Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 09:11 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Trump celebrates LGBT Pride Month

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tamm...can-gay-rights

Corporations are probably doing it because it's that time of the year, just like they have the Honor Those Who Serve campaign.

If you're a little bit too touchy or alarmist about LGBT, there are probably a lot of people who might think you protest too much to deflect attention from yourself.
OH.....this is a good one! This liberal ^^^ thinks I have a problem with gay people, so it's intimating that I would freak out if people thought I was gay. Jeez.....you liberals are so high and mighty. All I said was that I find it annoying when retail companies take up liberal causes by badgering their customers for donations at the POS.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:25 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
I fully support these companies making the decision to engage in all of these overt SJW campaigns. I also fully support my decision to never purchase from these same companies again. Makes shopping a lot easier!

Old 06-08-2019, 09:42 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times
OK snowflake. Thanks for the info. You're always free to not buy a cup of coffee from Starbucks. Me thinks SB probably wouldn't even notice, because there are a millions of suburban moms who'll still go.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:10 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OH.....this is a good one! This liberal ^^^ thinks I have a problem with gay people, so it's intimating that I would freak out if people thought I was gay. Jeez.....you liberals are so high and mighty. All I said was that I find it annoying when retail companies take up liberal causes by badgering their customers for donations at the POS.

There are retailers that actually do this? Ask for donations? If so, that is your only complaint? You have no problem with them just showing support for the LGBT community, right?

Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So let's get this straight...the Communist left are actually the top capitalists?
It's a 'tops-turvy' world where corporations are not only people, they're 'woke' religious people with political opinions.

Sheeesh, what will they think of next.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
There are retailers that actually do this? Ask for donations? If so, that is your only complaint? You have no problem with them just showing support for the LGBT community, right?
Define support.

Define "LGBT community."

Explain what "LGBT community" is getting the money and why.

Explain why the "LGBT community" is in such dire straits that they need to panhandle at POS transactions.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:09 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Yes, that's my complaint. If they want to take some of THEIR profits and donate to whatever cause they feel strongly about, fine by me. If some consumers decide not to patronize that place, that's their choice.

Sort of like when the Chik-Filet owner said he was opposed to gay marriage - lots of liberals boycotted the place. But the owner did not ask his customers to actually give money to some anti-gay marriage effort; he just expressed his own opinion.

And are you joking about being surprised that retailers ask for donations? It is very rare that I make a purchase somewhere without being asked to give money to whatever cause the company likes.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:15 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Yes, that's my complaint. If they want to take some of THEIR profits and donate to whatever cause they feel strongly about, fine by me. If some consumers decide not to patronize that place, that's their choice.

Sort of like when the Chik-Filet owner said he was opposed to gay marriage - lots of liberals boycotted the place. But the owner did not ask his customers to actually give money to some anti-gay marriage effort; he just expressed his own opinion.

And are you joking about being surprised that retailers ask for donations? It is very rare that I make a purchase somewhere without being asked to give money to whatever cause the company likes.
I think this is more prevalent in some areas of the country than others. But it is happening everywhere where I live, too. Pretty much all stores. Some all the time, some only certain times of the year for whatever drive they are doing. I would guess it is mostly in affluent areas where people are more likely to give to charity [hint]. Which may be why people's experience differ.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:24 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Define support.

Define "LGBT community."

Explain what "LGBT community" is getting the money and why.

Explain why the "LGBT community" is in such dire straits that they need to panhandle at POS transactions.
In support of LGBTQ youth in crisis, Macy’s Pride + Joy campaign includes a nationwide give back component in partnership with The Trevor Project. As the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, *****, and questioning young people, The Trevor Project works to save young lives by providing support through free and confidential programs, including TrevorLifeline, TrevorText, and TrevorChat. They also run TrevorSpace, the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth, and operate innovative education, research, and advocacy programs.

To help raise funds for Trevor’s important work, from June 1 – June 17 at all Macy’s stores nationwide, shoppers can celebrate Pride by giving back to The Trevor Project through Macy’s charitable round-up program. As customers complete their in-store purchases, they will be invited to round up to the nearest dollar (up to $.99) and donate the change to The Trevor Project. These donations will help support the organization’s mission of providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services. In select markets including Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, Lexington (KY), Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and St. Petersburg (FL), the round-up campaign will be extended through June 30 to coincide with Pride parade celebrations in which Macy’s has a local presence.

https://www.apnews.com/Business%20Wi...6cb0d2b50c3d63

Old 06-09-2019, 07:24 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
I could care less what gay people do. I just don't want corporations to bug me to donate to special interests when I'm simply trying to buy their product. Has nothing to do with being inclusive. Why don't you people get that?

P.S. Why do liberals get so nasty when someone expresses an opinion about corporate fundraising with which they don't agree? Companies should NOT be trying to build their tax deductions by bugging their customers.

When I see a commercial by a corporation that's actively promoting religious sentiments I don't go online and start thousands of posts deriding the company and calling them every name in the book. You people do. It's bizarre. If it's something THAT upsetting to me I simply refuse to buy their product and call it a day. Conservatives can't do that when it comes to LGBT issues.

No one is getting angry about anyone expressing opinions. Not sure where you're getting that. Companies "bug" their customers on a daily basis with advertising. I don't see any conservatives complaining about that until they show an ad supportive of a non-standard lifestyle. That's when conservative heads explode all over the internet. Why not just let it go like the rest of us? Why do you people care what other people do with their lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies