Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:21 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

A restaurant in Massachusetts recently had to close because one of it's food handlers had typhoid. The employee had "travelled" to Guatemala. They won't come out and say it's an undocumented Guatemalan worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 01:59 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Default Dr. Drew says LA public health in 'complete breakdown': 'No city on Earth tolerates this'

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-dr...th-los-angeles

Quote:
The public health situation in the nation's second-largest city is in "a complete breakdown," Dr. Drew Pinsky said Thursday night on "The Ingraham Angle."

“We have a complete breakdown of the basic needs of civilization in Los Angeles right now,” Pinsky told host Laura Ingraham. “We have the three prongs of airborne disease, tuberculosis is exploding, (and) rodent-borne. We are one of the only cities in the country that doesn’t have a rodent control program, and sanitation has broken down.”

Pinsky’s comments followed news that Los Angeles police officer had contracted typhoid fever, a rare and life-threatening illness that fewer than 350 Americans contract each year.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:08 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A restaurant in Massachusetts recently had to close because one of it's food handlers had typhoid. The employee had "travelled" to Guatemala. They won't come out and say it's an undocumented Guatemalan worker.
Why do you think it is an undocumented Guatemalan worker? It could be a documented Guatemalan worker. Or it could be someone who did, in fact, travel to Guatemala. A group of my son's friends went to Guatemala for a long weekend earlier this spring and they are American citizens. My son, also an American citizen, recently went to Colombia, where there is the risk of getting typhoid. (He did not get it, but, you know, he could have.) Are you doubting that people travel to South America? Or do you have some inside information on who the employee is, where he or she is from, and whether they have the appropriate documentation to work in the USA?

Old 05-31-2019, 02:14 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
"An outbreak of typhus was declared at City Hall"...... from rats.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-31-2019, 02:33 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
They need to round up these illegals and homeless and set up camps in areas like Beverly Hills, Malibu or Bel Air. There are college campuses with lots of green space as well as golf courses and parks. The well heeled Californians would love to host them in their neighborhoods.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:56 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, it may be difficult to eradicate. Hard to tell the ordinary rats from the elected rats.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:59 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
California is not Trump's America
I live in CA - I can vouch for that.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:21 PM

6,258 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Whether you like it or not, California is part of the USA. Trump should be the President for all, not just the third of Americans who salivate over him. He has not yet gotten that, of course.
If I went back over your post history would I find somewhere that he was "not my president"? Just asking. And if not you, then certainly many who feel the same way YOU do about our president.

Much of the west coast is just as dirty, filthy, disgusting and diseased as where this officer patrols.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:32 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
If I went back over your post history would I find somewhere that he was "not my president"? Just asking. And if not you, then certainly many who feel the same way YOU do about our president.

Much of the west coast is just as dirty, filthy, disgusting and diseased as where this officer patrols.
Nah, I think he's a moronic imbecile, but I haven't ever said "not my president," as I think it's stupid. He's the president of everyone in the USA. (And I don't live in California.) But a president is supposed to care about ALL of his constituents, not only the ones who shout "lock her up!" and "build the wall!" at his ridiculous rallies. It doesn't matter how the constituents feel about him; it's still his responsibility to do what's best for the nation as a whole, and yes, that includes the states and individuals who voted against him.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:05 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yep, the rats sleeping by the side of the road while crapping all over the streets

FYI, lice travel to humans from rats and feces
Quote:
Transmission. The disease is transmitted by the human body louse, which becomes infected by feeding on the blood of patients with acute typhus fever. Infected lice excrete rickettsia onto the skin while feeding on a second host, who becomes infected by rubbing louse faecal matter or crushed lice into the bite wound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies