Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 04:00 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's not the case with most Christian Americans today. So I suggest you stop the stereotyping. I consider myself to be a Christian conservative and I don't advocate for any of those things you described above in regards to women. I am pro-life because I simply believe in the sanctity of life, period

I have no problem with birth control usage. But if you "can't feed em, don't breed em" by not having responsible sex. Just because we pro-lifers disagree with abortion doesn't mean we should have to support the kids of these irresponsible adults if they give birth to them either. Adopted them out to families who are willing to feed them then.
So once you've assured yourself they'll be born, healthy or not, in a good situation not, you're out of it. Then all of a sudden it's not your business what parents do. But prior to birth it is?

Old 06-02-2019, 04:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So once you've assured yourself they'll be born, healthy or not, in a good situation not, you're out of it. Then all of a sudden it's not your business what parents do. But prior to birth it is?
You've summed it up exactly.

It's easy to protect a fetus. They can't speak; they aren't starving or poor. They are someone else's responsibility.

Once the baby is expelled from the womb - the forced birthers no longer give a chit.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:26 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Your spinning like a wheel now. Give it up. I've explained it all to you in my prior posts.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:38 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
There are plenty of birth control options. This isn't the 1950's. Ever heard of adoptions?
Problem is that not all babies put up for adoption are going to be adopted. How many prolifers are going to adopt the babies? Not many.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
<snip>

but lets look at reality here, when a male and female have sex, there is ALWAYS the possibility the woman can get pregnant. you want to have sex? go ahead i wont stop you, but there are consequences for that action. and "getting rid" of the fetus is NOT taking responsibility for your actions. rather it is dodging the responsibility.

its like driving your car, you have to have insurance to that if you get into an accident that is your fault, the other person is not left holding the bag for repairs for damage you caused.

How about we force the men involved to have reversible vasectomies? Why is it only about the women?

Old 06-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Your spinning like a wheel now. Give it up. I've explained it all to you in my prior posts.
You've actually never addressed why you don't care about real babies once they're born but care very much about embryos.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I think it's good to have healthy discussions from both sides to keep things from going too far either way.

And in a diverse country like ours with individual state's rights on many issues, people can move to a place that fits their individual beliefs, if it's something they feel strong enough about.

Signed, the religious old forced birther who you must hope will die off soon
It isn't that easy for the poor to move to another state.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I think it's good to have healthy discussions from both sides to keep things from going too far either way.

And in a diverse country like ours with individual state's rights on many issues, people can move to a place that fits their individual beliefs, if it's something they feel strong enough about.

Signed, the religious old forced birther who you must hope will die off soon
You are aware there are also plenty of countries that believe as you do. Feel free to pick up and move to one of them.
Here's a list:
http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...on-is-illegal/

Old 06-02-2019, 07:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
How laughable! This made me choke on my beer!
People who want abortion banned want women convicted of abortions to go to prison for up to life, so why not think they would also want to ban fornication, including a prison sentence for violators?

Old 06-02-2019, 07:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It only punishes the very poor women who cannot afford traveling to another state.

I think banning abortion is pathetic. It won't solve any problems.
And women who can afford to travel would turn their states into abortion exporter states. Why do people who claim to be pro life want to bring such a sorry situation about, unless they have no shame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies