Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 09:10 AM

21,428 posts, read 10,512,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I'm not getting the connection from him incorrectly sourcing a quote during a speech and him being a traitor who hates USA.

The inequality part he's got a good point, when this country was founded neither blacks nor women could vote.
I don’t care if he quoted the Declaration of Independence, but it is ironic he talks about America’s founding on inequality in Brazil of all places. I wonder if he knows about Brazil’s founding and how slaves were treated there?

Other than that, I could care less he gives speeches. That’s what ex-presidents do.

Okay, I listened to the quote and it wasn’t bad. He does know Brazil did the same thing. Does it matter how many countries were founded on inequality? Because every single one of them were if we’re measuring it by women having rights. Times change. It only matters what the countries are like today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 09:10 AM

14,709 posts, read 8,036,474 times
What a credible news source you link!

Gateway pundit?
Everyone knows that is a fake news site - even other Conservatives.

Link
Fake news sites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._news_websites
It is all fake news, conspiracy theory and Conservative propaganda.
Gateway Pundit

https://www.mediamatters.org/researc...y-wrong/215106

Provide a more credible link, and I might read it.
Seen the story covered, and seen nothing of "Hatred for America".

Old 06-02-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I'm not getting the connection from him incorrectly sourcing a quote during a speech and him being a traitor who hates USA.

The inequality part he's got a good point, when this country was founded neither blacks nor women could vote.

Well, yes there is that....

9,569 posts, read 5,595,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He should not be given a platform. Ban his hate speech from Twitter and Facebook.
Nothing he said there was hate speech.

7,235 posts, read 7,022,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He should not be given a platform. Ban his hate speech from Twitter and Facebook.
Does Mark Zuckerberg post here? To whom are you making this request?

Old 06-02-2019, 09:12 AM

20,023 posts, read 8,919,129 times
Obama said Trump would never be President

he lied

Old 06-02-2019, 09:14 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,595,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t care if he quoted the Declaration of Independence, but it is ironic he talks about America’s founding on inequality in Brazil of all places. I wonder if he knows about Brazil’s founding and how slaves were treated there?

Other than that, I could care less he gives speeches. That’s what ex-presidents do.
He did say that Brazil & the US were founded on inequality so he did address the issue.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,434,858 times
Obama is living rent free in some Trumplings (very roomy) skull buckets.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:17 AM

21,428 posts, read 10,512,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
He did say that Brazil & the US were founded on inequality so he did address the issue.
Yeah, I went back and listened, then edited my quote already. My position is that ALL countries were founded on inequality if we are measuring it by women’s rights.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:19 AM

He was right we were founded on inequality. Blacks and Women were not equal back then.
It was unfair. But Katiegirl also has a point, if you are measuring by women's rights...all countries were founded on equality.

I think what he did that is making the right crazy, he said that we have some crazy gun laws
in America (of course he is correct, but expect every conservative to go crazy and swear that
some Democrat is going to come into their home and take all their guns now!!!) I am sorry, but laws like not giving guns to crazy people, kind of makes sense....it's not attacking the second amendment, it is just common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies