Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 10:23 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

THE RESTAURANT HAD A GLUTEN FREE MENU.

Sounds like the kid's family is looking for a pay out and attention.
"My child was discriminated against. He was a victim!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 10:25 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The restaurant didn't make a drama out of it. The father & kid did by now suing the restaurant......for having them eat outside......seriously? In what kind of world is that considered appropriate? If the kid has an allergy, the parents know about it & they could've called the restaurant or whatever. But to bring in a cooler & start making food right there in the restaurant? Beyond ridiculous. And then they sue. Come on.

Yeah they did make a drama out of it.
They sent the kid to eat outside.
What kind of a world is it that won't let a kid who is gluten intolerant eat his sandwich with his friends?

Too much drama. Just let some things go.

Like I said. Sueing is inappropriate as well, but I feel like there's no humanity in this whole story.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Yeah they did make a drama out of it.
They sent the kid to eat outside.
What kind of a world is it that won't let a kid who is gluten intolerant eat his sandwich with his friends?

Too much drama. Just let some things go.

Like I said. Sueing is inappropriate as well, but I feel like there's no humanity in this whole story.
Drama is the father bringing in a cooler & assembling sandwiches inside of the restaurant. Ridiculous, over the top, uncalled for behavior.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:47 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Why didn't the kid's father let him choose food from the gluten free menu?

Old 06-06-2019, 10:47 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Drama is the father bringing in a cooler & assembling sandwiches inside of the restaurant. Ridiculous, over the top, uncalled for behavior.

It's not a zero-sum game. Drama on both sides; each could have handled it better.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Try bringing your own food into ANY restaurant!
I've seen it done quite a bit. I can give anecdotal stories also but they really don't mean much. I've done it (though grant it, it was many years ago when people weren't such jerks).

I've never seen anyone bring in a cooler but if I owned the restaurant, after an explanation, law or not, I wouldn't have cared.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why didn't the kid's father let him choose food from the gluten free menu?
That has been addressed 4-5 times. Read a thread before commenting.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:

I do hope you never have any children with conditions that could potentially make them seriously ill.

For a gluten intolerant child, from the fathers perspective, it probably isn't that ridiculous.

Like the other poster said, both sides could have handled it better.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've seen it done quite a bit. I can give anecdotal stories also but they really don't mean much. I've done it (though grant it, it was many years ago when people weren't such jerks).

I've never seen anyone bring in a cooler but if I owned the restaurant, after an explanation, law or not, I wouldn't have cared.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I do hope you never have any children with conditions that could potentially make them seriously ill.

For a gluten intolerant child, from the fathers perspective, it probably isn't that ridiculous.

Like the other poster said, both sides could have handled it better.
Listen, I do not expect to be catered to. The world does not revolve around me. If I had some sort of allergy, I would simply not go out. Done. I would never think to go to a restaurant, bring my own food & assemble it there. It's obnoxious. If the kid has some sort of allergy, deal with it. You don't demand special privileges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies