Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 11:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Maybe we should call it fantasy, since it mentions satan and heaven, two things only the feebleminded believe in.
The plaintiffs in this suit were represented by an out of state religious organization. They dropped the suit in April, 2019.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Do modern girl's restrooms and locker rooms not provide privacy for showering and changing clothes for girls who do not want to be observed nude by anyone, transgender or not? Do the restrooms not have doors on the stalls? Are there no curtains on the showers? Do girls take gang showers?

I am pretty sure the trans kids do not. They just do not want to be observed in the boy's restrooms and locker rooms, just as any girl would not.
Toilet facilities are enclosed and have doors that lock from the inside. Changing areas and showers have curtains. Girl’s are not running around topples or nude, snapping wet towels at each other.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
"Township High School District 211 did not initially choose to let biological males look at females in a partial or total state of undress, according to 100%news."

I don't know about 14 year old boys today, but if this old man had been allowed to "look at females in a partial or total state of undress" when he was 14, all of the females would have known he was happy to see them.
Would you have consistently self identified as female for the sole purpose of getting a peak?
You likely would have been very disappointed because most girls of this age trend modest.

In all my years, I have yet to encounter a topless or nude female or male in the ladies room or locker room who was older than a toddler.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:40 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
A think a majority have an issue with this ruling not because they are transphobic, homophobic or on religious objections grounds but because it forces the minority point of view on the majority. It is not discriminatory to treat everyone the same, that does not mean that the minority opinion is the only one that counts and what the minority thinks is what everyone else has to follow, they should not be allowed to set thier own rules. It really doesn't matter what was done 40 or 50 years ago, these issues were not dealt with back then.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Its actually quite simple all females keep their locker room, males keep theirs. The confused individuals who cannot accept what they are, get a personal bathroom.

That way there are no problems. There should never be a scenario where you send your child to school and they are forced to change in front of the opposite sex.
This is the policy that started the lawsuit in this district. The parents of Student A / ACLU filed suit for discrimination. A part group represented by an out of state religious organization filed a counter suit.

Student A graduated in 2017.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Then why aren't girls afraid of using the same facilities as girls who might be attracted to them?
Bio females and males are far more likely to encounter same sex people who are attracted to them, than they are a transgender.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Where are the schools where there are no stalls with doors where a girl could change clothes and no one could see her, trans or not?
Prison ?

Old 06-02-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
That's based on the presumption that transgenders are always attracted to the opposite gender.

Gender and orientation are not the same. A trans girl/woman may be sexually attracted to men or women, just like a cis girl/woman can be.

Being trans does not imply anything about sexual orientation, and trans women will still experience involuntary physical arousal if exposed to situations they find sexually stimulating.
Worthy of a repeat.

A trans may be attracted to both genders or no genders, no diff than non- trans.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I went to high school in the mid sixties. Never took a shower at school. I did not participate in team sports outside of P.E., but I suspect the girls that did just went home to shower.
There was no funding for girls sports in most public schools at that time.

I caught the tail end of that era. Girls learned to square dance in gym class. Some progressive, usually suburban, schools had volleyball.

There was a single shower in the girl’s locker room, adjacent to the indoor pool. One was expected to take a soap shower in their school swim suit and bathing cap, before entering in pool area.

As boys began to wear longer hair, it forced municipal pools and schools to abandon the swim cap thing.

Girls would use towels or hold up towels for each other when changing into/ out of swimsuits. No one pranced around naked.

Municipal/ school locker rooms now have curtains on the changing stalls

Old 06-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Never having been a teen girl my view is limited. We did have to change in the girls locker room when visiting another school when I played basketball. From what I recall, most showers were open. Other facilities were closed.

Not having been a teen boy yourself, I will tell you that a good number of teen boys would go to great lengths to get access to a girls locker room.
Boys were required to swim naked when I went to school. The door between the girl’s locker room and the pool had a keyhole. Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies