today to clarify his statement yesterday which was written for him. Did he contradict what he said? What happened?
I've been running around doing errands all day, getting up at the crack of dawn, and I'm exhausted so going to take a nap now!
I'll check back later!
No he did not make a statement today, maybe you should get some rest.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
These freebies are generally for one day only, but the kindle version of The Mueller Report is free today for anyone interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Repor...CSJVKYF277R5R6

Old 05-31-2019, 03:25 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Hillary was a terrible candidate. I voted for Bernie and what the DNC did to him was abhorrent.
I'm in the same boat and was forced to vote for Hillary in the general. But many just couldn't do that and that's the only reason Trump won. He drew the '16 Cleveland Browns and his followers think that makes him the New England Patriots.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:45 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
He was looking at collusion and obstruction. Some people came out prematurely and called collusion, true. However, he was exonerated on obstruction.
Not according to Mr. Mueller's report.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Not according to Mr. Mueller's report.
Yea, he's just making sure Democrats panties keep all bunched up lol. I didn't hear him say guilty at anytime in his speech. Guilty before proven guilty?

Old 05-31-2019, 04:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
As I've said so many times, if there is an investigation and something about her comes out, then so be it. I have no problem with that. So far I'm not aware of anything though.
Something did come out.

It's in the Mueller Report on Page 20.

Mueller has this to say, "For example, at the time they were deactivated by Facebook in mid-2017, the IRA's 'United Muslims of America' Facebook group had over 300,000 followers, the 'Don't Shoot Us' Facebook group had over 250,000 followers, the 'Being Patriotic' Facebook group had over 200,000 followers, and the 'Secured Borders' Facebook group had over 130,000 followers."

Let us be absolutely crystal clear on the concept here:

1) the "United Muslims of America" Facebook group with 300,000+ followers was pro-Hillary.
2) the "Don't Shoot Us" Facebook group --Blacks being shot by White cops -- with 250,000+ followers was pro-Hillary.
3) the "Being Patriotic" Facebook group with 200,000+ followers was pro-Trump.
4) the "Secured Borders" Facebook group with 130,000+ followers was pro-Trump.

Who does not see a problem there?

Why would Trump collude with Russians and their pro-Hillary groups?

That makes no sense.

Also, there's absolutely no mention in the report of the claim by the "17 intelligence agencies" that voter registration databases in some States and counties were hacked, or as NBC morphed it into "election systems" being hacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies