Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 06:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Trump visits merrie olde England

Oh swell, he gets to embarrass the USA once again on the world stage in a place where ha can not intimidate the press. Everything he does or says will be recorded for posterity, and he will not be able to shut them down ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 06:09 AM

1,877 posts, read 678,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Woody the ambassador doesn't appear to think so ...

https://twitter.com/USAmbUK/status/1134492785736916994
Well, that kinda IS his job.

I don't see much excitement among the general public though.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:11 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Finally we got rid of Obama who could do nothing but apologize for America.
Trump is actually making the US stronger after so many failed Presidents.

You may not like the bluntness that Trump speaks but it's exactly what the US, the UK and the world needs in calling out the Corrupt Leaders around the world.

Roscoe... I thought life would be back to normal and boring once Obama left office. Thankfully I was wrong.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:41 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I’d love to be a fly on the wall during the lunch with Theresa May, 3 days before she leaves office.

Remember on Trump’s last visit, when someone asked him if he’d given her advice on Brexit? He answered that he would never presume to give her advice, but that they had talked about it. I wonder if he did have a strong opinion at the time about how she should handle it, and that she wishes she had followed it. OR, did she follow his suggestions, and they were backfired?

Old 06-01-2019, 08:27 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Welcome to Blighty Mr President.
Just to warn you the usual woke snowflakes are outraged by your visit.
And the Marxist leader of Her Majesty's Opposition has refused to meet you.
But as the official leader of our biggest friend and ally you'll be pleased to know a great many people here are delighted to see you.
We're all so bored by Brexit we need some fun in our lives.

If you like him so much, please keep him there. It will keep him from causing further great harm to the USA.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:56 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Hide the Enfields! Oh wait, they've already taken them. Never mind.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong.I love the footy and my entire day today is being planned around being in my favourite stool in my local supping a cool pint and watching the game.
But,you know,it's not the only thing occupying people's minds.
Thousands of Sandalistas are brushing off their Birkenstocks and packing their sun-dried tomato and haloumi cheese wraps for a busy week of stamping their feet and virtue-signalling against Trump's visit.
Trump is the President of our most important ally and a long-time trading partner and whatever you think about him the office he stands for and the country he represents should be respected.

Maybe someone could let him know while he's there?

Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The very idea is laughable.

Trump is a trainwreck and he has made us a pariah nation. We have lost our standing in the world.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Finally we got rid of Obama who could do nothing but apologize for America.

You may not like the bluntness that Trump speaks but it's exactly what the US, the UK and the world needs in calling out the Corrupt Leaders around the world.

Roscoe... I thought life would be back to normal and boring once Obama left office. Thankfully I was wrong.

HOW?

Specifically!
And that means proveable facts, NOT mere opinion.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:21 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Trump appears to be pretty darn beloved in Cornwall. I was there for a month last June and folks could not stop pestering us about him as soon as they learned we were Americans. They had a lot of praise, and also lots of good-hearted jeering of his overall goofiness. We were *not* expecting positive remarks but lo and behold, we heard plenty.

The silent majority is everywhere, it seems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies