Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How about this instead? Women should use birth control or make sure their partner is before engaging in sex. Most birth control methods have a low failure rate if used properly. I'm kind of on the fence with rape and incest. If the mother is suffering emotionally and mentally after an event like that then perhaps early on she should be entitled to an abortion. I also feel the same way if physically her life is in danger under all circumstances. I also agree that if the child has something seriously wrong with it and will die anyway then an abortion is acceptable. However, with most abortions is it merely done because the woman doesn't want to be inconvienced and she acted in an irresponsible way. That to me is not a adequate reason to get an abortion. Also you mentioned abortion up to three months. Are you not aware that a fetus has a heart beat by 6 weeks?
So abortion might be ok as long as the woman can't be blamed.

And clearly you too are pushing for comprehensive sex education and free birth control, no shaming or lectures on the morality of premarital sex right? Because the best way to prevent abortion is to prevent unwanted pregnancy to start with. We know abstinence only "education" is ineffective.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:01 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is simply not my business if some drug-addled woman in Tulsa wants to abort.

Of course, it is all nonsense. Those that are 'against' abortion are so because it costs them nothing to take this position and so feel superior to others. These same people care not about the born child, or the student thereafter.

Indeed, I think most of those 'against' abortion are only against 'white people abortion', and care not if Mexicans or Blacks have them. White birthrate is down, and many are worried about brown or black people becoming superior in numbers.

Nevertheless, I am male, and so never have to face that choice.
So much utter nonsense.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So abortion might be ok as long as the woman can't be blamed.

And clearly you too are pushing for comprehensive sex education and free birth control, no shaming or lectures on the morality of premarital sex right? Because the best way to prevent abortion is to prevent unwanted pregnancy to start with. We know abstinence only "education" is ineffective.
Huh? I'm not understanding your opening sentence. You're way off base about me on the rest of your post also.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:05 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
@maciesmom
Why must anyone accept your premise? I can easily say and believe in the sanctity of life, the precious gift of life and disagree with public assistance in any form. I see no hypocrisy to which I'm sure you wish to accuse me of.

If public assistance (in any form) is forthcoming, I submit as a taxpayer, I can exercise a "voice" and controls on who can receive my financial support and the terms for said support. That would be taxation with representation... FYI we started a revolution over it.

Abortion, choice, life, adoption, death, etc. ... there are no binary solutions if a woman sees her pregnancy as a 'problem". The "problem" can not be answered with yes's and no's.

You can not remove the complexity of abortion by logic and the worse thing to do it make this a cold emotionless situation.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
And once again, there it is, not even 5 posts in again and the real motivation for prolifers comes out, it’s to punish the woman for you disagreeing with her sexual practices.
How does saving an unborn child equate to punishing women? I do disagree with irresponsibility. Why wouldn't you? There is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy in most cases since there is so much birth control around.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:08 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
How does saving an unborn child equate to punishing women? I do disagree with irresponsibility. Why wouldn't you? There is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy in most cases since there is so much birth control around.
I agree there's no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy, that's why I had an abortion.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:08 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
half the women who seek abortion were using "birth control" in the cycle in which conception happened.

That means all forms of contraception, not just birth control pills.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:11 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I agree there's no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy, that's why I had an abortion.
Zing!

Old 06-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Ahhh..the "children as punishment" argument.

People who actually love and care about children and life prefer that all babies born are wanted.
Well just because they all aren't doesn't justify killing them, IMO. Ever heard of adoptions?

Old 06-02-2019, 11:12 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Huh? I'm not understanding your opening sentence.
Quote:
I'm kind of on the fence with rape and incest. If the mother is suffering emotionally and mentally after an event like that then perhaps early on she should be entitled to an abortion
Quote:
You're way off base about me on the rest of your post also.
You don't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies