Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 08:23 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you want the Democrats to do something for African Americans?

Tell me folks, what do you want the Democrats to do for us? Enumerate the proposals. I can’t wait to hear this.
The best anyone can and should do for African Americans or any other Americans is ensure that everyone gets the same fair shot at success, while fighting to ensure that discrimination and racism in all forms is minimized. I'm all for mocking, ridiculing and belittling anyone who thinks the melanin content of their skin makes them in any way superior to others. Let's be honest, it's a really stupid concept.

Democrats approach to the matter has been giving all Americans who are struggling free handouts for nothing, which pretty much never helps anyone in the long term. Blacks had long since been shoved to the lower end of the economic spectrum when these social programs were instituted, so these programs became much more prevalent in black communities. The Democrats constantly call anyone opposing their programs "RACIST!!!" and "FASCIST!!!" The Democrats outright bully blacks who adopt conservative politics and values.

The GOP doesn't do much to help their own cause in the matter. I'm not at all clear what their position is on the matter because they mostly just react to the Left's name-calling and failed programs. To be honest, I think that the Republicans have seen 95% of blacks vote Democrat for such a long time, they've mostly just given up trying. It's a pathetic and cowardly thing to do, but it is what it is.

To be honest, if black people want their voice to really be heard, they need to actually make both parties actually earn their vote and they need to get out and vote in larger numbers. Anyone anywhere mindlessly pulling the lever for the same side every time isn't doing themselves any favors. The Democrats don't actually have to give a crap about black people. They just have to say the right words, pretend to care and continue to support programs that do more harm than good. They're just modern day corrupt political bosses like good ole Boss Tweed for example. The Republicans have largely given up on blacks voting for them, so don't expect a lot of love or bright ideas from that side either. But if they actually thought they could get a fair shake from black voters, that would definitely change. It's not much of a stretch to say that Republicans could grant all black people infinite wealth and immortality and they'd all just vote Democrat anyways. Status quo = nobody actually has to give a crap about you. Not a good place to be if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 08:28 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Again, blacks don't matter to anyone. Free stuff, reparations, give them an inch they take a mile, have to beat 'em to make them work, low IQ, baby daddies, violent nature, white people can go to Africa and do whatever they want because they are "good and Godly", crime stats say blacks are "bad and evil", on and on. And black voters? All their votes are a fraud and/or because the guy was black...

Old 06-03-2019, 08:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
This is according to a new survey that was conducted by The Black Census Project with 30,000 respondents. Basically, African-American engagement isn't translating into outreach by Democratic leaders and politicians.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/...project-survey
Democrats aren't doing anything for anyone, they are too busy worried about investigating.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:30 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I did not realize that. Good info. People, however, still put too much weight in the unemployment data and ignore other indicators. I do believe Trump has had a positive impact on the economy, however, but not from his actions, but more or less from the optics of the boost in white consumer and business confidence of having a white man run the country again.
Unemployment rates are not the only metric in terms of economy. I'm just focusing on that because this is what alot of people are looking at first. And the unemployment rate can be misleading too. The work force participation rate should be looked at as well. This started dropping during the Bush administration and has continued dropping through the Obama administration. It continues to drop in the Trump administration. Many people have just dropped out of the workforce because they feel there is no hope in getting a job.

One thing I have noticed is all the optimism from many Whites as far as President Trump is concerned. I don't see any of this optimism from African-Americans. I think for many working class Whites (at least here in Georgia), there is a confidence and an optimism. But it isn't just about having a White President. It's about having the kind of White President they want. President Trump says what many people want to hear.

When it comes to Blacks, it's the same old thing. Everyone else first, Blacks last. However, for this administration, we have a President who is antagonistic.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
That's a fair description as well. Democrats know that the black community is a reliable vote, so they see no reason to actually reach out to them in terms of fighting for real economic policies that improves their quality of life.
Yep, just like Hillary and Democrats thought the rust belt states were in their pocket so they ignored them and we know what happed there lol

Old 06-03-2019, 08:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet they will vote lock step Democrat for the party of promised handout communism.
Oops! Wrong party. Isn`t the trailer park crowd enjoying that same communism? You bet they are and they`re getting more of it than anyone else.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...curity/516861/

Old 06-03-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The best anyone can and should do for African Americans or any other Americans is ensure that everyone gets the same fair shot at success, while fighting to ensure that discrimination and racism in all forms is minimized.
Exactly.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:38 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm not black, but I feel ignored by the democrats. I don't even recognize the current crop of dems now. They've go so far left. Here in Ca. they are talking about giving illegal aliens medical health care coverage. That just seems bat crap crazy to me. I can't understand how this type of thinking can even exist. I mean talk about rolling out the welcome matt to invite more people here illegally. This is basic common sense stuff here and I just don't get what they are thinking. I mean it is simply just pandering for votes??? How is this stuff going to get paid for??

Old 06-03-2019, 08:40 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Any politician who "champions" black causes and issues do so at the consequence of loosing some white voter support. The democratic party is attractive to many white swing voters, as long as the party is not seen as catering to "black issues". Hence, you can't become attractive to black voters while not repelling many white voters. That is just how it works.

The democrats strategy is to elect black people who will ignore black issues, hoping that blacks will show strong participation because the person is black. That way they will not lose white support over the party championing black causes. That was a one shot strategy and ended with Obama. It will never work again in the near future. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I am not mad ad the Democratic party. I used to be, but I have realized its all about the math and dealing with racism. How can you do something for black people, specifically, without angering white people and resulting in whites voting for the opposition? That is the conundrum for the Democratic party. Do people honestly think that the democrats would win a nation election if their candidates support reparations or black specific policies? Like Desert Detroiter said.....just what do people expect the Democrats to do for black people? What would be the consequence if they did those things in regards to elections?
I'm not even sure what the bolded means.

It's not about catering to "black issues." All of the stuff listed in the survey benefits not just blacks, but everyone. White people who are inclined to vote for Democrats supports the same stuff in theory ($15 minimum, higher taxes on the wealthy, guaranteed housing, etc.). But given that blacks as a whole are the lowest on the economic totem pole, it's undeniable that they would benefit from such policies the most.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The best anyone can and should do for African Americans or any other Americans is ensure that everyone gets the same fair shot at success, while fighting to ensure that discrimination and racism in all forms is minimized. I'm all for mocking, ridiculing and belittling anyone who thinks the melanin content of their skin makes them in any way superior to others. Let's be honest, it's a really stupid concept.

Democrats approach to the matter has been giving all Americans who are struggling free handouts for nothing, which pretty much never helps anyone in the long term. Blacks had long since been shoved to the lower end of the economic spectrum when these social programs were instituted, so these programs became much more prevalent in black communities. The Democrats constantly call anyone opposing their programs "RACIST!!!" and "FASCIST!!!" The Democrats outright bully blacks who adopt conservative politics and values.

The GOP doesn't do much to help their own cause in the matter. I'm not at all clear what their position is on the matter because they mostly just react to the Left's name-calling and failed programs. To be honest, I think that the Republicans have seen 95% of blacks vote Democrat for such a long time, they've mostly just given up trying. It's a pathetic and cowardly thing to do, but it is what it is.

To be honest, if black people want their voice to really be heard, they need to actually make both parties actually earn their vote and they need to get out and vote in larger numbers. Anyone anywhere mindlessly pulling the lever for the same side every time isn't doing themselves any favors. The Democrats don't actually have to give a crap about black people. They just have to say the right words, pretend to care and continue to support programs that do more harm than good. They're just modern day corrupt political bosses like good ole Boss Tweed for example. The Republicans have largely given up on blacks voting for them, so don't expect a lot of love or bright ideas from that side either. But if they actually thought they could get a fair shake from black voters, that would definitely change. It's not much of a stretch to say that Republicans could grant all black people infinite wealth and immortality and they'd all just vote Democrat anyways. Status quo = nobody actually has to give a crap about you. Not a good place to be if you ask me.

I don't think that its accurate to say that the democrats solution is to give people free handouts for nothing. Think of democrats social policy as a medication that has side effects. Say a person has an acute chronic medical condition. A new drug comes out with side effects to treat the condition. The person's acute condition was such that they were willing to accept and deal with the consequences, that seem minor at the time, relative to the acute condition. However, as years go on under the medication, the person takes for granted the acute condition, because it really has not been problem for a long while, so now the side effects are bothering the person.

Thing thing about human nature is this. Life, for many things, requires CONTRAST to appreciate, otherwise things can and are often taken for granted. America has not had to deal with ABJECT POVERTY, for decades. If you have been to a third world country.....you know what abject poverty is and looks like. America has virtually eliminated abject poverty....thanks to liberalism. We have forgotten what that looks like in America and the pain of that type of poverty, which is a good thing. Now, however, we are left to deal with the side effects from those policies and now question is the medication worth it. However, that is a complaint born from no longer realizing what abject poverty feels like in this nation. I can guarantee you that is we did away with these policies people call "freebies" and the like, for ten years....Americans would realize why they were needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies