Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 03:10 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times

Advertisements

https://www.thedailybeast.com/we-fou...k-pelosi-video
Popular news site 'daily beast' pulled out all the stops in gong after an obscure blogger who was accused (It now appears falsely) of posting a doctored video of Nancy Pelosi that made her appear intoxicated. Her voice was slowed, but her tone was kept the same.

Shawn Brooks, is an African American former warehouse forklift driver from NYC who has said that he lost a good job after the company started hiring illegal aliens. It's not tough to figure out why he became a Trump supporter. A site where he serves as one of several administrators posted the video, which went viral, and the sleuths at daily beast traced it to Brooks. A "Facebook official" confirmed that the video had been posted from Brooks' personal account (another reason why I will never have a facebook account, since it is evidently their policy to 'out' obscure users when politically convenient).

Daily beast proceeded to basically 'dox' Brooks, looking into his personal history, interviewing his ex-girlfriend, etc. They made a special point of stressing that he is African-American:

Quote:
A review of Brooks’ personal fan page reveals him as an avowed conservative and a proud member of Trump’s razor-thin African-American support base.
Not sure how that is relevant, but apparently the DB thought that it was, hence I pass on their message. It's a good example of what I call crypto-racism. The reaction across the board has been pretty negative towards the DB. This is what progressive thinker Glenn Greenwald said about it.

Quote:
Drag an African-American day laborer into the spotlight and try to ruin his life because he made a trivial video about Nancy Pelosi. The only worse part is how you're celebrating yourselves like you did something brave and important. Nauseating.
Brooks now says that he plans to sue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 03:18 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
I'll respectively reserve comment until the Social Forces of Justice chime in
like Big Al Sharpton & Jessie ' The Weasel ' Jackson

AND, if it's worthy of the Fake News Networks

Old 06-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
I wonder it they would have backed off had they know his shade.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:18 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It appears they did know and went after him anyway. He was likely even more at risk being black while conservative.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:30 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Definitely not.

The Progressive Stack or Oppression Olympics categorizes people by how oppressed they are. Black. Gay. Transgender. That sort of thing. Now take your overall score by adding up all your oppression points and now you can see how much respect and deference you are owed. You can now quantify how much your opinion matters to these people.

But for any oppressed category, just stick a minus sign in front of your oppression score. Progressives (New Wave Communists really) won't even notice all those evil straight white men. No, no, if you're -- in this case -- "a race traitor" then they will target you and attack you without mercy. You are the worst sort of human being imaginable. Take a look at Candice Owens and how much hate she gets. A lot more than any straight white man. And the vast majority of black people -- New Wave Communist or not -- are definitely coming for you. That is why The Daily Beast and others are going to make such a big point over telling everyone his race. They have every intention of doing a modern day lynching of the guy. They'll do their level best to ruin his life and make sure nobody ever hires him for a job again. They'll try to get everyone he loves to denounce and abandon him. There absolutely is a reason to tell everyone his race.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Shrug, oh well. Maybe he shouldn’t have doctored a video & then passed it off as real when it was fiction. And you all fell for it, lol.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, oh well. Maybe he shouldn’t have doctored a video & then passed it off as real when it was fiction. And you all fell for it, lol.
Every person who has ever mocked Donald Trump must now be punished, am I right? Maybe we should call for a mob to lynch them! What a great idea!

I think you're letting "because she's on my team" cloud your brain on this one. The most powerful woman in the most powerful country on the planet who also happens to be a multi-millionaire. That's Nancy Pelosi. She gets be mocked by an out of work, working class black man, and you're saying, "Well maybe you shouldn't have picked on poor poor Nancy. To hell with you! You deserve whatever happens to you."

Would you find it acceptable for everyone who has ever said an unkind word about Donald Trump to have their lives ruined? That's exactly what you seem to be saying, just "she's on my team so that's different."

Old 06-04-2019, 04:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Every person who has ever mocked Donald Trump must now be punished, am I right? Maybe we should call for a mob to lynch them! What a great idea!

I think you're letting "because she's on my team" cloud your brain on this one. The most powerful woman in the most powerful country on the planet who also happens to be a multi-millionaire. That's Nancy Pelosi. She gets be mocked by an out of work, working class black man, and you're saying, "Well maybe you shouldn't have picked on poor poor Nancy. To hell with you! You deserve whatever happens to you."

Would you find it acceptable for everyone who has ever said an unkind word about Donald Trump to have their lives ruined? That's exactly what you seem to be saying, just "she's on my team so that's different."
Lol, how amusing to see you try to compare unkind words about trump (oh no, so mean!) to deliberately doctoring a video to make Pelosi look drunk & pass it off as fact. Unreal.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, how amusing to see you try to compare unkind words about trump (oh no, so mean!) to deliberately doctoring a video to make Pelosi look drunk & pass it off as fact. Unreal.
How much do you want to bet that I can just do a simple Google search and find millions of photos and videos that were doctored in order to mock Donald Trump?

You go get the lynch mob ready, I'll do the easy part and find an insanely large number of examples of Lefties doing the same thing to Trump. Sound good?

Old 06-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Same thing was done with bush- nobody cared. Trump has been photoshopped- people laughed. Pelosi vid- still outrage news a week later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies