Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 08:41 PM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Are you a climate scientist?

If you are not...and haven't spent thousands of hour studying data...for many years...your take mean nothing.

This would be like asking me to design integrated circuits. I, and probably you, are fools when it comes to top notch design of integrated circuits.

I can answer inter-web stuff for you tho. Drone stuff too. Most residential construction and demo also.

But I doubt many C-D posters have decades of experience in pollutants and their effects.

My good friend spent an entire career high up in Exxon......he 100% believes in Global Warming...and he's from Texas and Virginia and flew hell's in Vietnam, so not some clueless outsider.
The scam is the government's claim it can reverse the natural cycle of global warming by raising your taxes and do it before a drop dead date in about a dozen years.

So tell us, what exactly is the government doing to stop global warming????????

Apparently many other scientists have studied the climate and disagree with the carbon model used.

So tell us, what do the learned scientists say about the impact of our position as we orbit around the galaxy??? If activity on the sun and the position of the moon have an impact, what on earth happens in that 226 million year orbit???????

'Consider that the sun orbits the center of our galaxy every 226 million years. I was stunned when I read that. The article went on further to explain that in the sun’s estimated 4.6 billion year existence, it has completed only 20.4 orbits.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 08:55 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Temps have been tracked in the ocean for less than 150 years. The ocean temps are the foundation of GLOBAL temp forecasting.

150 years is about the same as a 1-minute snapshot of a century.

Just 50 years ago we were heading into an ice age, man-made no less. All the science was settled.

30 years later they knew they were screwed so they tweaked it a bit.

Now, we are heading into the end of life on earth as we know it because of climate change, Oh Wait, make that Global Warming, OH WAIT, make that MAN-MADE Global Warming, yea that's it!

Nevermind all the emails showing how climate scientists colluded to change data. Please ignore that of 102 models only 2 are still alive - these aren't the drones you're looking for!

It's all about money. Apparently, 2 billion people will trade their comfortable lives to pay for some mirage concocted by greedy ass men!

It doesn't take a genius to see how people are being herded like so much cattle.

If it were really such a BIG DEAL would all of these elites still be flying their private jets, buying multi-million dollar yachts, and buying mansions on the most expensive beaches on the planet?

WAKE THE HECK UP!

Last edited by Originalist; 06-01-2019 at 09:03 PM..

Old 06-01-2019, 09:06 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Your links both refer to heat records in the U.S. The G in AGW stands for GLOBAL.
That is what the climate deniers do. They cherry-pick data to build a false narrative.

Here's the real story: we are about +1 C warmer today than the 1930's

Amazing how deniers claim there is no AGW while at this very moment the lower Midwest is seeing record flooding. We're having 1,000-year rain and flood events every year. How many more times does AGW have to slap us in the face before we admit there's a climate emergency?

Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
That is what the climate deniers do. They cherry-pick data to build a false narrative.

Amazing how deniers claim there is no AGW while at this very moment the lower Midwest is seeing record flooding. We're having 1,000-year rain and flood events every year. How many more times does AGW have to slap us in the face before we admit there's a climate emergency?
There is not record flooding. 1993 was worse. 1950 was worse than that.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:18 PM

669 posts, read 320,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I honestly don't think many of these posters have the intellectual capacity to understand. <see below> They matter not.

What concerns me are those in power that deny climate change. It could be an agenda or ignorance. Nevertheless, it is dangerous.
What amazes me are those who are so deathly passionate about Climate Change (yes, it's real) do not see it accelerated with China's intro into the WTO. Yes, Carbon Emissions.

Yet, they love Environmentalists like Obama who arrange for 'freeer' Global Trade Deals that outsource even more to China. You know, where they have virtually no environmental standards, including using illegal ozone depleting CFCs (remember that right? The Ozone). Yet they pat themselves on their back for talking about how they reduce 'local' pollution because it got shipped out of sight and mind.

And they hate Trump type 'protectionists' that want to slow China down. That is beyond dangerous.

Please see stuff like this. Maybe it will open your eyes a bit:

Old 06-01-2019, 09:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Your links both refer to heat records in the U.S. The G in AGW stands for GLOBAL.
So global weather.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
But that was weather then. The weather today is AGW. Do get with the program.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:39 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

Most of us, and by that I mean a clear majority of Americans, believe in climate change and believe that we are responsible.

Any message board that is heavily populated by Trump supporters will stand in stark contrast to the majority.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:41 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
We have record flooding every year now. It's no longer every couple decades, it's every year.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We have record flooding every year now. It's no longer every couple decades, it's every year.
Too much rain, AGW
Not enough rain, AGW.
Too much snow, AGW.
Not enough snow, AGW.
Drought, AGW.
Flooding, AGW.
Too cold, AGW.
Too hot, AGW.

Did I Miss anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies