Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2019, 10:42 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Welcome to Blighty Mr President.
Just to warn you the usual woke snowflakes are outraged by your visit.
And the Marxist leader of Her Majesty's Opposition has refused to meet you.
But as the official leader of our biggest friend and ally you'll be pleased to know a great many people here are delighted to see you.
We're all so bored by Brexit we need some fun in our lives.
Why is he there, he's not like here or there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 11:44 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hopefully he can keep it together and not embarrass us. LOL, I'm not a trump hater, but I ain't no fan either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
That's setting an exceptionally high bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I think your right.

I wonder how the trump fans overlook his crap. I mean I actually don't mind some of trump policies but how can you look at the guy and not see what an ape he is. I mean just an ogre, rude, crude, no style, no class. LOL. I can go on and on.

I said that to some of my righty trump loving friends and they simply said they hired him to do a job, not a popularity contest.

Ok, I guess.

Too late.

He didn't even make it to touchdown.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...don-mayor.html

Old 06-03-2019, 01:15 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
And you need to have a bit more respect for the opinions of American citizens who live in this country full-time -- and who may have lived here their entire lives/most of their lives. Maybe, just maybe they know things about the US and its leadership that you don't? I know, I know, that's hard to believe, but maybe you could, like, consider that possibility?

Why did the Brits vote Brexit? I've never lived in the UK, but I "know" the economy was good and the UK wasn't at war with anyone. It was a prime destination for immigrants. It was doing fine. You just needed to take more pride in your country -- and the EU! -- old sport.
I have homes in the US and the UK and spend a fair bit of time each year in both.
I like to think I have a small understanding of both places.
What they both have in common at the moment is large numbers of citizens who feel their governments don't understand them and don't represent them.
Trump and Brexit are these people pushing back and it's magnificent to watch
Democracy in its purest form.
Joe Six-pack exercising the one legal right he has to give politicians a good kicking.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Has anyone but me noticed how the leftist loons rush in to create threads about President Trump's visits, activities so as to create a negative thread about him that will then be the main thread in which all other comments, positive ones, will then be moved to if someone starts a positive thread about the same subject?

The most powerful man in the world is visiting England and everyone watching knows they'd better mind their P's and Q's. He has their number and he doesn't mince words or play their games.
THEY should mind their P's and Q's? LOL. He's in the UK now, where people tell it like it is. He's in THEIR country.

Besides, where do you think Trump gets his tendency to not mince words? If he's at all worth his 50% Scottish blood, he'd better be prepared to deal with some criticism from the Brits. Because they're going to give it to him.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I've just turned the telly news on. President Trump seems happy enough, gabbing with various dignitaries.

He'll have a good meal tonight at a banquet. Keep him entertained, and busy. I'm watching his facial expressions, and he really seems to be enjoying himself.
Oh, good! I'm so glad. I've been very, very worried.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It's like those in the public eye want to put out their nasty comments about our leader and have no repercussions. Too bad. Life doesn't work that way in the real world.
Is Trump too much of a snowflake to take it?

Old 06-03-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, exactly. As usual, trump & his minions live in an alternative reality.
Trump and his minions are too soft, apparently, underneath their tough exteriors.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:39 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
So far the visit seems to be going amicably.

Does anyone know what the brooch is the Queen is wearing or where it came from? Have been told that she sometimes sends clues as to her actual opinion with her brooches and jewels.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I have homes in the US and the UK and spend a fair bit of time each year in both.
I like to think I have a small understanding of both places.
What they both have in common at the moment is large numbers of citizens who feel their governments don't understand them and don't represent them.
Trump and Brexit are these people pushing back and it's magnificent to watch
Democracy in its purest form.
Joe Six-pack exercising the one legal right he has to give politicians a good kicking.
There does seem to be parallels between Trump and Brexit, at least as I understand Brexit. Trump is just a symptom of America's annoyance with the politicians and he was a reset button of sorts, whether right or wrong.

He was seen as an outsider and I think people thought he'd change things up.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:52 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I've just turned the telly news on. President Trump seems happy enough, gabbing with various dignitaries.

He'll have a good meal tonight at a banquet. Keep him entertained, and busy. I'm watching his facial expressions, and he really seems to be enjoying himself.
Isn't there some kind of protocol when dealing with the queen? I forget but you are supposed to act a certain way around her and other protocols when addressing her.

I wonder how Trump is managing to not step on those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies