Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2019, 08:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Getting the popcorn and waiting for the SJW liberal gun grabbers to get here.
Maybe you should attend the funerals and eat your pop-corn there since you find this so entertaining.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Many gun owners like myself have no issue with in-depth background checks. We have no issue with registering our guns. I am 100% in favor of a mandatory death penalty for anyone using a gun to commit a violent crime. I am for requiring shrinks to report any client who may be a threat. Ban them from having guns.

What I am not for is punishing all gun owners for the misdeeds of a very low percentage. It amazes me how quickly the left wants to strip rights away from an entire group of people in response to the misdeeds of criminals.

What's next? Restricting vehicle ownership to only those the state deems worthy? Restrict voting rights to only those who are registered to the right party? Will our elected reps for go their armed body guards? How about our elitists in Hollywood? No? Yeah just the peasant class.

But you live in some country in Asia.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:13 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Getting the popcorn and waiting for the SJW liberal gun grabbers to get here.
Sounds like you enjoy the controversy.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:17 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,977 times
DeWayne Craddock: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Shocked!

Not an evil, Christian, white guy this time!

Quote:
DeWayne Craddock, a former public utilities worker whose name frequently appeared on city notices, was named as the mass shooter who opened fire at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center, leaving behind 17 victims, 11 of whom have died, in the nation’s latest horrific active shooter event.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Craddock was the shooter; Heavy also confirmed the name through police scanner audio. Officers named DeWayne Craddock as the shooter to dispatchers early on in their response. The scene inside Building 2 was a frightening one; police scanner traffic chronicled how officers rushed to rescue victims, including at least one shot in the face, found survivors hiding throughout the complex, and worked to neutralize the suspect, who was still firing through a door.

One journalist said a police officer had succinctly and correctly texted him, “This is bad.” Other journalists described it as a heartbreaking scene. Craddock, of Virginia Beach, was 40-years-old, according to online records, and is now dead. A local journalist reported that he was shot by police, but they had not yet confirmed that. The victims’ names have not yet been released. When they are, Heavy will write a tribute that describes their lives.
https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/dewayne-craddock/

Old 05-31-2019, 08:20 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I did not see that - FYI I’m overseas so do not see all news right now - so can’t comment on what I don’t know - but that’s a tragedy too!
He's talking about 20+ different shootings throughout last month that ended with 32 dead.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
But you live in some country in Asia.
Yes I do SE Asia. You can message me if you like, for more information.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:33 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I don't care about his race.

Sick and tired of identity politics.

I want to know what makes people do things like this. Educated (graduate of Old Dominion University where my BIL teaches--this is really getting too close to home) hired to do engineering, nice looking in the picture they showed...so WHY?

Was he a vet with PTSD? Was he in love with guns? What was it in his background that made him to this? It was a hand gun=made to kill people, not for shooting bears or snakes. A gun just to kill people with.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:43 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

I want to know what makes people do things like this. Educated (graduate of Old Dominion University where my BIL teaches--this is really getting too close to home) hired to do engineering, nice looking in the picture they showed...so WHY?

Was he a vet with PTSD? Was he in love with guns? What was it in his background that made him to this? It was a hand gun=made to kill people, not for shooting bears or snakes. A gun just to kill people with.
I take it you're never enjoyed target shooting as a hobby?? Or never bought a gun for self defense??

Old 05-31-2019, 08:51 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

This is so illogical, do you really believe this to be a driver for why people kill? It makes zero sense.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:02 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
DeWayne Craddock: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Shocked!

Not an evil, Christian, white guy this time!

So? At least he’s not a Muslim. And how do you know he’s not a Christian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies