Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Toplessness is acceptable during Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

During other times of the year? No. You'll be arrested.

Does everyone know this? Yes.

Do people who object to partial nudity know to avoid the area? Yes.

Does it claim to be a family friendly event? No.
In many jurisdictions, mine included, it's not illegal for woman to go topless.

It's the sexual hysterics who damage children, rather than a woman simply going topless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And topless beaches are known. You can't go topless at a beach that doesn't have that designation.
Like I mentioned, depends where.

All beaches are topless here. No designation required.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I have been to these pride events in Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Wash DC and even Tel Aviv, Israel.

I have seen male/female public nudity (genetalia), men dry humping each other, men fondling other men who had obvious erections, etc....

These were public events, and children were often present. It wasnt just a bunch of happy rainbow flag waving.

That is my personal experiance, public lewd behaviour seemed to be encouraged and overlooked by law enforcement, where it would be discouraged or banned in most other non gay oriented events.

The U.S. mothership of many gay events seems to be in San Fransisco, and publically lewd behaviour certianly gets the progressive cities outright endorsement and support.

This was documented a few years back by a photo journalist, and published on his/hers website.

A city endorsed, open to the public gay-centric event called the "Up Your Alley" fair.

This link is NSFW.

Up Your Alley Fair, San Francisco, July 27, 2008 Part 1

This is an ongoing annual event in SF.
My second response to this post.

I find your link not appropriate for CD, even with the warnings. It is telling, at least to me, that the person accusing others of lewd behaviour, posts that behaviour.

I reported it and will see if the moderator agrees.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:36 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That is not a PRIDE parade or a PRIDE event. It's an ADULT ONLY event. Children not allowed. Not my cup of tea, and something most gay people wouldn't attend, but hey, Adults are adults.
I didnt claim it a Pride event, I stated it was a gay centric event. That event was open to the public. And yes there was children present. (And uniformed city police)
The topic was lewd behaviour at Pride and other gay centric events that seem to be beyond standard American accepted norms. This was an (extreme) example of such.

Quote:
Judging gay people because of one event is silly.
I wasnt and dont.

Quote:
That said, it's interesting you found this, know about this, and posted it. Odd to me.
I followed the San Fransisco based blogger for years who posted it until he/she went offline, this topic made me remember that particular photo essay. Link I posted is still prominent on the homepage. His/her focus was on San Fransisco culture primarily. Not odd at all, just a snapshot of a reoccurring annual event in good old San Fransisco.

More here: http://www.zombietime.com/

Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
My second response to this post.

I find your link not appropriate for CD, even with the warnings. It is telling, at least to me, that the person accusing others of lewd behaviour, posts that behaviour.

I reported it and will see if the moderator agrees.
Report away. The link has a warning and it is on topic to the discussion in the thread, but I'll abide by any mod decision.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I didnt claim it a Pride event, I stated it was a gay centric event. That event was open to the public. And yes there was children present. (And uniformed city police)
The topic was lewd behaviour at Pride and other gay centric events that seem to be beyond standard American accepted norms. This was an (extreme) example of such.

I wasnt and dont.

I followed the San Fransisco based blogger for years who posted it until he/she went offline, this topic made me remember that particular photo essay. Link I posted is still prominent on the homepage. His/her focus was on San Fransisco culture primarily. Not odd at all, just a snapshot of a reoccurring annual event in good old San Fransisco.

More here: zombietime
The subject is PRIDE not other events, it's in the OP's title.

I can say with certainty that if ANY of what that linked showed happened at any PRIDE event, it would be shut down immediately.

No one under the age of 18 is allowed. I looked it up...so NO children.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:50 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Default The Left Discriminates Against Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/48079...jeffrey-cawood

There's no pleasing the Left in the Current Year.
Or any other year....

Old 06-08-2019, 06:28 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,677 times
Why do people hate gay cops,? Homophobia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies