Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:36 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It’s the same as any other accident because he didn’t do anything reckless. Pulling out your taser in the heat of the moment is not a reckless thought. He pulled the wrong weapon. The guy shot was a criminal who will recover. It’s not the huge tragedy or horrible act that people are making it out to be.
“Sorry, FAA official. I couldn’t remember which lever was for the landing gear and which lever was for the flaps. But nobody died...what’s the big deal?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 01:44 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
So if you kill someone on your way home from work in a car accident, and you are at fault, is that automatic criminal negligence on your part, or is it just an unfortunate accident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
“Sorry, FAA official. I couldn’t remember which lever was for the landing gear and which lever was for the flaps. But nobody died...what’s the big deal?”
I agree that these are not criminal issues. To be a criminal issue, you need to do something on purpose.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:59 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I agree that these are not criminal issues. To be a criminal issue, you need to do something on purpose.
He purposely wore his gun and taser on the same side of his belt in direct violation of dept. policy.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Guilty or not, that should not be determined by someone with a conflict of interest. That goes against everything our justice system is supposed to be about. It's clearly tipping the scales.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
So if you kill someone on your way home from work in a car accident, and you are at fault, is that automatic criminal negligence on your part, or is it just an unfortunate accident?
Lol...what’s is wrong with you people?

There’s a normal, societal expectation that people in cars have deadly accidents. Several happen daily. We’re sad and shocked when it happens, but it’s not nature going out of its order. It’s an anomaly and a happenstance that someone gets killed in a car, but getting killed in a motor vehicle going 70 miles an hour is a function of human frailty.

Who in the hell expects to get shot by cops while they’re in custody? Like...literally NO ONE does. To boot, who expects to see a cop shoot someone when they meant to tase the person? Am I living in the damn Twilight Zone or something? We’re actually gonna NORMALIZE mistakenly using a gun when you meant to use a taser? Is this just how far you’re willing to let this society rot into? We pay cops good money, give them benefits and 20 year retirements, but we shouldn’t expect them not to shoot citizens when they should’ve tasered them? Is that how low you really wanna go?

If so, count me out. I know the United States has the worst bunch of hayseeds in the civilized world, but even I’m not so cynical as to expect cops not to know the difference between a gun and a taser. Sorry. You can have that sorry ass world that you’re apparently inhabiting. My standards are higher than that.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:19 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The video said the cop violated policy by having the gun and taser on the same side.

Yep. I know ALL LE around here are required to weak side their Tazer. I've never seen a cop here carrying strong side with one. Never.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:30 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LE gets to conduct their own independent investigations in cases like this. There's no accountability. And yes you are correct that we citizens have been remiss in allowing this. The cops should be subject to the same rules we citizens are. If they were we would see a lot fewer "mistakes."
The thin blue line would like to have a word with you.

Unbridled propaganda levels of support is what brought us here. There is little accountability.

Another problem is most police training now is more akin to military training and IS NOT how cops where trained back before this was a systemic problem.

Also personally believe there is a measurable uptick in alt-right representation in these types of positions of power.

"Some of those at work forces, are the same that burn crosses" - Rage Against The Machine.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:48 PM

763 posts, read 379,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Guilty or not, that should not be determined by someone with a conflict of interest. That goes against everything our justice system is supposed to be about. It's clearly tipping the scales.
So true.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:09 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
The thin blue line would like to have a word with you.

Unbridled propaganda levels of support is what brought us here. There is little accountability.

Another problem is most police training now is more akin to military training and IS NOT how cops where trained back before this was a systemic problem.

Also personally believe there is a measurable uptick in alt-right representation in these types of positions of power.

"Some of those at work forces, are the same that burn crosses" - Rage Against The Machine.

Hmm. Yes indeed. Interestingly it's been the extreme left advocating for more LE power and that we citizens need to depend on LE for our protection and that only the cops and the military should be armed. LOL and thus the alt right stormtroopers have inundated LE agencies? Quite interesting.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Who has a conflict of interest here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies