Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 06:58 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

Colorado is known nationwide for being very dismissive and being a state where illicit drugs are just part of the culture.

The legal mushrooms and marijuana they vote for has lead to massive numbers of drug addicted people to swarm the state and drug overdoses are skyrocketing.

Nebraska is a zero-tolerance state that loves old-fashioned, middle-American values which does not include encouraging illicit drug use.

209 people died of drug overdoses in 2018 in Denver with 700,000 people

The entire state of Nebraska had a total of 152 in 2017 and has 1.9 million people

Amazing, how Nebraska right next door has less than 1/3rd of the drug mortality rate of Colorado.

According to a new report, meth deaths are skyrocketing in Colorado Springs and Pueblo.

Hepatitis has also skyrocketed since October.

https://denverite.com/2019/06/04/pol...uth-of-denver/

https://denverite.com/2019/05/01/dru...-to-level-off/

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s..._poisoning.htm

https://kdvr.com/2019/06/02/meth-ove...hern-colorado/

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/0...outbreak-2019/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 07:00 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
NE cannot afford the good stuff like CO can.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:04 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
All I can say is LOL!

And get your information right. The Denver metro area has a population of 2,932,415, not 700,000. 19th biggest city in the USA.

Using your numbers, that means:

Nebraska rate of drug OD: .0125%
Denver Metro rate of OD: .0139%

You're claiming Nebraska's rate of OD death is 1/3 that of Denver. Hardly. Your spin is showing, OP....

Last edited by Raddo; 06-04-2019 at 07:13 PM..

Old 06-04-2019, 07:11 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
It's one way to cut down on the homeless and drug abuse problem.

Give them the good stuff and make it plentiful.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Since when so marijuana and mushroom users use needles?

Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
209 from 201 the year before. In 2008 and 2009 the numbers were around 225. Do you read your own links, or just the title?

Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Get ready for stage 2 and 3 of the opiate crisis countrywide...and don't try to pin it on California where they have MANY less deaths then elsewhere.

I've listened to two podcasts lately live from KY where, the boonies, they've picked up THOUSANDS of needles from the side of the road. Thousands. Where there are no people to be seen. Everyone there knows it...not one doesn't admit it or blames it on liberals or Colorado or California. But here on CD??? Sick, IMHO......everyone knows the opiate story.

Corporate Love - and corporate free speech.
A medical field which is capitalist based - best cheap fix. A pill sure beats a rest or a massage....by 100X or more in price!
Hopelessness - because people are understanding the above. They don't mean a thing to the system....
War on Drugs - can't get pot legally in many places, opiates can be smuggled easier (once addicted by Big Pharma).
Continuing Capitalism - Pills are now priced as high as $60 or more for a single oxy (on the street). Capitalism jumps in and brings in a better supply of heroin and other similar stuff for 1/10th or less of the price.

The hateful political and divisive situation along with the growing equality in this country surely isn't helping the matter. A moral person is pretty much left thinking "well, I've sure been a stupid person not gaming the system like everyone else".

In other words, a nation of crooks and wanna-be crooks and crook defenders and crook enablers.

That you go - solve that problem!

Now, it's going to get worse. Because of this mess, they are now cracking down on scripts BIG TIME. I have the lightest opiates known to mankind in a joke dose and I had to sign all kinds of promises like I as a 9 year old. Now they have a whole profile on me and it's like school daze all over again.

Honestly - if there was an honest brown tar heroin dealer nearby I'd tell the medical system to buck off and just roll my own by making some hot tea with a couple mg dissolved in there. I am certainly not going to play their game for long.

I don't blame the doc, medical center, pharmacy, etc...they are under the gun and new laws have been passed. But I've never done well with authority and I certainly am not going to start now.

But, over the population as a whole, this isn't going to work out well because of the Fent. and other stuff that is going to take over due to low pricing. But this is exactly the path that addicts are being led down. Not only that, even people who aren't addicts will head that direction.

I noticed my doc set up a 3 month appointment round with me...which he never did before. He's a really nice guy so I didn't open my mouth but I sensed him thinking "yeah, this is foolish, but the state/fed/corp says I have to check out my opiate patients every 3 months".

This is for stuff that is of the strength available OTC in Canada...like a couple mg of Codeine with Tylenol. There is more opiate in Immodium......OTC and much more in many poppy seeds.

I know they mean well. But that's the problem with Pandoras Box - once Capitalism opened it up, there is no way to ever close it again. Mark my words. Opiates will not settle down like Cocaine did...because Coke was done for partying and never really worth the money and was only a short buzz anyway. It was a way to prove you could throw away money (until black folks started doing it, then it became evil crack).

What a failure! Epic.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:22 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
All I can say is LOL!

And get your information right. The Denver metro area has a population of 2,932,415, not 700,000. 19th biggest city in the USA.

You're claiming Nebraska's rate of OD death is 1/3 that of Denver. Hardly. Your spin is showing, OP....
You're not new here, this is a normal post by that person. Have you ever considered the ignore feature?

Old 06-04-2019, 07:24 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You're not new here, this is a normal post by that person. Have you ever considered the ignore feature?
Never. I enjoy putting posters like this one in their place. I am viciously anti-prohibition, which makes me feel obligated to fight propaganda whenever and where ever I see it.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:34 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
All I can say is LOL!

Per the CDC link using 2017 as that is the most recent on the link,

Colorado drug poisoning death rate - 17.6%

Nebraska drug poisoning death rate - 8.1%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies