Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 11:05 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The courts need to stay out of politics. The judge was wise enough to understand that !!!
I agree with that. The constitution spells out the power of the branches in great detail, and presidents are not monarchy or dictators no matter how much they want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 11:15 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
You didn’t make a point. You asked how many times the 9th Circuit has been reversed, apropos of nothing, in a thread about a district court decision that falls under the jurisdiction of the D.C. Circuit..

I did, especially to the person I quoted...but again, it flew right over your head.

Quote:
A charitable reading of your post would be that you’re suggesting that the 9th Circuit will affirm Judge Gilliam’s contrary decision, and the Supreme Court will reverse it because of the 9th Circuit’s track record. If that was your point, then it didn’t go over my head... I’m just too intelligent to draw hasty conclusions from raw statistics. .

Yes, your intelligent, because you say so....keyboard warrior...

Quote:
Between 2007 and 2018, the Ninth Circuit was reversed in 75.5% of the cases that SCOTUS agreed to hear. The D.C. Circuit was reversed 72.3% of the time - not exactly a resounding improvement. .

You cannot even cut and paste correctly....Mr. intelligent....

https://ballotpedia.org/SCOTUS_case_...2007_-_Present)

Since 2007, the 9th circus had 167 cases go to the SC, 126 were reversed.......

Since 2007, the DC court had a total of 36 brought to the SC, 21 reversed....

Can Mr. intelligent figure out that %, or shall we start calling you Mr. no-intelligence....

Pssttttt, intelligent people provide links.....so, I guess we will go with the Mr. no-intelligence.

Quote:
You should leave the legal trivia to the big boys, and stick to more general talking points about Obummer judges, etc.

Well, obviously you are not the big boys, so who is it Mr. no-intelligence? Completely obvious it is not you...

Old 06-04-2019, 12:31 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can you point out the "actual law" that gives the POTUS the right to redistribute funds allocated for other purposes to his own little pet projects? And, IF it really is an emergency as alleged, Trump's certainly taken his damn sweet time acting on it.
I don't see how this as an emergency especially since a small section of wall wont solve the problem. Also was it an emergency the last 2 years or just now.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Poor hapless Democrats. Trump keeps jacking their jaws.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:24 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Stand by what I said. I judge the judges by what they do, not by the groups they belong to.

Sorry if the facts don’t support your delusions. Suck it up.
So if a judge makes a ruling you agree with, he's a good judge. If not he's one of them there activist judges. Got it.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
So Trump gets his wall. Of course the leftists will avoid this topic. They were proven wrong, yet again.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:35 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So Trump gets his wall. Of course the leftists will avoid this topic. They were proven wrong, yet again.
I guess the dems never get tired of losing..

Old 06-05-2019, 06:06 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The judge was a Trump appointee. The kind that does not care for the law or Constitution only kowtowing to the Dear Leader.

The good news is the injunction is still in place.
"The judge was a Trump appointee. The kind that does not care for the law or Constitution only kowtowing to the Dear Leader."

Obviously you DON'T care when the left does it and HAS been doing it for DECADES. Look at how many times the 9th court, which is STACKED with DEM president appointees, has been gone to by libs.

Just ANOTHER case of the lefts hypocrisy!

Old 06-05-2019, 06:10 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So if a judge makes a ruling you agree with, he's a good judge. If not he's one of them there activist judges. Got it.
No, the liberal 9th circuit is the most overturned in the country. That's why they are considered activists.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can you point out the "actual law" that gives the POTUS the right to redistribute funds allocated for other purposes to his own little pet projects? And, IF it really is an emergency as alleged, Trump's certainly taken his damn sweet time acting on it.
"Can you point out the "actual law" that gives the POTUS the right to redistribute funds allocated for other purposes..."

It HAS been posted NUMEROUS TIMES. Try to keep up.

Why don't YOU back up YOUR claim with "actual law"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies