Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 05:42 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Too bad climate change rained on trump's parade.
Didn't seem to bother him or the huge crowd a bit.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Counting russian for what?
I actually heard an interview from DC and they did have a woman who claimed she was Russian....but maybe a US Citizen now.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:52 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I bet the hysterics at mainstream media feel a bit foolish now.

It was a stirring, patriotic, very American celebration. Not political at all. No celebrities! American heroes and history. My fave part was the flyovers.

Only tanks were two in front of the podium.

It had been a hot day so the showers were probably welcome.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:06 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I actually heard an interview from DC and they did have a woman who claimed she was Russian....but maybe a US Citizen now.

Glad to hear, that you heard something from you brothers, uncles, niece, second cousin on his mother/fathers side......who said something...but maybe now maybe a US citizen......

Old 07-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Melania was gorgeous, as usual. Potus was graceful. All was well.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:33 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Get real. Trump wouldn't be accepted by the left if his initials were JC and he could walk on water. At this point, if I were Trump I'd be purposely doing things to irritate the liberals.
You don't get this at all. Other presidents have spoken to ALL the American people. They aren't under any illusion that everyone loves them, but it is the obligation of any president to speak to all of us in times of mourning and celebration. You are right that Trump could not do anything at this point to make liberals like him, but there are times when when he should be the leader of the country, regardless of who does or doesn't like him. There are times that the presidency should be non-political. Trump just doesn't understand this, and that is one reason many people are fed up with him. Every president I can think of (and my memory just goes back to Kennedy) has understood this - except Trump. That right there disqualifies him for a second term in my book. He had four years to speak to the country as if we all mattered as citizens, and he has never done it.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
What happened to the military tanks?

Trump says there will be military tanks at his July 4th celebration

Old 07-04-2019, 06:55 PM

15,635 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Wow! did anyone see the turnout today for the July 4th celebration? It was impressive. scroll through the pictures below. On a sweltering day, thousands turn out to celebrate this great country.

See photos from Fourth of July in Washington, D.C. - StarTribune.com

below is one picture of the crowd if you don't want to see the rest of the photos in article above:

https://twitter.com/GPollowitz/statu...09129962905600

Old 07-04-2019, 06:56 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
You don't get this at all. Other presidents have spoken to ALL the American people. They aren't under any illusion that everyone loves them, but it is the obligation of any president to speak to all of us in times of mourning and celebration. You are right that Trump could not do anything at this point to make liberals like him, but there are times when when he should be the leader of the country, regardless of who does or doesn't like him. There are times that the presidency should be non-political. Trump just doesn't understand this, and that is one reason many people are fed up with him. Every president I can think of (and my memory just goes back to Kennedy) has understood this - except Trump. That right there disqualifies him for a second term in my book. He had four years to speak to the country as if we all mattered as citizens, and he has never done it.
Your echo chamber works well, apparently. The only people who feel that Trump is divisive are those who are specifically looking to be offended. He has been far less hateful in his speeches than Obama was (remember "clinging to guns and religion"?) and downright friendly compared to Hillary.

Face it, the left has been taken over by the perpetually offended and there is absolutely nothing any politician can do to bring them back to sanity. We've witnessed the destruction of the old school, working man Democrat party. I really just don't care if the SJW crowd that is running the Dems get offended. They were going to get offended anyway, and if I were in Trump's position I'd be going out of my way to make their heads explode with outrage. After all, they're the ones claiming Trump isn't their president. Why should he pretend they matter?

Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What happened to the military tanks?

You tell us.....from people like you, they were supposed to rolling down the streets.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies