Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2019, 11:26 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Trump will be destroyed, just like in 2016.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 11:32 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
That response addresses none of my questions or points that I refuted.

It seems that you're uninformed and really painting a broad brush about a majority of the country. Trump probably would've won the popular vote if anything you just said is accurate.

Those are specific groups of people - very large groups who support each other and are growing in their numbers every day - with the political power to reelect Trump while dems/liberals sit back doing nothing because they can't even get along, or support each other on anything because basically without financial strength and high intellectual capacity among the average folks, their base is nothing more than a huge group of people stirring up more chaos.

Similar to another post on a different thread, dem/libs/small minority groups are greatly outnumbered - not necessarily by those who back Trump and every move he makes, but by those who are seeing their own prosperity rising under his leadership and not looking back.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:53 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Those are specific groups of people - very large groups who support each other and are growing in their numbers every day - with the political power to reelect Trump while dems/liberals sit back doing nothing because they can't even get along, or support each other on anything because basically without financial strength and high intellectual capacity among the average folks, their base is nothing more than a huge group of people stirring up more chaos.

Similar to another post on a different thread, dem/libs/small minority groups are greatly outnumbered - not necessarily by those who back Trump and every move he makes, but by those who are seeing their own prosperity rising under his leadership and not looking back.
I think as you're probably aware bubbles exist at this point. I'm a white Christian millennial male who owns a home and pays taxes, but I don't like Trump. Neither do my parents, or many other people who fit my description.

For the most part this tends to be an urban/rural divide, or to an extent the suburbs are somewhat blended. If my "prosperity rises" it's because of something I did and not Trump, or Obama or Dubya.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:56 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
There is no question in my mind, when combing both the data with intuition that Trump is going to win in 2020. In 2016, so many were surprised because they only looked at the data. Classic mistake!

Old 06-03-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
I think as you're probably aware bubbles exist at this point. I'm a white Christian millennial male who owns a home and pays taxes, but I don't like Trump. Neither do my parents, or many other people who fit my description.

For the most part this tends to be an urban/rural divide, or to an extent the suburbs are somewhat blended. If my "prosperity rises" it's because of something I did and not Trump, or Obama or Dubya.

Now you're speaking exceptions, not the norm, and this country is far more rural than urban, more right and right/center than left, and I'd bet more than half of urban people fitting your description are pro-Trump as they have made huge gains in financial status due to Trump policies.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:34 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Now you're speaking exceptions, not the norm, and this country is far more rural than urban, more right and right/center than left, and I'd bet more than half of urban people fitting your description are pro-Trump as they have made huge gains in financial status due to Trump policies.
If the economy holds, the views of the so-called MSM and of Hollywood will have little or no impact. Trump is guaranteed reelection.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If the economy holds, the views of the so-called MSM and of Hollywood will have little or no impact. Trump is guaranteed reelection.

Yep.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:54 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
who's Trump gonna lose to?

Bernie?
Booker?
Harris?
Biden?

don't see it if the economy stays positive. Nobody who votes, cares about the silliness.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:56 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
The left today is its own worst enemy, imo. I think Trump will win by a greater percentage in 2020 then he did in 2016 -- and the left will have only itself to blame.

In fact, the left has become so extremely liberal that I am seriously thinking of changing my "affiliation" from Moderate to Conservative -- although I won't do it until after Trump is out of office, if then. (I would hate in any way to be identified -- wrongly!! -- as a Trump supporter.) However, if the Republicans come out for the "heartbeat" abortion bill as part of their platform, then I will be right back in the middle!

(Btw, we now live in Colorado that went to HRC, but we are moving to Wisconsin that went to Trump, next year.)

Old 06-03-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The left today is its own worst enemy, imo. I think Trump will win by a greater percentage in 2020 then he did in 2016 -- and the left will have only itself to blame.

In fact, the left has become so extremely liberal that I am seriously thinking of changing my "affiliation" from Moderate to Conservative -- although I won't do it until after Trump is out of office, if then. (I would hate in any way to be identified -- wrongly!! -- as a Trump supporter.) However, if the Republicans come out for the "heartbeat" abortion bill as part of their platform, then I will be right back in the middle!

(Btw, we now live in Colorado that went to HRC, but we are moving to Wisconsin that went to Trump, next year.)

Lots of people like you. That is, people leaving the extreme liberal left because they really do not have much to offer other than working hard at forcing everyone to think the same way as the next. Their form of individualism is not individualistic at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies