Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Same reason anyone else has sex. People will continue to have sex whether or not you agree. Some will be responsible, some will not. Some will become pregnant despite being responsible. None of that will change. Ever. Even if abortions are banned. All that will happen is that more children will be born unwanted, often into poverty, abusive situations and not given up for adoption.

Forcing women to give birth as punishment for behavior you disagree with will not change that behavior.
Don't forget, you guys are the ones who called it punishment and said the fetus is not a living being not us. It doesn't make abortion look so ugly.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Of course you did. I didn't use your name at all, and clearly stated "some" - it's a fact that some prolifers want that. You're the one that saw yourself in that post.

Wanting comprehensive sex education does not have anything to do with wanting 17 year old girls to have 6 sex partners. I don't want that for 17 year old boys either. Are you afraid that by teaching birth control (which is more than tossing a box if condoms at them) they will have sex rather than remain abstinent? Guess what - if they want to have sex they will have sex anyway. Always have, always will. It's a fundamental human drive.
Right. Your post was not in any way directed at the one prolifer on the board. /shrug/

Yes, people will have sex. And sex means babies. I understand how biology works.

Since you do not want girls to wait until marriage -- unless you agree with "some" prolifers you insulted -- how many sex partners should a girl have?
Should she have sex on the first date?
Should she have sex with 4 guys in 1 month to rack up the numbers?
Should she wait until she is in a committed relationship?

I've never met a boy who was traumatized by having sex too early, although I'm sure they exist. But girls on the other hand ...

What advice would YOU give to a 17 y old girl about sex? After, 'here's your BC.'

Old 06-07-2019, 01:51 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Wow, you sure look at life with a lot of negativity using words like punishment, having a baby is far from punishment. I recently talked to a 43 year old woman who has a 19 month old child and in fact she called it her oops baby, but instead of having an abortion she chose to have and raise the child. She works in a fast food place and lives in low income apartments. She realizes it isn't the greatest life, but sacrificed for her beautiful child and is working on making things better. I wished her the best and offered her a ride any time she needed because she takes the bus and it doesn't run on weekends.
A baby is a joy..... if you want one. Your story is nice, but conflating it into a reason for ALL women to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term is invalid.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep. Only men should get to enjoy sex for purposes other than procreation. When they do, some men high five them. When women do it, some men call them wh*res.

This double standard is so engrained in the minds of some, they’re ok with women dying in order to punish them for having sex. Sick, but true.
are offering a lot of information up that no one volunteered, you act like all men are pigs, and I resent that.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
My behavior is not relevant because some people will make other choices - even ones that are not well thought out and illegal. That will always be the case, sadly.

I prefer that all children are born wanted and into loving homes where they can be provided for and supported. That is the ultimate stance in caring about children and families.
There were a lot of unwanted pregnancy's before birth control pills and the children were raised in loving families, hell I may have been one. It was just a fact of life and people accepted it and moved on and raised the child.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Agreed. If pro life people cared about kids and families as much as they claim, they’d be for paid maternity leave, subsidized daycare, free and accessible healthcare, but when asked if they’d be willing to participate via their taxes in providing such they whip out caring phrases like “If you can’t feed em, don’t breed em”.

Such compassion and caring makes it clear their motives have zero to do with loving kids and families. Or at least not any that aren’t their own.
Please stop putting words in my mouth, please tell me in what post I/we said that.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:00 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
There were a lot of unwanted pregnancy's before birth control pills and the children were raised in loving families, hell I may have been one. It was just a fact of life and people accepted it and moved on and raised the child.

Not necessarily; abortion has been around for hundreds (if not thousands) of years.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
are offering a lot of information up that no one volunteered, you act like all men are pigs, and I resent that.
I actually feel really bad for that poster. The life she depicts is absolutely horrible, and she's getting info from personal experience/bad decisions I think. Just awful.

This is why it is SO important for girls to be taught responsibility, self respect and common sense. They can avoid so many problems as they get older if they have these characteristics. They can eliminate so many bad decisions, and instead of heartbreak they can find a man who will respect and love them. Why? Because they won't accept anything less.

And it's a crying shame that people are dead set against that.

PS. I put her on ignore, but see her posts if someone quotes her.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So in other words abortion is BC for them. Where did that poster or any others in here advocate for celibacy for women in general? You're spinning the remark made that if a woman is that fearful of a pregnancy if or if not BC is used that perhaps the only option is to refrain from engaging in sex then. It's only about those that are that fearful!

We are aware that at this point abortion is legal so what you are saying is that her thoughts are "oh well if I get pregnant I'll just get an abortion". Who thinks like that?
That seems to be the thought process of a newer generation, it is all about convenience.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Wow, you sure look at life with a lot of negativity using words like punishment, having a baby is far from punishment. I recently talked to a 43 year old woman who has a 19 month old child and in fact she called it her oops baby, but instead of having an abortion she chose to have and raise the child. She works in a fast food place and lives in low income apartments. She realizes it isn't the greatest life, but sacrificed for her beautiful child and is working on making things better. I wished her the best and offered her a ride any time she needed because she takes the bus and it doesn't run on weekends.
Why can't you understand being forced to have a baby against your will is punishment? Why can't you understand that there are people who do not want or even like children?

Some people think climbing Mt. Everest is worth the chance of dying and never seeing their loved ones, including their children, ever again.

How would you feel if those people thought because they loved climbing Mt. Everest you should too.....and forced you to do it against your will? So what if you are afraid of heights. So what if you do not want to risk breaking a leg. So what if you don't want to risk your life. You should be forced to do it because THEY love it and think you should too. Does that sound reasonable to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies