Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 12:14 PM

623 posts, read 233,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yet another 'religious leader' and his extravagant lifestyle.

Fools and their money.....

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...155211760.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtF34MrsfI
People like him make me sick. Just one reason my wife who is a christian doesn't go to church. Its all about the money now. Churches above a certain size should be taxed. I could BS people from a pulpit for money! It ain't hard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 12:29 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How did I tell anyone how to spend their money? They can do whatever they want. I just think it's sad because they're told they'll get their needs met, or healing or any number of things if they give their money to people like this. I know whereof I speak.

Sorry, but you can't unsay what you posted. And then you double down on the position by implying their needs are not being met! How could you possibly know that?

Old 06-05-2019, 12:46 PM

566 posts, read 678,011 times
Did you all not see how he even had the reporter nearly hynotized near the end? These people have been given a certain gift from God to be used for good or evil. Yes, wealthy ones should be taxed. There must be a balance when they are not giving as much as they have to the needs of others. Do You remember, when the early church started? God blessed them, and said to share their funds among each other, and take care of the poor because there was no public aid or social security. Copeland only spoke of the OT when referring to his wealth, but not the early church. Yes, even Benny Hinn was given a supernatural healing power that was real and much needed by people. That is how they became so wealthy. It was this miraculous power. Before this power, most of them were struggling financially. When they use God's Power in corruption then it boomerangs back, like a Dorian Gray effect. The true state or portrait of their soul becomes exposed to others eventually. When he spoke of demons, he looked like one. Did you see his eyes? His demeanor seemed almost inhuman, unnatural, and creepy. I know homosexuals who behave more natural and human. I do not know why this corruption of power occurs in the souls of so many Godly teachers of many religions. Copeland blames so many people being possessed by demons as to why he needs to own jets and fly detached. Perhaps what he is flying away from are his own demons.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-05-2019 at 01:22 PM..

Old 06-05-2019, 01:16 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post

btw, yahoo article about Jay-Z being a billionaire. If you are okay with that (and I am) you can't complain about this preacher man
Jay Z pays taxes on his earnings. Preacher man doesn't.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yeah, because it's only Pelosi who does that. The pantload in the Oval Office playing golf every moment he gets - - I'll let that one slide.
Trump supporters probably think he doesn't sponge off the taxpayers enough as the greatest president ever.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle2O19 View Post
How do I become a successful televangelist?

Plenty of people make money with peoples stupidity. Whether is religion, magical nutritional supplements, miraculous pills, overpriced food or clothes.

It’s capitalism at its finest. Don’t like it? Move to Cuba.
Right! So just copy after Peter Popoff. It won't even hurt to have an odd last name like that.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Did you all not see how he even had the reporter nearly hynotized near the end? These people have been given a certain gift from God to be used for good or evil. Yes, wealthy ones should be taxed. There must be a balance when they are not giving as much as they have to the needs of others. Do You remember, when the early church started? God blessed them, and said to share their funds among each other, and take care of the poor because there was no public aid or social security. Copeland only spoke of the OT when referring to his wealth, but not the early church. Yes, even Benny Hinn was given a supernatural healing power that was real and much needed by people. That is how they became so wealthy. It was this miraculous power. Before this power, most of them were struggling financially. When they use God's Power in corruption then it boomerangs back, like a Dorian Gray effect. The true state or portrait of their soul becomes exposed to others eventually. When he spoke of demons, he looked like one. Did you see his eyes? His demeanor seemed almost inhuman, unnatural, and creepy. I know homosexuals who behave more natural and human. I do not know why this corruption of power occurs in the souls of so many Godly teachers of many religions. Copeland blames so many people being possessed by demons as to why he needs to own jets and fly detached. Perhaps what he is flying away from are his own demons.
I have no idea how anybody could be hypnotized by him. I felt like I needed another shower after watching that clip. So flamboyantly over-the-top, fake, and slimy. And he definitely seemed to be desperately hemming and hawing for excuses when he was called out.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:13 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Want to bet there is a higher percentage of blacks with convictions than pastors living elite lifestyles?
Not sure what your point is comparing highly paid televangelist to high percentages of convicted blacks.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Want to bet there is a higher percentage of blacks with convictions than pastors living elite lifestyles?
What in the hell are you talking about? Did you just black out and post that dumb ****?

Dude, go have a Gatorade or something. The Texas humidity has you hallucinating.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Not sure what your point is comparing highly paid televangelist to high percentages of convicted blacks.
If I post something, he immediately looks for a way to make it about African Americans.

He’s a conservative Texan...he can’t help it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies