Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 12:49 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times

Advertisements

"Guuuuurl..........you know I like to ruuuuun!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 01:07 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
So this is a born-as-woman but now IDs as a man-type person? Man up, guys!

Old 05-30-2019, 07:08 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Almost any male athlete can do steroids to get bigger/faster and it's cheating. Now they can enter women's events? Doesn't get anymore deeper into bizarro cheat world than that.

BTW when you stop doing steroids you lose a % of mass and strength but not very much.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:19 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Calling all men who want a free college education and to dominate your sport. Now is your chance to mop up against the female competition. A professional career in female sports awaits as long as you "self-identify" as a woman. Everyone should be doing it to call out this absurd trans agenda.

Article Link
Hooray for lunacy!

Liberal actions in the future will be viewed in entertainment media as "tales of the bizarre".

Old 05-30-2019, 07:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
When I watched that video, it just shows the tremendous athletic advantage that men have over women.

Side note: When I was a kid, I took tennis lessons with a guy in his early 20s (he won regional tennis tournaments but nowhere near the level needed for global competition) who knew Chris Evert when she was #1 in the country. I asked him if he every played with her, and he said many times - and then I asked if he was ever able to beat her. Surprise: he said that he USUALLY beat her. IOW, a no-name guy can beat the #1 woman in the world.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:30 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
So this is a born-as-woman but now IDs as a man-type person? Man up, guys!
Nooooo..... the opposite.
Quote:
As recently as January 2018, Telfer had been competing as an athlete for Franklin Pierce men’s team as Craig. Telfer finished eighth in a field of nine in the Men’s 400 meters at the Middlebury Winter Classic in Vermont.
By changing their name from Craig to CeCe this individual went from the second worst competitor in the school to the champ!!!!
Quote:
Franklin Pierce University senior Cece Telfer beat the eight-woman field in the Division II women’s 400-meter hurdles by more than a second, with a personal collegiate-best time of 57.53.
Quote:
In 2016 and 2017, Telfer ranked 200th and 390th, respectively, among DII men in the 400 hurdles (Telfer didn’t run outdoor track in 2018 as either a man or woman). Now she’s the national champion in the event simply because she switched her gender (Telfer’s coach told us that even though she competed on the men’s team her first three years, her gender fluidity was present from her freshman year).

The fact that Telfer can change her gender and immediately become a national champion is proof positive as to why women’s sports needs protection. Telfer ran slightly faster in the 400 hurdles competing as a man (57.34) than as a woman (57.53), even though the men’s hurdles are six inches taller than the women’s hurdles. Yet when Telfer ran 57.34 as a man, she didn’t even score at her conference meet — she was just 10th at the Northeast-10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships in 2016. Now she’s the national champion.
I feel especially bad for #2 and #4 in this competition, they were most impacted by this farce.

If this is the new normal there is no reason to have women’s sports.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:34 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Nooooo..... the opposite.

By changing their name from Craig to CeCe this individual went from the second worst competitor in the school to the champ!!!!

I feel especially bad for #2 and #4 in this competition, they were most impacted by this farce.

If this is the new normal there is no reason to have women’s sports.
What will happen is that women's sports will eventually be made up almost entirely of trans-women.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:36 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,863,256 times
Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer is taking karate classes with children and is proud of himself for kicking their asses.

20 years ago this kind of thing would have been sitcom material.

What’s happened to us??? People think it’s Trump that makes us look like a bunch of idiots?

Give me a break.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:48 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
She's fast. And she's wanting more attention from men... (1:35) "Listen... you don't know what's going on down there..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydeH-0EstiE
I competed in judo at the state level, karate at the state and national level, and adventure racing at the national level. I take this VERY personally, because I know what an important role sports played throughout my entire life. Going all the way back to being a 12 year old, shy, introverted, overweight, studious, lonely girl who found herself through martial arts.

This trend has long term repercussions for girls and women. Everything from self esteem and physical and mental health issues through participation, to team work principles, to representing your school and town at home and away. It has issues related to college scholarships, exposure to high level coaches, opportunities to compete at the national and international level, opportunities to compete at the Olympics, endorsements, speaking engagements, professional opportunities and so much more. I hate this trend. It has set girls and women back in this country more than I could even begin to describe.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:07 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Maybe there’s a way for LeBron to get 6 titles after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies