Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 07:59 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so?
So it was incorrectly claimed that other American presidents have had military parades on July 4. That is not the case.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:04 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Happy fourth everyone! As I used to tell my right wing buddies in the Obama days when they got in a tizzy...Our country is strong enough to manage a bad president no matter your perspective on the issue. We'll come out if this here fiasco just fine.

Proud to be an American!

Old 07-04-2019, 08:04 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Who said anything about national unity? Democrats have moved us well beyond that point now. Their disdain for today is not new - they have long hated the celebration of America.
Hogwash.

I will be attending my community's parade and July 4 Festival, and will be assisting in registering new voters (and updating records for those who've moved or had name changes) immediately afterwards. I will be wearing red, white and blue. And I'll watch the fireworks - local fireworks, that is - tonight, as usual.

What will YOU be doing to demonstrate your professed love of our country?

Old 07-04-2019, 08:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Happy fourth everyone! As I used to tell my right wing buddies in the Obama days when they got in a tizzy...Our country is strong enough to manage a bad president no matter your perspective on the issue. We'll come out if this here fiasco just fine.

Proud to be an American!
Double reps.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:06 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Hogwash.

I will be attending my community's parade and July 4 Festival, and will be assisting in registering new voters (and updating records for those who've moved or had name changes) immediately afterwards. I will be wearing red, white and blue. And I'll watch the fireworks - local fireworks, that is - tonight, as usual.

What will YOU be doing to demonstrate your professed love of our country?
You’re not attending the Antifa rally with your acid prepared?

I’ll be attending my neighborhood parade, having a bbq and watching fireworks as well as the President’s address.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
It's a Trump Rally - the reporters from there all say it's clearly that way. It's his allies and political friends attending...and a bunch of tea partiers (who now wear MAGA hats)....

It's really sad that he can never be a normal POTUS for all of the people of the USA.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:29 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I pay taxes, too, and I would far prefer them spent to improve conditions at the border than on unnecessary ego-strokes for Trump.

Even if you want to be perceived as heartless as your above post indicates, you might want to consider the public health aspect of the shamefully poor treatment of children at the border. Infectious diseases, including rabies, are appearing - and they know no border. Just wait until one of the guards takes a nasty bug home to his own family.

Shoe will be on the other foot then, won't it?
Hmm, I'd rather spend the money on our own homeless children and vets, personally. Quite frankly, I'd be good with evacuating the border detention centers into the fastest bus back to the detainees' countries of origin. Let's fix our own problems before inviting more problems in.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's a Trump Rally - the reporters from there all say it's clearly that way. It's his allies and political friends attending...and a bunch of tea partiers (who now wear MAGA hats)....

It's really sad that he can never be a normal POTUS for all of the people of the USA.
Get real. Trump wouldn't be accepted by the left if his initials were JC and he could walk on water. At this point, if I were Trump I'd be purposely doing things to irritate the liberals.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Presidential address is over and it was a great salute to America and those who sacrifice to keep it great !!!

So the democrats and Trump haters got their panties in a bunch and fearmongered over perceived intent proving they don't know the intent of anyone beyond their own despicable selves !!!
Thankfully there is still time for them to change their diapers and watch the fireworks without stinking up the place !!!

Old 07-04-2019, 05:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Too bad climate change rained on trump's parade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies