Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 06:40 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
The country will continue to flood with low skilled, uneducated workers who will drive down wages forcing more and more Americans onto government assistance. That's exactly what the Democrats want. You'll have to come to them for your daily handout.
Are you talking about the people coming out of Kentucky and West Virginia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What's McConnell's excuse for not wanting to address the immigration problem? It's both parties. Neither wants to address it.
Because Republicans don't really want to end illegal immigration. Trump doesn't give a rat's behind about immigration - if you think he does, you've been duped. He wants it to continue on like it has, so that he can use the issue to whip up his base. This thread is proof that his strategy is working.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:54 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Soooooo tired of this whiny, bigoted, xenophobic, ignorant bitching about immigration. I could care less about increasing democratic votes. I want what's best for America, and that means MORE immigration! Immigrants are what built this country, and immigrants are what will keep it vital. My solution to illegal immigration is to make it easier for people to immigrate legally.

If you're so worried about overpopulation of the US, my idea is to round up a few million right-wing red-necks and ship them off to Guatemala, to make room for some decent folks who want to come here and build a good life. Maybe we could send Trump down there with them, to be their President-for -life.
Hey, at least you’re honest!

You do you, mr radical leftist! Have a beer!

Old 06-02-2019, 07:11 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Soooooo tired of this whiny, bigoted, xenophobic, ignorant bitching about immigration. I could care less about increasing democratic votes. I want what's best for America, and that means MORE immigration! Immigrants are what built this country, and immigrants are what will keep it vital. My solution to illegal immigration is to make it easier for people to immigrate legally.

If you're so worried about overpopulation of the US, my idea is to round up a few million right-wing red-necks and ship them off to Guatemala, to make room for some decent folks who want to come here and build a good life. Maybe we could send Trump down there with them, to be their President-for -life.
You might want to read the topic heading again. It's about illegal aliens not "immigrants". Legal immigrants and our own citizens built this country not illegal aliens. Our legal immigration quotas are based on our needs already so why would we change that sane policy and import more that we don't need?

I say let's round up the lefty liberals who don't give a hoot about our own citizens and have no respect for our immigration laws and send them down to those countries they seem to love more than their own. Illegals who break our immigration laws and take from us what doesn't belong to them aren't decent folks. We can't allow every one in the world in need to come here and build a good life. If you think so, then you're not dealing in reality.

There is nothing bigoted, ignorant or xenophobic about opposing illegal immigration while embracing legal immigration in the numbers that we actually need. A xenophobe has a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger to our country that isn't here legally?????

I have a suggestion for you if you don't like reading our pro-American posts then there is an ignore feature on this forum.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:21 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
If The Treasonous Left Succeeds In Maintaining Open Borders And Flooding The Country With Illegals What Will Happen
Nothing. GOP will blame others for their own failures, as they always do.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:59 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Taking our place on the great mandala?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We will and are becoming Venezuela or you can just see the end of the Roman Empire....that's where we're headed and it's undeniable.
Interesting. & in the US, what will take the place that Christianity played in the Roman Empire?

Old 06-02-2019, 10:12 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Money wants to be free

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
To country down the road. Do you think we will be annexed by Mexico?
The Treasonous Left, eh? Since you ask so nicely, see https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/mexico/usa for a comparison of Mexico & the US. You'll see that the US has more population, & outperforms Mexico in most financial outputs. So no, I don't think annexation by Mexico is @ all likely.

Do we have open borders? Not that I'm aware of - all those people arriving @ US borders to apply for asylum - maybe 2% of them will - eventually, & after much (years?) review & interviewing, medical exams, cheking work history, school records, police records, vetting of political associations & on & on - be accepted for asylum. The rest will be turned away, more than likely.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:06 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
To my conservative friends. The Republican Party is not opposed to what is in-effect, open-borders. Big-business loves immigration. The only thing big-business opposes is crime and instability.

In terms of the "National-Interests", this country needs hundreds of millions of immigrants, post-haste. How else are we going to compete with China for economic dominance? Where do you think American geopolitical power comes from?

America is a superpower because of the size of our economy. Once China's economy surpasses ours, they will run the world. They are already creating a financial and technological empire while trying to match us militarily. The only hope for the United States is to either grow our population, or to maintain a massive interdependent economic trading bloc, especially in the Western Hemisphere and Europe, but also in the Middle-East and Africa.

The West must open its doors to migrants, so that we can develop economic and social integration between "The West", the Middle-East, Africa, and Latin-America. If we don't integrate with those countries, we could lose them to the Chinese behemoth.

Put simply, America must embrace Latin-America to sustain a kind of Neo-Monroe Doctrine.

And just as with China, it really isn't important to treat your citizens well. The state doesn't exist for the benefit of the citizens. The state exists for the power and preservation of the state. And power in this world is money. Thus the only priority of every state is economic-growth, and whatever conduces to the greatest economic-growth, must be done.

Immigration will not stop. It will only increase. Especially as native-born birth-rates continue to fall.

And sadly, conservatives are a bunch of morons who think Trump is going to save them. They don't understand how the world works. They don't understand why all of this is happening. And so they blind themselves to the future, deluding themselves into believing it is about democrats, politics, and votes.

Now go to work and pay your taxes.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:24 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
It will be funny when the social program grind to a halt due to funding issues... It will seriously hurt our native born poor people and the native born senoir citizens.

I keep forgetting that the Dems and liberal really care about the country and our native born/legalized citizens... Not!!

Old 06-03-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We will and are becoming Venezuela or you can just see the end of the Roman Empire....that's where we're headed and it's undeniable.
11 million illegals in the country. That's 0.3 percent. 1 person in every 300. Tell me again how that fraction of population is going to turn US into Venezuela.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies