Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 10:50 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Nope no assumptions. Have a set of facts.

Why is there a Pride PArade? To celebrate being LBGTQALDJNFLADN. What does that mean? A LBGTQALDJNFLADN person has sex with other LBGTQALDJNFLADN.

Facts is facts. You don't like em, and I don't care. /shrug/ The parade is a celebration of sex. By definition.
Why does it bother you and other Christian Republicans so much that gay people exist? Just don't go to the parade. Live in an area where they don't happen or if they do, they are tame (Oklahoma is a good choice). Turn off secular TV if seeing somebody who is gay angers you so much.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:

Why is there a Pride PArade? To celebrate being LBGTQALDJNFLADN. What does that mean? A LBGTQALDJNFLADN person has sex with other LBGTQALDJNFLADN.

Facts is facts. You don't like em, and I don't care. /shrug/ The parade is a celebration of sex. By definition.
acts? That's pretty funny. Now, tell us, when & where was the last pride parade you went to & what did you see? Provide factual nondoctored videos & pictures. Because MY facts show me that when I have attended pride parades not only in my city but also in Chicago, there was none of the sexual things going on that you & the others on here are "claiming". Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible. Is it fact at each & every parade? Nope.

If that's how you define a gay or straight person, simply by who they're having sex with, that's your problem Shrug.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:53 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Most of the posts I've seen about this parade (including the ones in the OP link) are all joking about it. Not sure why OP and others think "the left" is "going beserk."

I'm not "the left" but it is funny to me that someone thinks about gay people and their parade so much that they want to be "proud" too of being attracted to a particular or opposite gender and having sex.

IMO folks got too much time on their hands if they are mad about a gay parade and so stomp their feet and say "I wanna parade too" and then go do one. It is pretty hilarious and like toddler tantrum activities to me. Hope they have fun.

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:

Try again.

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Nothing against LGBT folks ....but if straight people dressed and acted in public the way some in the gay pride parades do, they'd be arrested.
Um they do at celebrations.

Mardi Gras

Florida's Fantasy Fest

Just two off the top of my head.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:54 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
So if your wife/girlfriend/daughter/mother/niece/grand daughter or YOU ( I think you are female ) were being denied the right to housing, jobs, marriage, and had laws that entrenched those inequalities, you're fine with that?

You wouldn't want to add your voice to change that? Why?
Of course not. It is not the 1900s or 1960s. Women have rights now so there is no need for those marches anymore. All respect to first and second wave feminists who fought for women's basic rights. Women are out-earning men in many areas and are the majority of college grads.

Right now the most unhip thing to be is straight (and white and male). People outright ridicule and say hateful things about them and it is encouraged. So have a parade to say I'm not ashamed of who I am...

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
You don't need to have sex to be gay or straight or bisexual or que*r or whatever.

So no, pride is not a "celebration of sex". Wrong again!

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
With the ruling political party and 40% of Americans believing gays should be forced back into the closet by a fundamentalist Christian state, gay pride parades are needed now more than ever.
Not even close

I don't care who you are attracted to or what your orientation is.

Just act like a normal person. Don't shove it in my face.

Gay people holding hands, hugging. Fine
Straight people holding hands, hugging. Fine

Gay people celebrating with assless chaps, nudity and general debauchery. Not ok.

It wouldn't be ok if straight people did the same thing either. They would end up arrested for public indecency.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Um, yes the WHOLE parade is celebrating sex ... as in people ... who want have sex with same sex partners. That's the whole point. Without the sex on same sex part? There would be no need for a parade because there would be no gay people. The very definition of gay is based on who is having sex with whom.

Remember the Sex and the city episode where Charlotte is just so enamored with a group of lesbians? What do they tell her?

Charlotte hides the fact she’s straight from the group of lesbians until finally, one of them asks her if she is gay.

“No, I’m not,” Charlotte said, “But I do so enjoy the company of all these women. Everyone’s so smart and funny. After spending too much time and attention on men it feels like such a safe, warm environment. And while sexually, I feel that I am straight, there’s a very powerful part of me that connects to the female spirit.”

The lesbian smiles and says, “Sweetheart, that’s all very nice,
but if you’re not going to eat p-ssy, you’re not a dyke.”
I don't know what more disturbing. You still not getting the difference between sex, as in the act, and sexuality, or using a TV show that is written purely for entertainment as evidence.

Next you are going to tell me that soap operas truly reflect life.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
acts? That's pretty funny. Now, tell us, when & where was the last pride parade you went to & what did you see? Provide factual nondoctored videos & pictures. Because MY facts show me that when I have attended pride parades not only in my city but also in Chicago, there was none of the sexual things going on that you & the others on here are "claiming". Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible. Is it fact at each & every parade? Nope.

If that's how you define a gay or straight person, simply by who they're having sex with, that's your problem Shrug.

The bold IMO really is the way many people define a gay or straight person.

They don't understand the "pride" parades because they only liken it to having sex and not about being free (after 100 years of struggle) to express themselves and love who they want, which is what pride is typically about. Also those of us who are not LGBTQ supporting our loved ones who are LGBTQ.

Those who get tantrum-y about pride parades want us to celebrate that they have sex (and they probably don't even get much or any) with the gender opposite of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies