Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
My questions would be:

Why are women having sex with men who want to kill them?
Why are they in such horrible relationships?
What led up to the point that their basic self worth was compromised to the point that having sex with a man with such tendencies toward violence became a good idea?

See, the answer is always abortion. Right. Kill the baby, over and over and over. Just kill the baby.

Do you think the chance of being murdered would somehow disappear if she got an abortion?
That the man *suddenly* becomes loving and tender?
Really?
I’ll bite. My mother escaped a horrible home life at 14, by getting pregnant and running off with my father, who was 22. Turned out, that was going from the frying pot straight into the fire, but that’s the type that of choice a young teenager with no guidance makes. It wasn’t until he isolated her from her family that the abuse started. When she told her family of how viscously abusive he was toward her and her babies, they told her “You made your bed; lay in it.” If I had been aborted, I wouldn’t have known any different, but maybe she would have gotten away from him and had a shot at a decent life.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:31 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Then stop reading my posts. No one is forcing you to.

I tell people that so they know I will not be responding to them anymore. So if they want to waste their time continuing to ask me the same 5 questions over and over, it's on them.

If you actually asked an intelligent question, I might answer it. You haven't.
I'm going to try again. You may again say your reason for not answering is because my question is not "intelligent" enough for you, but I think it is an important question.

In a different thread, several days ago, you told me that you believe life is sacred from the moment of conception (maybe the word was not specifically "sacred," but you indicated it is more than just "life" in terms of a clump of growing cells. Sorry I don't remember the exact wording).
So I wanted to know how you reconcile that belief with the fact that IUDs act, and every hormonal BC can sometimes act, as an abortifacient, that is, to prevent implantation AFTER fertilization occurs.

I'll ask another question in a separate post, to keep replies clearer.

Last edited by kayanne; 06-09-2019 at 05:40 PM..

Old 06-09-2019, 05:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
These 2 threads should be merged.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ayor-last.html

Old 06-09-2019, 05:39 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Then stop reading my posts. No one is forcing you to.

I tell people that so they know I will not be responding to them anymore. So if they want to waste their time continuing to ask me the same 5 questions over and over, it's on them.

If you actually asked an intelligent question, I might answer it. You haven't.
And again, here is a question (actually four) that you did not consider "intelligent" enough to answer previously. Obviously I completely disagree with you about the quality of my questions, and I have to wonder what constitutes "intelligent discourse" in your opinion. My questions are not easy or shallow, and they show just how complex the issue of abortion is. They require a fair amount of intelligence to be discussed. So here is a complete copy/paste from what I asked you and oldglory in another thread:

I've posted numerous times in several different threads about abortion, but I have not seen any detailed discussion of the permanent physical changes to a woman's body after pregnancy and childbirth.

Face it, the human sex drive is natural and intense, for both men and women. But only men can fulfill this natural drive without risking his health to the potentially horrendous after-effects of pregnancy and childbirth. I had THREE HUNDRED stitches after the birth of my first child, and trust me, things "down there" have never been quite the same. Some women deal with lifelong urinary leakage due to muscle and nerve damage that affects bladder control. Gestational diabetes occurs in about 10% of pregnant women, and this turns into Type 2 diabetes for about half of those women. About 6% of pregnant women develop pre-eclampsia, which is very serious and can be fatal. Less deadly (but still potentially serious) effects include varicose veins, hemorrhoids, loss of teeth, permanent separation of the abdominal muscles, and permanently wider hips including joint issues there. Cosmetic changes include skin discoloration, permanently larger feet, and permanent change in body shape particularly abdomen and breasts.

But most significantly, 700 women in the US, and over 300,000 women worldwide, DIE EVERY YEAR due to pregnancy and childbirth.

Men and women both have a natural sex drive, but only WOMEN have to take on all of these risks I've mentioned. And as I posted earlier, with an average 5% failure rate (which is the rate oldglory mentioned in a post) close to 2 million women in the US alone become pregnant every year despite using BC. Do you think it's closer to a 1% failure rate? Ok, that's still 40,000 unintended pregnancies every year in the US alone.

So I would like to ask every anti-abortion poster here 4 questions, and I hope even half of you have the guts and the honesty to answer them.
1. What do you think is an acceptable solution to the problems I have raised in this post?
2. Should every woman unwilling to risk her health or life for pregnancy and child birth refuse to ever have sex?
3. Should these women's husbands or SO's employ the services of a prostitute or mistress, or should these men also live without sex?
4. Or is part of being a woman on this planet a forced acceptance of the health risks of pregnancy and child birth?

Old 06-09-2019, 05:54 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
I did not say you said that, stop knee jerk reacting and looking to be annoyed.

MY POINT: If pro abortioners are so peachy keen on abortion, they DO NOT CARE how many abortions there are.
And if abortion is murder, wanting an abortion = wanting to murder a baby.

Would you trust a wannabe baby killer to have and care for children?

If someone is so adamant about not wanting their child that they're willing to kill it, you think they're going to end up treating the kid well? Plenty of people have horrible childhoods even when they were wanted.

And before you say it, unfortunately no, most unwanted babies don't end up surrendered for adoption. They just end up raised by a woefully incompetent and/or resentful parent, which can irreparably damage the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies