Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 04:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opin...-conservatives

The U.S. Justice Department is preparing an investigation of Alphabet Inc’s Google to determine whether the tech giant broke antitrust law in operating its sprawling online businesses, two sources familiar with the matter said.

Barr Bringing Anti-Trust Lawsuit After Google For Targeting Conservatives | Conservative Angle

The U.S. Justice Department is preparing an investigation of Alphabet Inc’s Google to determine whether the tech giant broke antitrust law in operating its sprawling online businesses, two sources familiar with the matter said. Officials from the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division and Federal Trade Commission, which both enforce antitrust law, met in recent weeks to…
The post Barr Bringing Anti-Trust Lawsuit After Google For Targeting Conservatives appeared first on The Federalist Papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 04:18 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Awww, poor conservatives. Everyone is against them. What snowflakes. I always thought Conservatives were about companies deciding who could be their clients?

Old 06-02-2019, 04:19 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,702,626 times
I don't agree with the means, but it justifies the end.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:22 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
old story.
railroads/steel/telephone.
trust-busting is settled law.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Awww, poor conservatives. Everyone is against them. What snowflakes. I always thought Conservatives were about companies deciding who could be their clients?
Standard Oil, as an example of exactly what you speak.
Monopolized in a cartel, to become used as a political weapon.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:44 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
I'm not a conservative, so it really doesn't apply to me. To be honest, the folks under the most persistent assault by Silicon Valley are Centrists who keep being branded "Racist! Sexist! Bigot! Nazi!" That is where the greatest threat comes from: People who think for themselves and are not particularly partisan. Mindlessly partisan people are easy to manipulate. You know all the right buttons to push. So free-thinking people are the folks that are getting singled out.

Whether it is at the behest of the tech monopolies or not, they are definitely being weaponized to further the political aims of the Left.

Styx pretty much nails my thoughts on the matter once again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2S8nx64VQ0

Old 06-02-2019, 05:25 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
The above post is all you need to know about dems / liberals.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
"Everyone is against them"?

That's about the craziest ****ing thing I ever heard!

Only six states have more liberals than conservatives.

Forty-three states have more conservatives than liberals.

In thirty-two of those states, conservatives outnumber liberals with a double-digit advantage.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247016/...ls-states.aspx

Old 06-02-2019, 05:50 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Barr is falling in line with his master. Trump met with Twitter CEO Jack a few months ago to whine about how unfair Trump supporters are being censored on social media. It's not unfair when people complain about their racist, homophobic, bigotted rhetoric and conspiracies.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Everyone is against them"?

That's about the craziest ****ing thing I ever heard!

Only six states have more liberals than conservatives.

Forty-three states have more conservatives than liberals.

In thirty-two of those states, conservatives outnumber liberals with a double-digit advantage.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247016/...ls-states.aspx
Then why are conservative constantly whining about how unfair they are treated? Bunch of snowflakes I tell ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies