Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 01:06 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Trumps father created the real estate Empire.

A lot of the real estate Trump pretends to own, he paid to have his name emblazoned on the building but doesnt actually own the building.

If Trump had done nothing but leave his fathers money in the bank untouched, he would be a very wealthy person on interest alone.

Donald Trump has been bankrupt 4 times.
No American bank will give him a loan which is why he has to go running to foreign banks to help him out. There's a really good reason why he would do anything to stop us seeing his tax returns. He's a total fraud. And you guys fell for it.

His real estate 'empire' isnt doing so great. The apartments in Trump tower are currently losing value hand over first and nobody can sell them unless they are prepared to take a very large loss.

He's a fraud, he's crass, he's undignified, he's a serial liar, and yes he is an embarrassment.
Trump grew his fathers business 10 fold. How about proving he is a fraud? The guy paid for his own campaign and he donates his salary to charity. I guess that makes him evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Kind of an insult that a coward like trump would have the gall to go and honor those who made the supreme sacrifice on d-day. As for trade negotiations? yeah like his trip to N.Korea to get rid of rocket mans rockets. Its all a glorious photo op to bolster a colossal ego.
You mean kinda like Obama and Clinton?

Old 06-02-2019, 01:09 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
yes, to commemorate the D Day landings 75 years ago, or had that slipped your mind? that's why he's going to France, you know the place where the allied troops landed, after visiting Britain.
Let's hope it doesn't rain.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Neither Bill Clinton nor Joe Biden were/are tough-talkers like Trump is, and you that fine well. Aren't y'all always complaining that Clinton and Obama were "wimps"?
I don't have anything against anyone who avoided that crazy Asian war.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That time was called off by the Secret Service and they have the final say.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:15 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Please, let it rain.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:23 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Welcome to Blighty Mr President.
Just to warn you the usual woke snowflakes are outraged by your visit.
And the Marxist leader of Her Majesty's Opposition has refused to meet you.
But as the official leader of our biggest friend and ally you'll be pleased to know a great many people here are delighted to see you.
We're all so bored by Brexit we need some fun in our lives.
I imagine Trump’s trip will go pretty much like this...Weee Doggies!

https://youtu.be/60WAd0HRkng

Old 06-02-2019, 01:30 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
That time was called off by the Secret Service and they have the final say.
A likely story. But as I said at the time, it's all for the better. Belleau Wood is sacred ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Please, let it rain.
Yep, you're right. I rescind my weather wishes.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:34 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
As someone with Scottish parents, I know the Scots are among the most blunt people on the planet. But just ask most Scots what they think of Trump -- the fact that his mother was Scottish doesn't make him any more palatable for them. If anything, it embarrasses them.

Watch the documentary You've Been Trumped, for starters.
Yes, it’s a strange thing about the U.K. folks. They are unfailingly polite, yet brutally blunt. It’s hard for me to reconcile the two. Perhaps it’s that they are blunt with each other, but keep their party manners for outsiders.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:53 PM

4,900 posts, read 2,054,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouillot View Post
For all the liberals that attempt to criticize President Trump for not serving in the Armed Forces of the United States, I can almost agree with you on that one issue since I believe that the President, male or female, should have served in military, Active/Reserves/National Guard prior to being elected as Commander and Chief.

It's not just about not having served. All the deferments to dodge serving are an insult to those who got drafted and served, and many who never made it home. Then his blatant use of patriotism to rally his base, when he is amongst the least deserving to use it given his background, Commander-in-Chief or not. Trump's statements about Senator and POW John McCain (regardless what one thinks of John McCain otherwise) speak to his irreverence to those who sacrificed for their country.

With that said, just remember that Bill Clinton and Obama never served in the military as well. Neither has Hillary Clinton or Comrade Bernie Sanders (Who met with Soviet government officials during the Cold War.).... Or most, if not all, of the democrats that will be running in 2020. As for only caring about money, that would be Hillary. Who sold her influence to the highest bidder, while serving in public office, for her own and her family's enrichment.

Clinton, Obama did not make a blatant show of being a great patriot. Clinton was another to slip through the draft and I view him in this regard as no better than Trump. All those "other" Dems you criticize for not having served, well plenty of Republicans did likewise. It was fairly common that some young men withss politically connected parents managed to get out of being drafted regardless of party. We might agree about some things about Hillary Clinton. She is a person from modest means who managed to elbow her way to wealth through smarts and cunning and husbands position. Bill the serial adulterer puts him in a good size group of politicians (and of course general population) who were likewise.

Btw, Hillary's lie about being under "sniper fire" doesn't count as a combat deployment.

Just another example of those who stretch the truth to suit their needs. Not as ugly as the Brian Williams falsehoods, but exaggeration at the very least.

The recent Times spread of First Lady and Presidential candidate Hillary showing-off her home decorating skill (or to some lack thereof) was a big turnoff. Never a good idea for political person to flaunt their largess when so many struggle just to keep their heads above water. Anyone else notice all the gold decor in White House press shots since Trump arrived? Appears Trump, Putin and the Saudi sheiks have an obsession for ostentatious gold and crystal decor.

It's sad, but the last election was about the "lesser of two evils" and I think most of the world knows that too. I'm sure the British elite will turn their collective noises at Trump, but I bet that the average working Briton likes this "American."

That's a generalization heard in certain circles. It is rather simplistic, but many like their reality in black and white. Shades of gray require critical thinking that many have no motivation in pursing.

The caste system in Briton is pretty entrenched, though some modest progress has happened. Britain has their royals and American had their Camelot. John and Robert Kennedy would torment and laugh at LBJ's background, speech and lack of worldliness. The Kennedy brothers, as Trump, were silver spoon kids born into lives of wealth. Big difference was John served in the military, and both John and Robert were intellectually curious. Again and again Trump questions the IQ of those he disagrees with. It seems to me he has self-esteem issues. Among Trump's other negative character defects, he is a lowbrow and vengeful man regardless of his given advantages in life.

Yes UK has large part of population that would like to turn clock back to time Briton ruled the world, and the Union Jack was feared as flag of the colonizer.

The sad thing is that the MSN will not show any positive images of Trump, just the negative stuff, which will most likely be very misleading, at best.

Yes a liberal bias against Trump. The conservative media overplays things the other way. That does not take away from obvious that Trump is a crude and vulgar man with a giant chip on his shoulder who has used his executive power to turn back anything related to Obama regardless whether it is harmful to US and its allies or not. I'm most concerned that some of his actions will strengthen our enemies just as much or more than Obama's red line strengthened some of our enemies. Some Trump trade tariffs are showing cracks, as within the agricultural community.

At a time when Americans would be best to unite to better their lot, they instead tear each other apart over petty political partisanship.
Trouillot, I like your response to my post. And believe it or not, "I" agree with over 80% of it.

I especially like the part where you stated that we need to come together, but instead, we're tearing apart. A statement that is so true. I seriously think at the country is now divided over numerous issues and that this division will be with us for a long time since the country is basically broken down into two major groups and within these two groups, resides smaller, yet radical sub-groups. I didn't vote for Obama or agreed with any of his policies, but I acknowledge that he was my President and I truly wished him well. As for Trump, I voted for him mainly because he was a disrupter, which I felt was needed in D.C. What pushed me into voting for him was that BOTH the democrats AND republican hated him equally. And yes, Trump says plenty of silly things and has thin skin.... I know this, but he's not afraid of taking on difficult issues that many past presidents simply refused to deal with... Again, I do not like this ugliness that Trump displays almost weekly, but if the elections were held today, I would again vote for Trump.

I do not see myself as a republican, but more of a Truman and Reagan democrat than anything. A few years ago, I thought Joe Biden might make a good president, but the more I listen to him, today, I can't get fired up over what he says... He's spouting off the old party's lines and to the best of my knowledge, isn't really talking about any real and fresh ideals that might work. Plus, he's creepy as hell and I'm a guy!! Comrade Bernie will never be president and I think he knows that. Cuz if anybody has a negative Russian/Soviet correction, it's this guy!! Nobody can convince me that when Comrade Bernie was in the Soviet Union, back in the 80s, at the height of the Cold War, that he didn't meet with Russian/Soviet government officials or intelligence officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies