Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 03:22 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,191,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

And show me the science that says the world will end in 12 years if we don't do the Green New Deal. I would like to see it. BTW, didn't Al Gore say that 20 years ago?
You should really speak to your kid's teacher or the principal.

No politicians/media people, etc. said the world will end in 12 years because of the Green New Deal. They did say we need to take corrective action by 2030, though. Just to set the record straight, getting their info from a climate report. So if the teacher truly said that, other than taking my word for it, look up what the studies have said and tell him "the world won't end in 12 years. The study says corrective action is needed by 2030" or whatever the accurate wording is.

Honestly, I'm trying to just provide a suggestion at this point. Send him this link. At no point does it say the world ends in 12 years, but it is a very serious report.

https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/

I'll say this, I'd make sure that's actually a thing he said, otherwise perhaps a conversation will help you understand what actually said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 03:23 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,573,814 times
Quote:

And you would be ok with trying to get him or her fired? Like I said. Hypocrites.

And show me the science that says the world will end in 12 years if we don't do the Green New Deal. I would like to see it. BTW, didn't Al Gore say that 20 years ago?
What is the hypocritical part of this? Where is the Green New Deal being taught in school?

There are so many fallacies here, I don't know where to begin.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:32 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,245,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The left controls these industries. Academia, entertainment, publishing, media, social media, journalism, tech and a lesser degree banking and payment processing. in these industries, you better be about LGBTQ, you better be about BLM, and about Feminism, about pro immigration.
You are confusing socially liberal causes with leftwing politics. Leftwing politics at its core is purely economical. Tell me what is economically left in any of the industries that you just listed?

Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You are confusing socially liberal causes with leftwing politics. Leftwing politics at its core is purely economical. Tell me what is economically left in any of the industries that you just listed?
It is not about policy, it was what certain industries identify with politically, and you know what that is ok. It is their money, and they can do and virtue signal to whomever they please. I just pointed out industries where far left or intersectional activism or far left have clout in. Is that a problem, or do you want receipts? Their is nothing economically left about such corporations, however its the way in which they virtue signal towards. And that is ok. Not my money, not my problem.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Far left wing policies have now indoctrinated such liberal left leaning corporations.
How do you indoctrinate a corporation? Do you thing people in corporate leadership are "indoctrinated"?

Old 06-04-2019, 03:36 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,765,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
My kids have been in schools in the southeast for the last 22 years. Lots of out and proud Republican teachers. Lots of very religious teachers. Somehow they managed not to be indoctrinated by me or the teachers.
LOL my kids were taught Earth Science by a creationist in the public school system.

If you want to live in a conservative community, move to a small town in a red state. It really is that simple.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:37 PM

34,257 posts, read 18,631,541 times
Man Made Climate Change is being taught in schools, not the Green New Deal. But, kids now are indoctrinated into believing this Hoax, and the Government tax Scams proposed to "fix" it. Yeah, like that can happen. It's NATURE, get over it. You're not that important, and don't use my tax dollars and my standard of living to make you feel your life can make a difference.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:40 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
How do you indoctrinate a corporation? Do you thing people in corporate leadership are "indoctrinated"?
Here in NYC, I cant say whom or where. I know of a woman who came onboard to a company as a diversity consultant straight out of a liberal arts college. She changed the whole entire company from upper management to the bottom. If you want receipts, DM me. Now she is a chief diversity officer.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Man Made Climate Change is being taught in schools, not the Green New Deal. But, kids now are indoctrinated into believing this Hoax, and the Government tax Scams proposed to "fix" it. Yeah, like that can happen. It's NATURE, get over it. You're not that important, and don't use my tax dollars and my standard of living to make you feel your life can make a difference.
Where's your study showing that it's "nature"?

Old 06-04-2019, 03:47 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,522,499 times
Quote:
They do it all the time. They assume because I am conservative, I am Christian, which I am not.
Me too! And they always quote Jesus to me, saying how I'm not following him, as if to point out what a bad "Christian" I am! For a bunch of people who are always criticizing stereotypes, they sure are good at stereotyping conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies