Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 02:54 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

And I have no doubt you lefties would have no problem with a teacher who taught a Bible verse in a public school getting fired, hypocrites that you are.
If it was in a science class, absolutely. Unless it was in a World Religions class, it shouldn't be in a public school - - just like a preacher wouldn't be explicating The Grapes of Wrath or solving quadratic equations in church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 02:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Evangelical Christianity is definitely part of the far-right coalition in the USA.
It's not just part of it. It's the backbone of it. Other right-wing nationalist and white supremacy movements wouldn't have any power or influence at all if they weren't riding on the coattails of the Christian Right.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:58 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If we don’t break the left’s control especially in our educational system. I believe the future of the nation will be at stake. What strategies should the right take to break the left’s control.

‘Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing”

George Orwell
The left controls these industries. Academia, entertainment, publishing, media, social media, journalism, tech and a lesser degree banking and payment processing. in these industries, you better be about LGBTQ, you better be about BLM, and about Feminism, about pro immigration. Some of these industries the left control have a lot of clout and can control what you say or what you think. Industries that left control that can prevent you what you say is from Tech, Social Media, publishing, and academia control what you can think. This is not good in my book and a slippery slope not only for the right, but for those on the left as well who do not subscribe with far left activism and intersectionality.

For academia, try o send your kids to private. Entertainment, obstain from it, Social Media, cancel your social media accounts. Tech, stop using apple, Microsoft, google, tech apps. Example, Microsoft is woke, and xbox is part of Microsoft, play Nintendo which is not a woke brand or part of the woke culture. Starbucks is also woke, and if you don't want to drink at a place that is woke, go to Dunkin Donuts.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:03 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The left controls these industries. Academia, entertainment, publishing, media, social media, journalism, tech and a lesser degree banking and payment processing. in these industries, you better be about LGBTQ, you better be about BLM, and about Feminism, about pro immigration. Some of these industries the left control have a lot of clout and can control what you say or what you think. Industries that left control that can prevent you what you say is from Tech, Social Media, publishing, and academia control what you can think. This is not good in my book and a slippery slope not only for the right, but for those on the left as well who do not subscribe with far left activism and intersectionality.
Relax.

The “Left” in America might result in universal healthcare, mandated vacation time, and maternity/paternity leave. In the rest of the first world, those things are already standard.

The Left in America is pretty tame.

No need to worry. You’ll be fine.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:07 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,180,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
you better be about LGBTQ, you better be about BLM, and about Feminism, about pro immigration.
Yes, LGBTQ, African Americans, women and immigrants should generally not be discriminated against. Immigrants won't have all the same rights as citizens, but nonetheless I'm surprised any of this is controversial in 2019.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:07 PM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Conflating evangelical Christianity with the far-right, lol.
They do it all the time. They assume because I am conservative, I am Christian, which I am not.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:11 PM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. That particular liberal really goes on the personal attack against conservatives when he has no argument. He accuses conservatives of dehumanizing their opponents, and then makes snide comments about stay-at-home wives and other insults. (And he's come after me, too, so don't feel bad.)
Doesn't bother me. I am used to it on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
If it was in a science class, absolutely. Unless it was in a World Religions class, it shouldn't be in a public school - - just like a preacher wouldn't be explicating The Grapes of Wrath or solving quadratic equations in church.
And you would be ok with trying to get him or her fired? Like I said. Hypocrites.

And show me the science that says the world will end in 12 years if we don't do the Green New Deal. I would like to see it. BTW, didn't Al Gore say that 20 years ago?

Old 06-04-2019, 03:12 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If the welfare state options do not appeal to you, pony up the money, time and/or effort to take a privatized route of your choosing.

That covers education.

If the cultural narrative does not appeal to you, pony up the parental time and effort to teach your children that being a mindless drone of that narrative is a bad thing, how to think for themselves, how t question dogma, etc.

That covers media and pop culture.

Both sections of my proposal require parents to be on the clock, 24/7/365, ever vigilant. Shouldn't be hard really, considering that when you choose parenting (and you do choose), that's exactly what you sign up for. Anyone can do it, just takes sustained effort and never letting your guard down. Never ever look fr "what can we make someone else do" solutions. ALWAYS look for the "what can I do without anyone's help at all" solutions.

This will never work as it requires common sense and accountability

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:13 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's not just part of it. It's the backbone of it. Other right-wing nationalist and white supremacy movements wouldn't have any power or influence at all if they weren't riding on the coattails of the Christian Right.
Liberals wouldn't have any power or influence if they didn't illegally flood the country with 40-50 million illegals over the last 40 years, either.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Relax.

The “Left” in America might result in universal healthcare, mandated vacation time, and maternity/paternity leave. In the rest of the first world, those things are already standard.

The Left in America is pretty tame.

No need to worry. You’ll be fine.
To a certain degree. I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies