Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 06:29 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I guess I wasted my time replying to someone all too eager to put words in my mouth and make unsubstantiated assaults on my person.
This is quite simple, you are claiming I am a birther without a single post or statement from me ever on the issue in what 5 years here?(excluding this thread where I nevertheless did not argue birther points) I say plenty when I do post so if I did you have plenty to show the group. This should be easy if it were true but not as easy as me proving right now you make things up about other users to attack their person.
This is the most basic common courtesy in forums. You claim I said something or hold a position. I ask you to quote me as such, you refuse but repeat?
Weaksauce. You worse than anyone in the thread have now reduced progressive discourse of topical issues to a nasty battle of ad hominem hate against other users. Internet forums become an intellectual vacuum this way. Good day.
Actually I have never claimed that you are a birther. I have merely expressed doubt about your denials. Meanwhile you have spewed out enough verbiage to choke a goat in your defense of Donald Trump and his demagoguery.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:29 PM

72,968 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Update: Candace Owen said that the Central Park Five weren't innocent. Disgusting thing to say.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Candace Owen is a tRump bootlicker.

No one should expect her to blurt out anything but whatever lie the moment demands to bolster tRump's lies.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:13 PM

72,968 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Candace Owen is a tRump bootlicker.

No one should expect her to blurt out anything but whatever lie the moment demands to bolster tRump's lies.

I figured as much about Candace Owen. She is basically a Trump puppet.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Update: Candace Owen said that the Central Park Five weren't innocent. Disgusting thing to say.
the central park five claimed that their confessions were coerced, but michael armstrong, who served on a panel re-investigating the central park jogger case, the ms. meili case, wrote in the Wall Street Journal that there is no evidence that any of the confessions were coerced.

multiple videotaped confessions of “the five”; the presence of semen, blood, and hair on all of the suspects; a scratch on kevin richardson’s neck that, in the company of his father, he admitted he received by meili; and several witness accounts confirmed for the police that the central park five, who ken burns made into martyrs, were as guilty as sin itself of initiating and facilitating an attack against trisha meili that nearly cost the poor woman her life.

armstrong also noted that the central park five were never actually exonerated, there were just no re-trials given that the central park five had served their sentences. the central park five had also been convicted of assaulting other people in central park prior to the central park jogger, one of which was a man beaten into unconsciousness with a pipe, so it's not as if the central park five had pristine records before the jogger case occurred.

I lived in NYC at the time. I remember this central park jogger case very well.

http://www.reid.com/pdfs/20140915-jogger.pdf

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-10-2019 at 07:39 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 07:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the central park five claimed that their confessions were coerced, but michael armstrong, who served on a panel re-investigating the central park jogger case, the ms. meili case, wrote in the Wall Street Journal that there is no evidence that any of the confessions were coerced.

multiple videotaped confessions of “the five”; the presence of semen, blood, and hair on all of the suspects; a scratch on kevin richardson’s neck that, in the company of his father, he admitted he received by meili; and several witness accounts confirmed for the police that the central park five, who ken burns made into martyrs, were as guilty as sin itself of initiating and facilitating an attack against trisha meili that nearly cost the poor woman her life.

armstrong also noted that the central park five were never actually exonerated, there were just no re-trials given that the central park five had served their sentences. the central park five had also been convicted of assaulting other people in central park prior to the central park jogger, one of which was a man beaten into unconsciousness with a pipe, so it's not as if the central park five had pristine records before the jogger case occurred.

I lived in NYC at the time. I remember this central park jogger case very well.

http://www.reid.com/pdfs/20140915-jogger.pdf
Actually if you dig through the record with an unbiased view it is reasonably clear that the 5 were not guilty of the rape. In fact all of the factual evidence would indicate they were not involved...which is the testimony of the actual perpetrator.

It is common to point out that they were up to no good that night. Which may well be true but is not proven.

And please they do not require exoneration! Our system is clear. You are innocent until proven guilty.

I can find no record that the 5 were convicted of anything else that was not reversed by the vacation of the convictions l.You have some other cite.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:11 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually if you dig through the record with an unbiased view it is reasonably clear that the 5 were not guilty of the rape. In fact all of the factual evidence would indicate they were not involved...which is the testimony of the actual perpetrator.

It is common to point out that they were up to no good that night. Which may well be true but is not proven.

And please they do not require exoneration! Our system is clear. You are innocent until proven guilty.

I can find no record that the 5 were convicted of anything else that was not reversed by the vacation of the convictions l.You have some other cite.
Not according to Mueller and his devotees.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It’s old news
It is but it is news that is relevant again due to a recent documentary that dropped on Netflix.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Not according to Mueller and his devotees.
Why in the world would you want to change the subject?

Old 06-11-2019, 01:13 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

You want others to be unbiased then present this argument of half truths. The poster you replied to, the account as related, is the story as I understand it. You did little to address any of the relevant points. The only thing we can say is we know that another man confessed to the rape. Its requires suspension of reality to assert these men.were innocent of any of the violence that happened their that night. They will not be tried again for it.
They got off reaaal lucky with time served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.